RW militias amassing along Texasss border

Armed Right-Wing Militias Amassing Along Texas Border With State Lawmaker's Blessing | ThinkProgress

For much of the summer, right-wing militiamen have gathered near the Texas-Mexico border, many of them claiming that they are there as part of something called “Operation Secure Our Border.” They include members of a movement that President George W. Bush denounced as “vigilantes,” and they also include members of even more radical groups that promote wild conspiracy theories and that explicitly threaten violence against the government.

And now, they have the blessing of a sitting Texas lawmaker. After touring the Rio Grande Valley near the border, Republican state Rep. Doug Miller claimed that the militias “have a right to be there” and that they “are not currently a problem.” According to Miller, he was told that the militias “are on private property, helping ranchers and owners to keep illegals coming onto or through their property … and there haven’t been any problems.”

Miller is not the highest-ranking Texas official who has dismissed criticism of armed vigilantes patrolling the Texas border. Late last month, the 12 Democratic members of Texas’ congressional delegation penned a letter to Greg Abbott, the state’s attorney general and the Republican candidate to be Texas’ next governor. In it, the 12 lawmakers quote a militia leader who said that “You see an illegal. You point your gun dead at him, right between the eyes, and you say, ‘Get back across the border or you will be shot.’” They also ask Abbott to “denounce the actions of these militia groups and clarify the jurisdiction these militia groups have to patrol alongside local law enforcement and Border Patrol agents.”

A spokesperson for Abbott dismissed the letter as a “partisan political stunt.”

On his personal blog, Vanderboegh explained that one of the Three Percenter movement’s core beliefs is a willingness to offer violent resistance to the government:

We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders’ Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril.

To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.

Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

How many will end up arrested for murder?

my guess is none to very few.

So...why don't you have the time?

It's called busy season.
If I lived closer though, I would at least spend a weekend or two helping the cause.

This doesn't make any sense.

There is no 'cause.'

Unless your 'cause' is to violate the law and end up in Federal prison.

The "cause" is to make a stink every step of the way, and create as much havoc, and be a persistent pain in the ass to every politician, every illegal, every liberal, every fucking step of the way over the issue of illegal immigration.

I would be inclined to just go ahead and kick Texas out of the union, instead of waiting for them to succeed, but then, I don't know what would happen to my source of bullshit for my rose garden.

Texas has already succeeded as a fine place to live, but I think you may mean secede from the union.

Actually, I mean that Texas has not successfully seceded from the union, regrettably.

I own my own house, my girlfriend and her son live with me...

You own your own house? Since when?

Since I took care of my grandfather for three years while he passed away. My aunt helped a lot towards the end too, so when she loses her house, I'm going to let her live with us (my grandmother still lives here too).

Ohhhhh! Someone gave you a house! Now I understand! Good for you.

Forum List

Back