Sacramento: Mom Could Get 30 Days in Jail for Letting 4-Year-Old Play Outside

Yes. I currently have a 4 year old. I don't leave her unsupervised. We live in a big city and a big area filled with apartment buildings and a road that some folks drive very fast on ... if we lived in a middle of nowhere, I'm sure it'd be very different.
Well, my wife and I sometimes lose track of our toddler children. We'll aspire to be better helicopters. Like you.

That's why it's a good idea to stop at 2 - really not much of a brainer to take care of them.
We didn't have them all at the same time. Our kids are 12, 8, 4, and 1. And a few miscarriages to help space them out.

Yeah, you're busy
Big Catholic family, just like we dreamed of.

Twin 11 year old girls, two nine year old boys, an eight year old girl and a six year old girl....two of them adopted. I wouldn't trade any of them :)

Well, my wife and I sometimes lose track of our toddler children. We'll aspire to be better helicopters. Like you.

That's why it's a good idea to stop at 2 - really not much of a brainer to take care of them.
We didn't have them all at the same time. Our kids are 12, 8, 4, and 1. And a few miscarriages to help space them out.

Yeah, you're busy

Twin 11 year old girls, two nine year old boys, an eight year old girl and a six year old girl....two of them adopted. I wouldn't trade any of them :)
We would have had more, but my wife had medical complications after our last one. We're in the process of being licensed for foster care and looking at possibly adopting.

With the way things are maybe just issue mom's a long range rifle when the child is born so she can guard the child at a distance. The child can learn to play and learn to be an independent thinker. This f***ing herd mentality has to go.

Yeah, you're busy

We would have had more, but my wife had medical complications after our last one. We're in the process of being licensed for foster care and looking at possibly adopting.

Good luck. I think we're done, we considered adopting again then along came our youngest...I fear there may be a clone out there :confused:

Mom is raising her son fine. Her way will dramatically lower then chance of him growing up into a pussified manchild crybully vindictive snowflake.

A four year old alone in a common area of an apartment complex is 'raising her son fine?'

You are beyond stupid.

Mom is raising her son fine. Her way will dramatically lower then chance of him growing up into a pussified manchild crybully vindictive snowflake.

A four year old alone in a common area of an apartment complex is 'raising her son fine?'

You are beyond stupid.

Go back to your Safe Space. You can't handle reality.

This may be a dumb question but is jail really necessary? If a big deal has to be made, wouldn't having the kid be in a foster home for a while be enough?

God bless you and the kid always!!!

Holly

Irresponsible parent. Four is too young to let play alone in a common area.

Sorry, but I fucking hate helicopter parents. This woman did nothing wrong. While I lean left on most things, we've become pussyfied when it comes to "protecting our kids". The worst thing about this is that the woman would have been arrested if the kid was eight or nine. Age has nothing to do with it. Swat you kid on the behind and you might end up in the pokey for child abuse. It's damned ridiculous.

This may be a dumb question but is jail really necessary? If a big deal has to be made, wouldn't having the kid be in a foster home for a while be enough?

Holly

Because putting the kid in a foster home is "best for the kid"? :cuckoo: We've lost our fucking minds.
At least the kid would be away from whoever obviously does not know how to look after them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. At the end of the day, the kid has to be placed somewhere.

My kids - now 44 and 43 - used to play outside until it was almost dark in the summer, used to walk to school by themselves (about half mile away) when they were 4-5 years old.

Mind you it was in Canada. And it was during normal times.

Holly

Because putting the kid in a foster home is "best for the kid"? :cuckoo: We've lost our fucking minds.
At least the kid would be away from whoever obviously does not know how to look after them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yeah, you want to put him in another home where he gets molested to protect him from a mother who lets him play independently. Makes perfect sense to me.

My kids - now 44 and 43 - used to play outside until it was almost dark in the summer, used to walk to school by themselves (about half mile away) when they were 4-5 years old.

Mind you it was in Canada. And it was during normal times.

Used too.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yeah, you want to put him in another home where he gets molested to protect him from a mother who lets him play independently. Makes perfect sense to me.
Just because one family may be guilty of such an act doesn't mean that they all are. Don't let one do the speaking for the rest.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back