Ryan Booed Over Obamacare at AARP Conference

Sounds to me that they were booing Obamacare.

eh.. there's been plenty of evidence and posts on AARP's profits on Obamacare and a collusive screwing for the American public

A lying corporate love affair for Democrats...

Right, they want their freebies. Only most of them will kick the fucking bucket before anything changes to hurt their freebs so it's like taking Matlock from 6:60PM to 8:00PM.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What is it that you don't understand that these programs will bankrupt the country? It's not a maybe, if things don't change it's a sure thing. I know allot of people like myself that are approaching being foreced on to medicare and don't like it. I've paid into it from day one but I would give it up in a heart beat to keep the health care I have now, but he law does not give me that option. You think all people are greedy and think you are free to chose, well little boy you have much to learn.

You've got me completely wrong. These programs are a disaster. I'm not defending Ryan either though.

In 1964, Barry Goldwater said Social Security was actuarially unsound. He was right, but the people didn't want to hear it. Paul Ryan is right about Obamacare, but people don't want to hear it. Once the people get free stuff, they won't let it go no matter how much it costs them.

Barry Goldwater was wrong and so is Ryan.

Tax capital gains as income.

Eliminate the 100K cap on SS taxes.

Problem solved.

Good grief, man. That wouldn't even begin to solve the problem. The 2% (and less) return on your SS investment really sucks. It's even worse for people of color. I'm just amazed at how few people in America actually believe in liberty.

if you look at the numbers, it would solve a good chunk of the problem. i'd add to that raising the retirement age. at the time social security was instituted, the average person lived to, iirc, 62.

The AARP is a left wing organization. Not surprizing that Ryan would get boo'ed there. At least Romney and Ryan will go into the lion's den, obama only goes where he knows people adore him.

:lol:
lol

...too funny.

Is there really something that wrong with you? Even the person giving the speech said ...."..I thought there would be mixed reaction."
Boy is your head in the sand. Must be a teaparty member.

Sounds to me that they were booing Obamacare.

That's why i've never joined it. I know i could get some good discounts on stuff, but it's not worth it. They are part of Obama, they love Obamacare, and it's not surprising that he was booed. Means nothing!

Well, yes it could be if you would maybe take a class on statistics or even a higher math class than highschool algebra. Mr. "I am not a rightwinger" LOL

And if you dont retire soon, you wont either. They already spent your money dude. They are sorry for partyin' though. Vote it up in November.

Tax capital gains as income.

Eliminate the 100K cap on SS taxes.

Problem solved.

Thanks, Corky. The problem isn't solved you thunder dolt.

That's why i've never joined it. I know i could get some good discounts on stuff, but it's not worth it. They are part of Obama, they love Obamacare, and it's not surprising that he was booed. Means nothing!
It only means that the Republicans can FORGET ABOUT ever hoping to get the MILLIONS of AARPers who are currently reaping the benefits of ObamaCare with the "First-thing-we'll-do-is-repeal-ObamaCare" schtick.

BACK to the drawing board they go!!!

lol

It only means that the Republicans can FORGET ABOUT ever hoping to get the MILLIONS of AARPers who are currently reaping the benefits of ObamaCare with the "First-thing-we'll-do-is-repeal-ObamaCare" schtick.

BACK to the drawing board they go!!!

lol

it's not just romney/obamacare... it's the fact that ryan wants to give them vouchers for health insurance and good luck getting health insurance for $7,000 a year. ryan misjudged. he thought they'd be ok with destroying social security and medicare for their kids... but most people think about more than just themselves.

Right, they want their freebies. Only most of them will kick the fucking bucket before anything changes to hurt their freebs so it's like taking Matlock from 6:60PM to 8:00PM.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What is it that you don't understand that these programs will bankrupt the country? It's not a maybe, if things don't change it's a sure thing. I know allot of people like myself that are approaching being foreced on to medicare and don't like it. I've paid into it from day one but I would give it up in a heart beat to keep the health care I have now, but he law does not give me that option. You think all people are greedy and think you are free to chose, well little boy you have much to learn.

You've got me completely wrong. These programs are a disaster. I'm not defending Ryan either though.

Sorry, if indeed I got you wrong, but atleast Ryan is willing to tell the truth that the programs and our country are in trouble and some hard choices have to be made. As it is now these programs will go broke in my life time.

Sorry, if indeed I got you wrong, but atleast Ryan is willing to tell the truth that the programs and our country are in trouble and some hard choices have to be made. As it is now these programs will go broke in my life time.

you don't think intentionally cutting the national income flow has contributed to our circumstances?

you don't think cutting taxes during wartime for the first time in recorded history has contributed to our circumstances?

there has to be income and wise expenditure.... not evisceration of the programs and things that make life livable.

a nation's greatness can be judged by how it treats its poor, it's sick, it's old and it's weak.

They are really courting the elderly vote.
:D

Supposedly, the ones who are Mittens' base are the seniors.

These two are just stupid.

How utterly DUMB to go into an AARP meeting and lie like that. I suspect that Ryan thought seniors are dumber than his running mate. He's wrong.

Next, one of them will speak to disabled vets about the voucher system they want.

Then, on to Wal Mart employees to talk about doing away with minimum wage and how bad unions are.

They are really courting the elderly vote.
:D

Supposedly, the ones who are Mittens' base are the seniors.

These two are just stupid.

How utterly DUMB to go into an AARP meeting and lie like that. I suspect that Ryan thought seniors are dumber than his running mate. He's wrong.

Next, one of them will speak to disabled vets about the voucher system they want.

Then, on to Wal Mart employees to talk about doing away with minimum wage and how bad unions are.

AARP turned into a lobbyist for the left years ago...no surpise that they had the right people to boo. I dropped AARP years ago, they used to be for the seniors....then they became political.
fact

I quit the AARP over this issue and they could care less. They have a whole host of brain dead elders that are really the ones that think they are deserving just because they got old. Ryan is absolutely right but in the liberal world of up is down and down is up the AARP can go to hell.

Forum List

Back