Ryan Booed Over Obamacare at AARP Conference

I quit the AARP over this issue and they could care less. They have a whole host of brain dead elders that are really the ones that think they are deserving just because they got old. Ryan is absolutely right but in the liberal world of up is down and down is up the AARP can go to hell.

The young, the elderly, the poor.

How much of America are you willing to alienate?

I quit the AARP over this issue and they could care less. They have a whole host of brain dead elders that are really the ones that think they are deserving just because they got old. Ryan is absolutely right but in the liberal world of up is down and down is up the AARP can go to hell.

All those who want free shit. Young, old, stupid, LOLberal, special interest poor, rich, middle class, etc....are alienated by being told they aren't entitled to free shit. Welcome to reality.

that is laughable, that is exactly what Obama is doing. But stating the fact about the group that I now belong too is not dividing. What would you have us do, ignore their victimhood?

If that were the case, they'd fucking cheer, to stay in flow with what he's saying.

It wasn't nearly as clear as the booing of God during the vote at the DNC convention.

So, according to you, "god" is a pubpot?

This is surely one of the funniest things any of the froot loop rw's have posted.

Say what you want but we all heard the DNC booing God. Believe if you want or not. Accept God or not. But if not, you damn well pray you are right.

AARP stands to make tons of money off of Obamacare.

They know that it has what is described as "A Doughnut Hole" in it that they conveniently want to fill. That is why they were sneaking around quietly supporting Obamacare.

Which is why I wouldn't give them a bucket of piss much less my money. They constantly send me brochures and I just throw em in the circular-file.

Right, they want their freebies. Only most of them will kick the fucking bucket before anything changes to hurt their freebs so it's like taking Matlock from 6:60PM to 8:00PM.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Freebies? I paid something like $167,000 into SS I have nto gotten nearly that back out of it.

And if you dont retire soon, you wont either. They already spent your money dude. They are sorry for partyin' though. Vote it up in November.

both sides will re-elect many in congress who eagerly spent the SS surplus.
I am on SSDI but will not live long enough to draw out wnat I paid in. But that is fine for me it is an insurance policy kind of thing.

that is laughable, that is exactly what Obama is doing. But stating the fact about the group that I now belong too is not dividing. What would you have us do, ignore their victimhood?

You mean the poor little "they are givning my tax money to someone else" victims?

no. they weren't.

Well, if they were booing Ryan it wouldn't surprise me. The AARP is a left leaning organization bent on their own personal greed.

Actually people over 50 tend to lean right except when the right is out to hurt their SS or medicare.

And every person over 50 joins the AARP? The AARP has been a "liberal" leaning organization for a long time. They endorsed ObamaCare and lost over 60,000 members as a result.

AARP loses members over health care stance - USATODAY.com

They are a selfish organization that doesn't give a rat's ass about future generations.

Last edited:
You've got me completely wrong. These programs are a disaster. I'm not defending Ryan either though.

Sorry, if indeed I got you wrong, but atleast Ryan is willing to tell the truth that the programs and our country are in trouble and some hard choices have to be made. As it is now these programs will go broke in my life time.

you don't think intentionally cutting the national income flow has contributed to our circumstances?

you don't think cutting taxes during wartime for the first time in recorded history has contributed to our circumstances?

there has to be income and wise expenditure.... not evisceration of the programs and things that make life livable.

a nation's greatness can be judged by how it treats its poor, it's sick, it's old and it's weak.

Regardless of the tax rates, the IRS has on average collected about 16% of gdp so the proven way to increase income to the government coffers is to expand the economy. A free market is the only proven way to do that. Maobamas way of over regulation and demonizing success will only weaken the country and make our problems worse. If you truly want to fix things, government has to create a climate where business can flourish and create jobs. Service jobs traditionally pay lower wadges and fewer beiefits, when you have an economy that is 70% based on consumption, service jobs are the majority of the jobs created.

Both parties have kept taxes low so you can't blame just republicans on that one and I see no way to justify 53% of workers contributing to income tax and the other 47% paying none. That means I pay more income taxes than 47% of workers COMBINED.

As for the way we treat our poor, they have a higher standard of living than what is considered middle class in the majority of the world. My wife volunteers at an organization that provides food, clothing and household goods to the poor. Most of them have better cell phones and cars than I do so don't preach to me about the poor. Nobody should be made comfortable in poverty, it gives them no incentive to work their way out of it.

If medicare and social security are such great programs why aren't they voluntary, wouldn't everyone want to participate in a great program?

I know people that have dropped AARP because of who they are. I'm not worried about it....the only people that will belong to AARP are the people that love handouts. Conservatives that pay attention to what's going on will never give them their money. Anyone that has pride in themselves wouldn't.

:lol:

Paul Ryan Booed At AARP (VIDEO)

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was booed by the audience while pledging to repeal Obamacare at AARP's annual conference Friday in New Orleans.

"The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal Obamacare, because it represents the worst of both worlds: It weakens Medicare for today's seniors and puts it at risk for the next generation," said Ryan, drawing boos from the audience.

Speaking about the cut in the rate of growth for future Medicare spending, Ryan said, "The money wasn't walled off to stay in Medicare. Instead, the law turned Medicare into a piggy bank for Obamacare." That earned louder boos.

"You don't have to take my word for it, you don't have to take my word for it," Ryan pleaded.

Paul Ryan booed by seniors at AARP convention over Medicare plan - YouTube

The AARP stands to make up to 1 billion dollars!! off of Obamacare of course they love it:eusa_hand:

Why don't the Republicans just keep using the audience that Romney used for his 47% speech? Romney could lower the fees and both would profit.

AARP supported Obamacare because it does their dirty work for them by destroying Medicare Advantage. That allows them to sell more Medigap policies. So... when I turned 50 and they mailed me their invite, I stuffed all their paper back into their "postage guaranteed" envelope, wrote that I'd NEVER join their organization due to their support for Obamacare, and mailed it back. Assholes. They're a fucking insurance company. THAT's where they make the bulk of their money.

I gotta say though, the federal government could take notes. Those fuckers know who you are, how old you are, and where to find you. The Social Security administration can't even figure out if you're dead or not. :tongue:

Forum List

Back