Ryan Booed Over Obamacare at AARP Conference

:lol:

Paul Ryan Booed At AARP (VIDEO)

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was booed by the audience while pledging to repeal Obamacare at AARP's annual conference Friday in New Orleans.

"The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal Obamacare, because it represents the worst of both worlds: It weakens Medicare for today's seniors and puts it at risk for the next generation," said Ryan, drawing boos from the audience.

Speaking about the cut in the rate of growth for future Medicare spending, Ryan said, "The money wasn't walled off to stay in Medicare. Instead, the law turned Medicare into a piggy bank for Obamacare." That earned louder boos.

"You don't have to take my word for it, you don't have to take my word for it," Ryan pleaded.

Paul Ryan booed by seniors at AARP convention over Medicare plan - YouTube

PRyan made the mistake of turning his head, his profile looks like a caricature of Pinocchio, after many lies.

no. they weren't.

Well, if they were booing Ryan it wouldn't surprise me. The AARP is a left leaning organization bent on their own personal greed.

...vis a vis the Republican Party that has become so far right it is now focused entirely on the personal greed of its membership.

Last I checked, the Republicans are the ones claiming to want to save Medicare and Social Security for generations, while the AARP is all about them, right now, fuck the grandkids.

In 1964, Barry Goldwater said Social Security was actuarially unsound. He was right, but the people didn't want to hear it. Paul Ryan is right about Obamacare, but people don't want to hear it. Once the people get free stuff, they won't let it go no matter how much it costs them.

Barry Goldwater was wrong and so is Ryan.

Tax capital gains as income.

Eliminate the 100K cap on SS taxes.

Problem solved.

Good grief, man. That wouldn't even begin to solve the problem. The 2% (and less) return on your SS investment really sucks. It's even worse for people of color. I'm just amazed at how few people in America actually believe in liberty.

Many people draw out more from SS than they ever paid in. A bit more than a 2% gain.

Well, if they were booing Ryan it wouldn't surprise me. The AARP is a left leaning organization bent on their own personal greed.

...vis a vis the Republican Party that has become so far right it is now focused entirely on the personal greed of its membership.

Last I checked, the Republicans are the ones claiming to want to save Medicare and Social Security for generations, while the AARP is all about them, right now, fuck the grandkids.

Yep past republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson is advertising reverse mortgages now.

I can't believe he's still dragging his mom around with him when he talks about Medicare, like some kind of political human shield.

Jesus Christ.

This is how far to the right the Republicans have gone.

The AARP are now bomb throwing radicals to them.

The AARP inserted itself into the Obamacare debacle. And they did it for mercenary reasons.. If they're losing support from conservative seniors, they made their choice.

Hmmm... boo Ryan. Boo PPACA.

It's all corporatist shit, and everyone who supports either are gullible suckers.

I can't believe he's still dragging his mom around with him when he talks about Medicare, like some kind of political human shield.

Jesus Christ.

Really?

Did he bring her today?

Yes.

The reception toward Mitt Romney's running mate improved but remained tepid even when he used his mother Betty Ryan Douglas, who was sitting in the front row with her older son Tobin, as an example of his commitment to protecting the entitlement program for seniors in or near retirement.

"I'm very proud of my mom, and I'm happy she is having a great retirement, Medicare is a big part of her security," Ryan said of his 78-year-old mother and retiree who lives part-time in Florida.

"Medicare is a promise, and we will honor it. A Romney-Ryan administration will protect and strengthen Medicare, for my mom's generation, for my generation, and for my kids and yours.," he added.

I hope she consoled him after he got booed. Maybe they went for ice cream after.

Jesus Christ.

Really?

Did he bring her today?

Yes.

The reception toward Mitt Romney's running mate improved but remained tepid even when he used his mother Betty Ryan Douglas, who was sitting in the front row with her older son Tobin, as an example of his commitment to protecting the entitlement program for seniors in or near retirement.

"I'm very proud of my mom, and I'm happy she is having a great retirement, Medicare is a big part of her security," Ryan said of his 78-year-old mother and retiree who lives part-time in Florida.

"Medicare is a promise, and we will honor it. A Romney-Ryan administration will protect and strengthen Medicare, for my mom's generation, for my generation, and for my kids and yours.," he added.

I hope she consoled him after he got booed. Maybe they went for ice cream after.

Ayn Rand is spinning in her grave.

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was booed by the audience while pledging to repeal Obamacare at AARP's annual conference Friday in New Orleans.

"The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal Obamacare, because it represents the worst of both worlds: It weakens Medicare for today's seniors and puts it at risk for the next generation," said Ryan, drawing boos from the audience.

Speaking about the cut in the rate of growth for future Medicare spending, Ryan said, "The money wasn't walled off to stay in Medicare. Instead, the law turned Medicare into a piggy bank for Obamacare." That earned louder boos.

"You don't have to take my word for it, you don't have to take my word for it," Ryan pleaded.

I would have been disappointed if Ryan was not booed at AARP's convention. AARP is situated to make a fortune off of Obamacare. I would bet that every member of the board of governors was booing.

A good share of seniors forced out of Medicare advantage will be looking to AARP as the easiest alternative.

A good share of seniors forced out of Medicare advantage will be looking to AARP as the easiest alternative.

Those poor old folks.

Medicare Advantage enrollment projected to grow 11 percent
WASHINGTON | Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02pm EDT
(Reuters) - Enrollment in Medicare Advantage, the private insurance segment of the popular U.S. healthcare program for the elderly, is expected to grow 11 percent next year while premiums remain steady, government health officials said on Wednesday.

The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services estimated that 14.5 million people will enroll in Medicare Advantage plans in 2013, based on insurance industry expectations. That is up from 13.1 million people this year.

Look at all that forcing out.

He has a Harvard law degree and is POTUS!! Can you match that?

Amazing how all of the sudden the AARP is a left wing org. Funny how that always is the answer when someone disagrees with the tea party on anything-they are automatically branded marxists regardless of all else.

We've got another "Obama is saving the world, DC comics live" LOLberal here. :lmao:

Obama isn't a fucking super hero, guys. He's a moron at absolute best.

Jesus Christ.

Really?

Did he bring her today?

Yes.

my gawd you people are so hateful..so he brings his MOM with him, maybe she wanted to GO

Last edited:

There have been many but the attack on ObamaCare will prove to be the biggest miscalculation by the newGOPers. Ryan is an idiot. So is Mittens. So are the teabaggers.

There have been many but the attack on ObamaCare will prove to be the biggest miscalculation by the newGOPers. Ryan is an idiot. So is Mittens. So are the teabaggers.

In the long run, branding it "ObamaCare" will prove to be the biggest miscalculation. That, along with the unthinking lockstop opposition to it, will haunt them for a generation.

Forum List

Back