same sex marriage

Why are you so uncomfortable when faced with the reality that human sexuality isn't as black and white as you thought, cecile?

You're referencing people with a genetic birth defect that makes them biologically male as "females with Y chromosomes"? I take it back. You weren't asleep in biology class. You were asleep in READING class.

The next time you condescendingly Google something to prove your case, dipshit, try getting someone to read it to YOU first.
So now you're upset because I proved females can have a y chromosome?

Wait... there's more...

xxy males - Google Search

That's right,. men with two x chromosomes

wait.. and even a girl with two x chromosomes- and a y

SpringerLink - Journal Article
Abstract A 47,XXY karyotype was found in a 6-year-old girl. The patient had female external genitalia, clitoromegaly, remnants of the ductus mesonephricus, uterus, and gonads in the labia majora which were determined to be testes by histology. Cytogenetic and DNA analyses suggest that the Y chromosome had a normal structure and that both X chromosomes were of maternal origin. The unusual clinical findings in the patient are discussed.

So far as I know, the only impossibility would be having no x chromosome (since it contains information not present on the y)

Setarcos- YOU are the one who is not reading their own articles here.. Both articles say that the gender is MALE, for both of them, genetically. They are only *called* 47 XXY males and 47 xxy females as a means of letting the reader know their already established visual gender, which is not their actual gender. THIS is why the study is posted, to show that it is not their actual biological gender..

Only FEMALES can be born with only X chromosome, and if they have an extra one, its called Trisomy X, and they are still female, and have 3 x's. XXX.
KS&A  |  Trisomy X
MALES are the only ones who can have a Y chromosome, though.. even if they have an extra X, they are still male, biologically..
KS&A  |  47,XXY
Does everyone born with an extra X chromosome have Klinefelter syndrome? This answer is “No.” Females born with an extra X chromosome are Trisomy X; and while all males who are born with an extra X chromosome are at risk of developing Klinefelter syndrome, for currently unexplained reasons, there is broad phenotypic variability and many of these 47,XXY inviduals may not develop one or more of the distinguishing signs and symptoms of the condition.

Sooooooooo anyhoo.. how any of this applies to gay marriage is beyond me, probably just some peoples way of throwing the rest of us off track so that they can avoid the actual issues here..

What's a gay thread without any gays????

hard_gay_the_television.jpg

MALES are the only ones who can have a Y chromosome, though.. even if they have an extra X, they are still male, biologically..

Until recently, the only descriptions you'd see for sex involved two karyotypes: XX and XY. This was found to be insufficient to describe all of the potential human karyotypes. Genetic and physical sex can be different, ans a 'genetically male' XY karyotype or even xxy can develop like any other female- only superior to a 'normal' female in that they'll general be hyperfeminine.

Why are you people so scared to accept that the matter's not so black and white as you wish it were?

It doesn't matter that they had physical defects in their sex organs being overdeveloped or underdeveloped.. That doesnt make them any more a certain sex.

You don't see female babies dressed as boys, and argue like this with their mothers, do you?

You don't claim that people born with a tail are somehow primates.. do you?

You don't decide that because a woman has a big belly, that she must be pregnant, do you?

You don't proport to believe the dice are stacked this way, knowing full well that this is an optical illusion, either:

2614987887_162e6c01eb.jpg

This is because YOU are a logical person, who would not be tricked so easily...

And YET, you choose to use a study of GENETICS in which the person has an extra chromosome (much the same as downs syndrome works, but this is a different chromosome (the X) which does not even usually tend to cause the sexual genitalia to deform in such a way, and still, STILL, you choose to claim that this is not a black and white issue???

YOU brought up genetics. YOU had the burden to prove that this genetic dysfunction somehow makes someone both a male and a female. It does not- it only makes someone have reproductive dysfunction in most cases, and distorted growth of genitalia, which just happens to easily confuse doctors at first glance. It most certainly does not change the person's biological gender, in any way shape or form, no matter how far you try to reach..

I prefer to give a person the benefit of the doubt, and address them by whatever gender they prefer to be called. I don't go around demanding genetic analysis of the people I meet.

You don't claim that people born with a tail are somehow primates.. do you?

as well as those born without
And YET, you choose to use a study of GENETICS in which the person has an extra chromosome (much the same as downs syndrome works, but this is a different chromosome (the X) which does not even usually tend to cause the sexual genitalia to deform in such a way, and still, STILL, you choose to claim that this is not a black and white issue???

Do you still not get it? The very definitions of 'male' and 'female' have been changed repeatedly because it's not as black and white as was once thought.
YOU brought up genetics. YOU had the burden to prove that this genetic dysfunction somehow makes someone both a male and a female.

No, I don't, because I never claimed that. This makes twice I've caught you lying, the first being your gross misrepresentation of Virginia law (which you later backpedaled).

I prefer to give a person the benefit of the doubt, and address them by whatever gender they prefer to be called. I don't go around demanding genetic analysis of the people I meet.
I asked someone some time ago to state what definition of 'gender' they were using. They never did so.

Please, Eagle, what definition of 'gender' are you using?

Leviticus, chapter 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Those homosexual shall be dead penalty,such evil shall be cleaned from our land.

I asked someone some time ago to state what definition of 'gender' they were using. They never did so.

Please, Eagle, what definition of 'gender' are you using?

Gender = Whatever social role the person chooses to embrace. IE the use of "he" and "she" pronouns.

I only consider genetic sex (ie XX or XY) when contemplating reproduction.

Leviticus, chapter 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Those homosexual shall be dead penalty,such evil shall be cleaned from our land.
I see we have a new Taliban member.

Never heard of a Taliban who quotes the Bible :doubt:

Never heard of a Taliban who quotes the Bible :doubt:

It's an Old Testament Taliban. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, what would you classify the 3rd sexual identity in India as?

Not only is it recognized by the government, but by society as well.

Just out of curiosity, what would you classify the 3rd sexual identity in India as?

Not only is it recognized by the government, but by society as well.

They would be classified as "perverts"

Riiiiiiiiiiight. But the whole deal is, they are legally and socially recognized as HAVING A RIGHT TO EXIST!

You are correct Froggy, I do want to hug Sucking Idiot.............around the neck............with a piece of wire.........tight...........

Forum List

Back