CDZ 'Why do so many incompetent men become leaders?'

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
This is fascinating. Examples are mainstream today. Media and social media not only shows the incompetence, but they both show the reasons. The contorted apologetics. Excuses for incompetence acts abound.

“It’s a law of the universe that 87 percent of all people in all professions are incompetent.” John Gardner

Those we choose to "lead" us are a reflection of us as a whole.

So are those we choose to "entertain" us.

So I'd think there's a perfectly valid reason to be concerned right now.
Has it always been this way or is it just starting ?

I think it's always been this way, and that we're just allowing ourselves to decay as a culture.

Anyone who WANTS to be president, should be automatically disqualified.

This is fascinating. Examples are mainstream today. Media and social media not only shows the incompetence, but they both show the reasons. The contorted apologetics. Excuses for incompetence acts abound.

“It’s a law of the universe that 87 percent of all people in all professions are incompetent.” John Gardner

In Obama's case, affirmative action.

Leadership and management are two different things. Organizations often fail because of conflict between the recognized leaders and the legitimate manager. Especially when the leader is subordinate to the manager.

I think it's always been this way, and that we're just allowing ourselves to decay as a culture.
The signs of the times are revealing themselves more and more.

....very simple: humans are human = stupid/irrational/etc = hitler/Jim Jones/Amin/etc were all ''psychos''--but people [ humans ] ''loved/needed/wanted/etc what they preached
--so they vote for the psychos/etc

In other words, "democracy".

..you quote people ''in all professions'' --not leaders.....I would say, in my experience, about 20% are incompetent ...most know what they are doing--but make mistakes--as everyone does
...in war, the leaders make mistakes--they are human, and war is not something everyone does everyday---it's different ......are you sure you are not confusing incompetent with making mistakes?

....very simple: humans are human = stupid/irrational/etc = hitler/Jim Jones/Amin/etc were all ''psychos''--but people [ humans ] ''loved/needed/wanted/etc what they preached

Lost humans "definitely" do these things more often than not.

..I wouldn't call them lost, --just being human

Why not just cut to the chase and say that all people are incompetent to one degree or another?

If they don't have Jesus in their lives guiding them, then they are definitely lost.. Now one can downplay it all one wants or make excuses all one wants, but the truth is the truth, and it will never change.

If they don't have Jesus in their lives guiding them, then they are definitely lost.. Now one can downplay it all one wants or make excuses all one wants, but the truth is the truth, and it will never change.

..I don't have jesus guiding me

Forum List

Back