Romney Staggered by Good Jobs Report

Sorry Chedd, no.

Unemployment went UP...and your defense is that some people who dropped out of the statistics were now being counted again.

That is stupid.

They should never have stopped being counted kid...sorry.
I can't help it if you don't know how the numbers are calculated.

Nobody can name an Obama jobs program.

Obama is not doing anything but campaigning. His inactivity is the only positive in the economy.

Best thing for the economy at this time would be a win by Romney. If Obama wins the economy will take a massive hit because fear and gridlock will be a certainty.

facts don't matter much to you, do they?

They mean everything to me and since you have none you know where you can put your condescending attitude.

Stupidity deserves a condescending attitude.

•
32 straight months of private sector job growth

•
Largest one-year drop in unemployment rate since February 1995

•
Highest private sector employment since 2008

•
Best manufacturing job gains since the mid-1990s

•
Highest manufacturing output in four years

•
Consumer confidence at highest level in five years

•
Lowest foreclosure rate in five years

•
Home prices seeing strongest growth since late 2006

•
Household net worth at highest since 2008

•
Mortgage refinancings recently hit their highest levels since early 2009

•
GDP at an all-time high with 13 straight quarters of economic growth

•
Best auto industry job growth since 1997

•
Highest number of car sales since 2008

•
Motor vehicle and parts output hit highest levels ever in July

•
Business investment in equipment and software at highest level of all time

•
U.S. monthly exports are up 41%

•
Stock market at its highest point in more than four years

•
Retirement assets at highest levels ever

don't let the facts shake your paradigm.

I can't help it if you don't know how the numbers are calculated.

facts don't matter much to you, do they?

They mean everything to me and since you have none you know where you can put your condescending attitude.

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

Poor Chedd, still over compensating....

Personally I think those closest to you judged you correctly which is why you are bitter and alone.

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

Personally I think those closest to you judged you correctly which is why you are bitter and alone.

mmhmm. Let's pass by all the facts, and pretend you have a salient point.

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

•

You bypass all the actual facts and have no prospect of ever having a valid point.

However, to assist you, let's just remind the audience that the President himself contended that his would be a "one term proposition" under certain conditions.

:eusa_whistle:

You bypass all the actual facts and have no prospect of ever having a valid point.

However, to assist you, let's just remind the audience that the President himself contended that his would be a "one term proposition" under certain conditions.

of all the people who will be sad when Obama wins... I think you'll be the most pathetic.

of all the people who will be sad when Obama wins... I think you'll be the most pathetic.

of all the people who will be sad when Obama wins

Who will be happy if he wins?

I get it, the wording threw me for a bit. It's "good report about jobs", not a "good jobs" report. There are no good jobs in president Hussein's brave new green world. The truth of the matter is that people quit looking until after the election.

Thankfully, The ONE will not be winning.

The ONE term proposition will have at least been correct in THAT prediction.

And again, I won't give a fuck how sad that makes you.

I will taunt you mercilessly.

:clap2:

Perhaps you should read your own link.

UE1 is only people claiming benefits.
No it's not. The U1 is people unemployed 15+ weeks.

And you should read the link:
Who is counted as unemployed?
Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:

Contacting:
An employer directly or having a job interview
A public or private employment agency
Friends or relatives
A school or university employment center
Sending out resumes or filling out applications
Placing or answering advertisements
Checking union or professional registers
Some other means of active job search
Passive methods of job search do not have the potential to result in a job offer and therefore do not qualify as active job search methods. Examples of passive methods include attending a job training program or course, or merely reading about job openings that are posted in newspapers or on the Internet.

Workers expecting to be recalled from temporary layoff are counted as unemployed, whether or not they have engaged in a specific jobseeking activity. In all other cases, the individual must have been engaged in at least one active job search activity in the 4 weeks preceding the interview and be available for work (except for temporary illness).

The questions used in the interviews are carefully designed to elicit the most accurate picture of each person's labor force activities. Some of the major questions that determine employment status are: (The capitalized words are emphasized when read by the interviewers.)

Does anyone in this household have a business or a farm?
LAST WEEK, did you do ANY work for (either) pay (or profit)?
If the answer to question 1 is "yes" and the answer to question 2 is "no," the next question is:
LAST WEEK, did you do any unpaid work in the family business or farm?
For those who reply "no" to both questions 2 and 3, the next key questions used to determine employment status are:
LAST WEEK, (in addition to the business,) did you have a job, either full or part time? Include any job from which you were temporarily absent.
LAST WEEK, were you on layoff from a job?
What was the main reason you were absent from work LAST WEEK?
For those who respond "yes" to question 5 about being on layoff, the following questions are asked:
Has your employer given you a date to return to work?
and, if "no,"
Have you been given any indication that you will be recalled to work within the next 6 months?
If the responses to either question 7 or 8 indicate that the person expects to be recalled from layoff, he or she is counted as unemployed. For those who were reported as having no job or business from which they were absent or on layoff, the next question is:
Have you been doing anything to find work during the last 4 weeks?
For those who say "yes," the next question is:
What are all of the things you have done to find work during the last 4 weeks?
If an active method of looking for work, such as those listed at the beginning of this section, is mentioned, the following question is asked:
LAST WEEK, could you have started a job if one had been offered?
If there is no reason, except temporary illness, that the person could not take a job, he or she is considered to be not only looking but also available for work and is counted as unemployed.
Nothing about benefits. Not even asked.

