CDZ Runner slaps reporter on the butt, arrested for sexual battery.

I believe in people being held responsible for their actions..

But it should only be to the degree their action actually warrants.

Our entire justice system is predicated on the notion, and saddling a man for life with being registered as a sex offender -- sexual battery, no less -- over a simple little butt slap is down right fascist. That IS making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Lets see -- a group of men gang rape a women and beat her senseless while doing so. That is sexual battery A different guy gives a woman a little butt slap lasting less than a second and you want him to face charges of sexual battery.

It's a matter of degree here, folks. Are there ANY leftists here who understand that?

I don't think his life should be ruined, but I do think he should be punished for actions. Too bad he couldn't keep his hands to himself.
You want him labelled as a person who has engaged in sexual battery.

How does that NOT ruin his life?

How about we see what sentence he gets?
Any conviction for sexual battery comes with mandatory registration as a sex offender.

It amazes me that anybody could be this vindictive over a little butt slap.

It is all so WAY out of line with what actually happened.

You do if you're convicted of aggravated sexual battery in the State of Georgia.

Georgia Sexual Battery Laws

Unless I missed it, he is only being charged with sexual battery.

I believe in people being held responsible for their actions..

Our entire justice system is predicated on the notion, and saddling a man for life with being registered as a sex offender -- sexual battery, no less -- over a simple little butt slap is down right fascist. That IS making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Lets see -- a group of men gang rape a women and beat her senseless while doing so. That is sexual battery A different guy gives a woman a little butt slap lasting less than a second and you want him to face charges of sexual battery.

It's a matter of degree here, folks. Are there ANY leftists here who understand that?

I don't think his life should be ruined, but I do think he should be punished for actions. Too bad he couldn't keep his hands to himself.
He should have to pay a butt slapping ticket and undergo 3 hours of anti-butt slapping training.

I am cool with a fine and some community service.

OK the guy was dumb to do this, but why did the reporter decide to stand on the road 3 feet from the runners? I've seen reporters at marathons before and they are always several feet off to the side, she was nearly in their path. You have a bunch of excited male runners and a cute girl within arms reach. I'd say there was bad judgement on both sides.

The reporter said she was hurt. BULLSHIT. That young newscaster is playing this for all it's worth.

You want him labelled as a person who has engaged in sexual battery.

How does that NOT ruin his life?

How about we see what sentence he gets?
Any conviction for sexual battery comes with mandatory registration as a sex offender.

It amazes me that anybody could be this vindictive over a little butt slap.

It is all so WAY out of line with what actually happened.

You do if you're convicted of aggravated sexual battery in the State of Georgia.

Georgia Sexual Battery Laws

Unless I missed it, he is only being charged with sexual battery.

O.K., fair enough.

What if he appliers for a job and asks if he has ever been convicted for sexual battery, then?

Look at it this way: what do you think of when hearing the term sexual battery? Now look at the video to see what he actually did.
Be honest -- is that ACTUALLY what comes to mind when you hear the term sexual battery? If not, then why would you want the man to be labelled for life with it?

OK the guy was dumb to do this, but why did the reporter decide to stand on the road 3 feet from the runners? I've seen reporters at marathons before and they are always several feet off to the side, she was nearly in their path. You have a bunch of excited male runners and a cute girl within arms reach. I'd say there was bad judgement on both sides.

Why do you guys always wanna blame the victim? Why can't you understand that you can't just grab women like that? Even if tRump says it's ok.

What if he appliers for a job and asks if he has ever been convicted for sexual battery, then?
Dang, sounds like he should have familiarized himself with the law.
looks to me like he simply underestimated the nastiness of smug little social justice warriors who derive their own sense of self worth from their ability to ruin other people's lives over some really trivial shit.

looks to me like he simply underestimated the nastiness of smug little social justice warriors who derive their own sense of self worth from their ability to ruin other people's lives over some really trivial shit.
Then you need to put up the crack pipe, because the law is the law,which is why the sheriff's office acted on it.

Then you need to put up the crack pipe, because the law is the law,which is why the sheriff's office acted on it.
I do not smoke crack, but thanks for the personal attack here in the clean debate forum.

you should have somebody explain to you the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, some day.

you should have somebody explain to you the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, some day.
Why dont you explain it for us? The law seems to be written, in part , precisely to make unwanted and unsolicited slapping of a butt to be illegal. Like, word for word. So we await your lesson.

That's stupid.

Why is it so hard for men to keep their hands to themselves?

The runner intentionally laid hands on the reporter. This nonsense of blaming her because she was within reach is just bullshit. So the reason is because they were excited and she was cute??

Tell you what, I have a dog that absolutely LOVES steak. His favorite thing in the world. I make a really good steak. The other night I made a delicious thick cut ribeye. I was going to eat the steak while I watched tv. I forgot my drink in the kitchen. I put the plate, with the steak on it on the coffee table and walked to the kitchen and back. My dog didn't touch my steak. Why is it my dog has more self-control than this runner? Or a lot of men?

Dang, sounds like he should have familiarized himself with the law.

No. This asshole decided he could slap a woman's ass, without knowing her or asking her. He is lucky she didn't deck him.

Ok, for all the guys saying the reporter was wrong, think of this situation.

You are a reporter, standing on the edge of the road, or maybe even in the road a little. To get a good story.

A gay man, running in the marathon in pink shorts and sparkly shoes runs by and slaps you on the ass because he thought you were cute. How would you respond?

Ok, for all the guys saying the reporter was wrong, think of this situation.

You are a reporter, standing on the edge of the road, or maybe even in the road a little. To get a good story.

A gay man, running in the marathon in pink shorts and sparkly shoes runs by and slaps you on the ass because he thought you were cute. How would you respond?
In the end, it doesn't matter. The State will charge the offender.

Mixed emotions on this. He shouldn't have smacked her ass. She shouldn't have been standing in the road blocking them AND having him arrested is stupid. Drama queen needs attention I guess. Him? He needs to learn some manners. End of story. Not. She made sure it went as far as it could. Stupid.

The reporter said she was hurt. BULLSHIT. That young newscaster is playing this for all it's worth.

Wrong.

More blaming the victim.

The woman was subject to criminal battery.

Forum List

Back