Sacramento: Mom Could Get 30 Days in Jail for Letting 4-Year-Old Play Outside

Irresponsible parent. Four is too young to let play alone in a common area.

IN USA (CA of all places) you got that right. Leave any kid alone anywhere anytime? Crazy. There are killer and molesters circling blocks. This is not 1963 anymore, you don't walk to school un-guarded.

Irresponsible parent. Four is too young to let play alone in a common area.
HA./.....We used to play outside on our own all the time.
You left wing PC jagoffs think kids should be raised in the confines of a plastic bubble.
It is YOUR fault there is an epidemic of child obesity because you hand wringers are too shit scared to let your kids out of the house.

You right. They need to play out. But never alone without responsible Adult within runnin' distance. In a big grpup at a park with other parents? Maybe if one of those parents takes charge of yours. 4 yr. old is very young. Maybe 14 and up? Never for girls?

you don't want to "set the table" for the illegal criminals BHO forces out of jail.

HA./.....We used to play outside on our own all the time.
You left wing PC jagoffs think kids should be raised in the confines of a plastic bubble.
It is YOUR fault there is an epidemic of child obesity because you hand wringers are too shit scared to let your kids out of the house.

You would let a four year old play by himself in the common area of an apartment complex?

Yeah, that's just dumb ... imprisoning her for this, that is. While I do think that 4 is way too young, it's absolutely retarded to put her in prison for this. I'd have CPS monitor her for a while, but that's it.

It was, after all, in a gated community. As long as she could see him from her window and she was well-acquainted with her neighbours and their kids, I don't see this as outrageous. I have a nearly 5 year old and I'm considering letting play in our backyard alone - well, with other neighbourhood kids (we live in an apartment building that has a closed off backyard), but I'd be pretty much watching her from the balcony about 99% of the time anyway.

I walked to and from school on my own by 6 years of age though ... although the school was just across the street. It was early 90's.

This is not the 1950's where June Cleaver lived with her son Beaver. ( Ever noticed Beaver last name was Cleaver and his nicked name was " The Beaver " Cleaver? )

This is 2010's where you have rapist within your own home usually. ( Uncle Bob might be lurking )

So no it is not a good idea to leave you four year old child unattended, but thirty days in jail is too much too...

Yeah, that's just dumb ... imprisoning her for this, that is. While I do think that 4 is way too young, it's absolutely retarded to put her in prison for this. I'd have CPS monitor her for a while, but that's it.

It was, after all, in a gated community. As long as she could see him from her window and she was well-acquainted with her neighbours and their kids, I don't see this as outrageous. I have a nearly 5 year old and I'm considering letting play in our backyard alone - well, with other neighbourhood kids (we live in an apartment building that has a closed off backyard), but I'd be pretty much watching her from the balcony about 99% of the time anyway.

I walked to and from school on my own by 6 years of age though ... although the school was just across the street. It was early 90's.

They COULD jail her for this.

What country do you live?

It would be so good for the four year old's psychological development to have her mom spend time in the pokey. He'd have a lovely time being indoctrinated by social welfare strangers so that (s)he can grow up into a Life of Julie government dependent (after his inevitable gender reassignment surgery)!

Hopenchange!

This is not the 1950's where June Cleaver lived with her son Beaver. ( Ever noticed Beaver last name was Cleaver and his nicked name was " The Beaver " Cleaver? )

This is 2010's where you have rapist within your own home usually. ( Uncle Bob might be lurking )

So no it is not a good idea to leave you four year old child unattended, but thirty days in jail is too much too...

'The Beaver' (different connotation today) lived in a house, not an apartment. The question is whether a four year old should play alone in a common area.

It would be so good for the four year old's psychological development to have her mom spend time in the pokey. He'd have a lovely time being indoctrinated by social welfare strangers so that (s)he can grow up into a Life of Julie government dependent (after his inevitable gender reassignment surgery)!

Hopenchange!

Mom should take a parenting class.

They COULD jail her for this.

What country do you live?

Well, they obviously can since 'they' will. I'm not disputing that. I just disagree with it.

What does it matter where I'm from? It sure was no utopian society I grew up in ... Sorry, but I don't like to share information about myself with strangers on the internet - especially with misogynist racists like yourself.

Hopenchange!

Taking a 'parenting class' sure beats being locked up for a month ... Do you know how traumatising it's going to be for the boy to be without his mother for this whole time? Do you remember how long a month was when you were that age? It felt about as long as a year feels to you now ...

I just feel sorry for the boy. They are effectively punishing him for the mistake of his mom ...

Hopenchange!

Mom is raising her son fine. Her way will dramatically lower then chance of him growing up into a pussified manchild crybully vindictive snowflake.

I think it's over reach but at the same time I would have never left one of ours alone outside at four. Too many creeps and perverts out there

Forum List

Back