Romney's return to public life stokes speculation about potential 2016 run

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Romney's return to public life stokes speculation about potential 2016 run | Fox News

One possible exception, Bonjean argues, is Romney getting a Cabinet post should Republicans win the White House in 2016. “He’d be a prime candidate for Treasury secretary,” he said.

Top 2012 Romney advisers Kevin Madden, Eric Fehrnstrom and Stuart Stevens also have stayed mum, not responding earlier this week to requests for comment by FoxNews.com.

Surveys by the group pollingreport.com found Romney’s favorability among Americans has climbed steadily since his November 2012 loss to President Obama, with his February 14 rating at 47 percent.

He says no - but he is up to something.

Frankly, I'd vote for Jeb Bush before I'd vote for Romney.

"Prime candidate for Treasury Secretary?" On what basis.

Mitt ran his campaign in 2012 and lost. His 47% comment has almost 1/2 of the nation against him from the start. He has to repair that damage will converting enough of the other 53% to win. Perhaps he can do that, but I reckon not.

Romney was too nice. He also had the wrong message. He was talking about jobs without realizing that the 47% never wanted a job in the first place.

Romney's return to public life stokes speculation about potential 2016 run | Fox News

One possible exception, Bonjean argues, is Romney getting a Cabinet post should Republicans win the White House in 2016. “He’d be a prime candidate for Treasury secretary,” he said.

Top 2012 Romney advisers Kevin Madden, Eric Fehrnstrom and Stuart Stevens also have stayed mum, not responding earlier this week to requests for comment by FoxNews.com.

Surveys by the group pollingreport.com found Romney’s favorability among Americans has climbed steadily since his November 2012 loss to President Obama, with his February 14 rating at 47 percent.

lol...

Run, Mitt, Run!

ROMNEY/PALIN 16!

ROMNEY/CRUZ 16!

ROMNEY/HIS BANK ACCOUNT 16!

WTF?

Treasury Secretary?

7rUFSQN.jpg

Were Romney to be nominated in 2016, he would be the first losing nominee to get a second chance back to back since Adlai E. Stevenson III (1952, 1956), but the much better parallel would be to fellow Republican Thomas E. Dewey (1944, 1948), because Dewey got beat by two different guys (FDR, then Truman).

Just to think, it's been 60 years since something like that has happened.

Mitt ran his campaign in 2012 and lost. His 47% comment has almost 1/2 of the nation against him from the start. He has to repair that damage will converting enough of the other 53% to win. Perhaps he can do that, but I reckon not.

You know what, though?? IF he could take a stand, seriously. Take a stand. Have a platform and stand by it? He would have a much better shot than he did the first time through. I think he could easily win, starting from where he is now and then just not kissing far right wing ass.

Mitt Romney was a decent guy and a decent candidate, but not an outstanding candidate. He did garner the 2nd highest amount of votes for a Republican ever in our history, after Bush 2004.

Romney is not a "born" candidate and a natural like Bill Clinton or Barack Obama or Ronald Reagan.

Against Hillary, I think he would have absolutely no chance at all.

I think Romney was a terrible candidate. He was tone deaf, meaning he had no clue what life was like outside his comfort zone and could not relate to anyone in the 47% zone.

He was the worst candidate since Kerry who had the same problem.

He will go nowhere. Nobody gives a rat's ass what this clown thinks except for a small percentage of the electorate that isn't enough to get him elected.

Plus, he lied constantly during his campaign.

I think Romney was a terrible candidate. He was tone deaf, meaning he had no clue what life was like outside his comfort zone and could not relate to anyone in the 47% zone.

He was the worst candidate since Kerry who had the same problem.

He will go nowhere. Nobody gives a rat's ass what this clown thinks except for a small percentage of the electorate that isn't enough to get him elected.

Plus, he lied constantly during his campaign.

I don't think he was a terrible candidate, but indeed he did lie a lot during his campaign.

He ran a terrible campaign and you never really knew where he stood on anything because he was unwilling to make a commitment to any real policy. Was he a conservative or a moderate?

He was opportunistic with no real core. In other words, he was a major flip-flopper.

People like to know what they are getting in a candidate when they vote for them and who knew with Mitt?

Romney was too nice. He also had the wrong message. He was talking about jobs without realizing that the 47% never wanted a job in the first place.

That's right KD. 47% of Americans kick back and watch you and romney do all the work.

Of COURSE you would.

You will always take pride in making the wrong choice.

Jeb Bush Thinks He Knows What Common Core Critics Are Really Worried About

Mar. 25, 2014 6:30pm Fred Lucas

Bush’s staunch support for Common Core comes as many of the 45 states that adopted the K-12 math and English standards have either rejected them or are looking at making changes to implementation.

Jeb Bush Thinks He Knows What Common Core Critics Are Really Worried About | TheBlaze.com

Geeeez just what we need round two off a nut who wears magical underwear who thinks his god lives on the planet kolob

You know what, though?? IF he could take a stand, seriously. Take a stand. Have a platform and stand by it? He would have a much better shot than he did the first time through. I think he could easily win, starting from where he is now and then just not kissing far right wing ass.

Perhaps if he reached to the center while trampling the far right?

Forum List

Back