Ryan Booed Over Obamacare at AARP Conference

:lol:

Paul Ryan Booed At AARP (VIDEO)

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was booed by the audience while pledging to repeal Obamacare at AARP's annual conference Friday in New Orleans.

"The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal Obamacare, because it represents the worst of both worlds: It weakens Medicare for today's seniors and puts it at risk for the next generation," said Ryan, drawing boos from the audience.

Speaking about the cut in the rate of growth for future Medicare spending, Ryan said, "The money wasn't walled off to stay in Medicare. Instead, the law turned Medicare into a piggy bank for Obamacare." That earned louder boos.

"You don't have to take my word for it, you don't have to take my word for it," Ryan pleaded.

Paul Ryan booed by seniors at AARP convention over Medicare plan - YouTube

There have been many but the attack on ObamaCare will prove to be the biggest miscalculation by the newGOPers. Ryan is an idiot. So is Mittens. So are the teabaggers.

I just hate it when Huggy's so wrong...wrong..wrong...

It shakes my faith in truth, justice and the American way...:lol:

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was booed by the audience while pledging to repeal Obamacare at AARP's annual conference Friday in New Orleans.

"The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal Obamacare, because it represents the worst of both worlds: It weakens Medicare for today's seniors and puts it at risk for the next generation," said Ryan, drawing boos from the audience.

Speaking about the cut in the rate of growth for future Medicare spending, Ryan said, "The money wasn't walled off to stay in Medicare. Instead, the law turned Medicare into a piggy bank for Obamacare." That earned louder boos.

"You don't have to take my word for it, you don't have to take my word for it," Ryan pleaded.

There have been many but the attack on ObamaCare will prove to be the biggest miscalculation by the newGOPers. Ryan is an idiot. So is Mittens. So are the teabaggers.

I"M SHAKEN! Lumpy ... you cut me to the bone! Has HUGGY EVAH steered you wrong?

I"M SHAKEN! Lumpy ... you cut me to the bone! Has HUGGY EVAH steered you wrong?

Well.. mmm... let me think..... ah... mmm.....lets see..... nope...:lol:

It's just that Obama really really sucks..... I need an alternate choice and Romney is at least a hope..

Last edited:

...vis a vis the Republican Party that has become so far right it is now focused entirely on the personal greed of its membership.

Last I checked, the Republicans are the ones claiming to want to save Medicare and Social Security for generations, while the AARP is all about them, right now, fuck the grandkids.

Yep past republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson is advertising reverse mortgages now.

Why is that a problem?

Don't you mean

Millions of middle class Americans face tax penalty as result of Obamacare - Atlanta Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Sounds to me that they were booing Obamacare.

no. they weren't.

because AARP is a democratic group... they supported Obamacare. Enough said ..

AARP is a "democratic group"? :lmao:

Seniors are heavily republican, Ryan's radical right wing policies to destroy medicare have been greeted with strong opposition before.
Ryan and other hard right wingers were boo'd at their own events many times when they bring up their fiscal plans to screw over seniors.

no. they weren't.

Seniors are heavily republican, Ryan's radical right wing policies to destroy medicare have been greeted with strong opposition before.
Ryan and other hard right wingers were boo'd at their own events many times when they bring up their fiscal plans to screw over seniors.

Dumb ass, some seniors are, the AARP is not. Christ you are stupid.

That was sweet.

:clap2:

Ryan got booed by a croud at the Ultra Liberal AARP???
Unbelievable!

Next you are going to tell me they serve pancakes at IHOP! I won't be able to take it.

I'm sure one of my ex-bosses, an Iraqi war vet, and stanch conservative..will be happy to learn that he should revoke his AARP membership because of their "liberal" stances that support Medicare and SSI.

no. they weren't.

It's true.

Except when it comes to Medicare and SSI.

Then they became flaming Liberals.

Ryan got booed by a croud at the Ultra Liberal AARP???
Unbelievable!

Next you are going to tell me they serve pancakes at IHOP! I won't be able to take it.

I'm sure one of my ex-bosses, an Iraqi war vet, and stanch conservative..will be happy to learn that he should revoke his AARP membership because of their "liberal" stances that support Medicare and SSI.

Oooh! You pulled out the "War Vet" card.

I'm a member of AMAC, I would never join the AARP, and I noticed you didn't mention their support of Obamacare.

Fact, the AARP ia a liberal organization, and your ex-boss needs to tear up his card and join AMAC.

I can't believe he's still dragging his mom around with him when he talks about Medicare, like some kind of political human shield.

Jesus Christ.

my gawd you people are so hateful..so he brings his MOM with him, maybe she wanted to GO

He's a pathetic candidate.

If he wants to take a sledgehammer to Medicare, so be it. But he can argue for it without hiding behind Mommy.
Paul. Ryan. Is. Scum.

It's not just Ryan anymore. Hiding behind Mommy and Daddy is becoming the only way Republicans can "defend" their Medicare schemes.

Election 2012: Republicans countering Democrats on Medicare tout parents in ads
As they pursue an advantage on the Medicare issue in the Nov. 6 elections, Republicans are turning to personal allies for help: Mom and Dad.
At least seven candidates for Congress, all Republicans, have aired TV ads on Medicare that include or call attention to an elderly parent, according to a Bloomberg review of ads from New York-based Kantar Medias CMAG, which tracks advertising.

The fact that its being done so much tells me the Republicans are worried about Medicare as an issue that could hurt them in the fall election, Geer said.

no. they weren't.

Yes, because everyone knows that only Republicans get old, right?

dumb ass.

Forum List

Back