And you didn't answer my question. I'll respond as civilly as you responded to me: Where did you get the dumb-ass idea that only people collecting benefits are counted?

As soon as you tell me where you get the idea that the 7.9% rate includes those who have gave up, or ran out of Benefits, Ill think about answering you.

It does include those who ran out of benefits...I just showed you. The survey doesn't ask about benefits, just job search. Further proof. Employment Situation shows not seasonally adjusted unemployed at 11,741,000 for the reference week ending October 13. Unemployment Insurance Claims shows for that same week 5,035,367 people collecting benefits in all programs.
So why the difference if only people collecting are counted? Where do you think the extra 6.5 million are coming from?
To put it even simpler, if you look at the Technical Note you see
People are classified as unemployed if they meet all of the following criteria: they had no employment during the reference week; they were available for work at that time; and they made specific efforts to find employment sometime during the 4-week period ending with the reference week. Persons laid off from a job and expecting recall need not be looking for work to be counted as unemployed. The unemployment data derived from the household survey in no way depend upon the eligibility for or receipt of unemployment insurance benefits.

As for gave up looking....why would you want to classify someone not trying to work as unemployed? What does that tell you objectively about the job market? Maybe they'd find a job if they looked, maybe they wouldn't...no way to tell. Unemployed tells us they couldn't find a job.

I'm still trying to find this "good job numbers report"...
All I see today are reports that the UE # went up a bit....
Don't really think that could what these Libs are referring to.

Friday's strong jobs report was a punch in the gut to the already reeling Romney campaign. With his disaster relief stunt exposed and media becoming less tolerant of his lying, Mitt Romney had to face the unavoidable conclusion the numbers presented, the economy is recovering without the help of his "business experience." For a guy with nothing else to sell, that pretty much destroyed his prospects for political success.

Although not enough to sway the dimmest of Romney supporters, the more intellectually able will see the surging employment of the current report and the upward revisions of prior reports for what they reveal of the President's leadership -- a sound policy and a steady hand. The Romney campaign can't tolerate that. It tells the voters they have no reason to vote for Romney.

Mitt Romney is out of his league. He's trying to compete in a contest where he's clearly outclassed by the competition. He doesn't have the moves or the experience to deal with it. Sure, he can bob and weave, duck and dive, but that's not enough when the other guy knows winning the match takes more than trash talk.

:lmao:

U.S. employers added 171,000 jobs in October, and hiring was stronger in August and September than first thought. The solid job growth showed that the economy is strengthening slowly but consistently.
The unemployment rate rose to 7.9 per cent from 7.8 per cent in September, mainly because more people began looking for work. The government uses a separate survey to calculate the unemployment rate, and it counts people without jobs as unemployed only if they're looking for one

Read more: U.S. unemployment rate ticks up to 7.9 per cent | CTV News

Damn those horrible, horrible facts!

Also to be considered is the shrinking public sector work force. The R's promise to shrink government and to lower the number of unemployed. As President Clinton noted that math doesn't work.

Soon all those MSW's and those with advance degrees in science and math, now working for the government at every level can look forward to working at Staples or going back to school to learn Chinese so they can get a good job overseas.

I'm still trying to find this "good job numbers report"...
All I see today are reports that the UE # went up a bit....
Don't really think that could what these Libs are referring to.

:lol: You need to change your view of the world.

Friday's strong jobs report was a punch in the gut to the already reeling Romney campaign. With his disaster relief stunt exposed and media becoming less tolerant of his lying, Mitt Romney had to face the unavoidable conclusion the numbers presented, the economy is recovering without the help of his "business experience." For a guy with nothing else to sell, that pretty much destroyed his prospects for political success.

Although not enough to sway the dimmest of Romney supporters, the more intellectually able will see the surging employment of the current report and the upward revisions of prior reports for what they reveal of the President's leadership -- a sound policy and a steady hand. The Romney campaign can't tolerate that. It tells the voters they have no reason to vote for Romney.

Mitt Romney is out of his league. He's trying to compete in a contest where he's clearly outclassed by the competition. He doesn't have the moves or the experience to deal with it. Sure, he can bob and weave, duck and dive, but that's not enough when the other guy knows winning the match takes more than trash talk.

:lmao:

This is way too funny....
4 years of steady unemployment numbers until recently were stuck at 8 %....

:lol:

July and August added new jobs? No, they filled positions vacated by returning college students. Just like you will see seasonal hiring going into the holidays.

Have any of you blind assed, empty-headed, low-forhead nose pickers on the left ever heard of seasonal hiring?

No?

Well every year at this time, businesses, especially stores, increase their staff for the holiday season. We have thanksgiving this month and after that is black friday, and shopping will increase all throughout the holiday season until after New Years. The those jobs will no longer be needed and many people will loose ther jobs.

Happens every year but you brian-dead retards think that obama isw a job creating machine. Takes a special kind of stupid to be a liberal.

Forum List

Back