Romney effect: Mormon/Latter-day Saints church in the spotlight

Is Harry Reid running for POTUS? No? I did not think so. Harry Reid is a Democrat... my kind of 'Mormon'! Ok?

In other words, you aren't really outraged at mormons. You just want to smear mormons to attack Romney.

And you think they are the ones that are untrustworthy... right
No one has smeared Mormons.

Why do you have a persecution complex? Guilty conscience?

BTW I love the accusation that we are secretive. We are so secretive that many of us spend years of our lives going door to door trying to teach people the things we are accused of hiding. It's totally amusing if you think about it.
Really?

Talk about how you each get a planet when you die.

Talk about how you think Jesus was in America.

Talk about the magic underwear.

Talk about why Blacks were persona non grata until 1978.

There is so much more.

Is Harry Reid running for POTUS? No? I did not think so. Harry Reid is a Democrat... my kind of 'Mormon'! Ok?

In other words, you aren't really outraged at mormons. You just want to smear mormons to attack Romney.

It's a new whisper campaign they've started. I was reading about it earlier tonight.

Giving out talking points as well in this anti Mormon whisper campaign. Unreal. There is no new low that these liberals won't go to.

Here's the link. At least they've been flushed out. This should actually have a thread of its own.

Obama Supporter Suggests Anti-Mormon Whisper Campaign

“I'm thinking that even though we don't LIKE campaigns to get nasty, we in the south (TN) come to EXPECT it,” a “team member” writes on the campaign Dashboard. The campaign removes the post after an inquiry.

Here's part of the article.

On Monday, a "team member" named Laurence De Palma, who lists his location as East Nashville, presented volunteers with some talking points to convince Southern Christian voters they shouldn't vote for a Mormon. The message was available under "Resources" and tagged "persuasion."

"I'm thinking that even though we don't LIKE campaigns to get nasty, we in the south (TN) come to EXPECT it," De Palma began. "What we also know is that we have a very 'rigid' view of Christianity, and apparently, Mormonism isn't anywhere in our views. This could easily win TN/SC/AL/GA, etc."

The post goes on to include brief, oversimplified summaries of Mormon doctrines, framed to clash with evangelical Christianity.

What's wrong with that?

People don't have a Constitutional right to free speech? They are informing their fellow citizens as to the belief system of the man they are being asked to vote for.

I've never really met a Mormon I didn't trust. I've met my share of Mormons and I've found that the majority of those I've met smile in your face but behind your back... watch out.

Mormons do not really befriend non-Mormons nor do they trust them. The only Mormons I've really gotten along with are called... Jack-Mormons.

True Mormons, I've discovered are to secretive with their hand-shakes and special underwear. Especially disturbing about Mormons is the subject... "curse of Cain", relating to black people and early Mormonism. Look it up people. It wasn't until a few years ago 1978, that Mormons were, (due to politically-correctness) forced to change their stance on blacks via the 1978 Revelation on Priesthood which supposedly changed things.

Wake up America!

Mormon in America: Latter-day Saints on 2012 election and significance of Romney campaign - Rock Center with Brian Williams

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints say that their faith has experienced increased attention and scrutiny as one of their most prominent members, Mitt Romney, prepares to accept the Republican presidential nomination.

"His candidacy has shed some light on our faith and I get more questions now about being a Latter-day Saint than I did before. So I think that's a great thing, that's a positive thing," said Al Jackson.

Seriously, dude?

That's some stupid shit right there.

One of these days, I hope the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is seen for what it is and what it teaches and not for the crap people try to make up about us.

I can understand why people might not believe. But why the need to make crap up? It was precisely that reason that made me think there was some truth to what the Church taught. Those who opposed it would just outright lie and misrepresent things. Some very obviously. And I asked myself, if your position is correct, why would you have to lie?

You mean golden plates, Jesus in America and all that jazz?

:clap2:

No one has smeared Mormons.

Why do you have a persecution complex? Guilty conscience?

You know, except the OP. Or any one else trying to lie about mormons to attack Romney. Pretty lame and hypocritical if you ask me, but hey to each his own.

BTW I love the accusation that we are secretive. We are so secretive that many of us spend years of our lives going door to door trying to teach people the things we are accused of hiding. It's totally amusing if you think about it.
Really?

Talk about how you each get a planet when you die.

Talk about how you think Jesus was in America.

Talk about the magic underwear.

Talk about why Blacks were persona non grata until 1978.

There is so much more.

1) Faithful believers recieve all the Father has. This concept is taught in the Bible. As the Father created countless world after world, it seems only logical that if we inherit everything, that planets would be included. But there is no specific mormon teaching saying that we recieve planets after we die. Nor is this secret as the Bible specifically teaches it. Just because you are ignorant of the Biblical teachings of what believers who are Joint Heirs of Christ recieve, doesnt mean someone is hiding it from you.

2) We talk about Jesus in America all the time. The First missionary lesson anyone is taught is about the First vision and the Book of Mormon.

3) Nothing magic about underwear. That's a pathetically sad attempt to paint us as odd by fearmongers.

4) Blacks were never persona non grata in the Church. In fact, one of the major reasons we were persecuted in Missouri was because we were opposed to slavery and thought blacks should be treated as human beings.

If there is so much more, chances are it's about as secretive as anything else you've posted, in other words, not secret at all.

What's wrong with that?

People don't have a Constitutional right to free speech? They are informing their fellow citizens as to the belief system of the man they are being asked to vote for.

What's wrong with smearing Mormons to attack Romney politically? You have no problem attacking mormons for political gains you think I have a persecution complex? lol.

I can understand why people might not believe. But why the need to make crap up? It was precisely that reason that made me think there was some truth to what the Church taught. Those who opposed it would just outright lie and misrepresent things. Some very obviously. And I asked myself, if your position is correct, why would you have to lie?

What's been made up? I've seen curiosity and speculation, but that's because Mormons are secretive. You know who else is secretive? Cults.

Mormons aren't secretive. Their religion just hasn't been in the spotlight like this and so no one knows what it's all about.

Last edited:
Romney and Listening have taught me all I ever want to know about Mormons! They are assholes that lie with impunity.

Ah yes,

Well, I am smart enough not to judge a whole group by one person. Hence, despite your ignorance and retarded statements, I still think highly of native Americans.

It's a new whisper campaign they've started. I was reading about it earlier tonight.

Giving out talking points as well in this anti Mormon whisper campaign. Unreal. There is no new low that these liberals won't go to.

Here's the link. At least they've been flushed out. This should actually have a thread of its own.

“I'm thinking that even though we don't LIKE campaigns to get nasty, we in the south (TN) come to EXPECT it,” a “team member” writes on the campaign Dashboard. The campaign removes the post after an inquiry.

Here's part of the article.

On Monday, a "team member" named Laurence De Palma, who lists his location as East Nashville, presented volunteers with some talking points to convince Southern Christian voters they shouldn't vote for a Mormon. The message was available under "Resources" and tagged "persuasion."

"I'm thinking that even though we don't LIKE campaigns to get nasty, we in the south (TN) come to EXPECT it," De Palma began. "What we also know is that we have a very 'rigid' view of Christianity, and apparently, Mormonism isn't anywhere in our views. This could easily win TN/SC/AL/GA, etc."

The post goes on to include brief, oversimplified summaries of Mormon doctrines, framed to clash with evangelical Christianity.

Actually, it's not a whisper campaign at all. The Evangelical christians in the GOP are a wary group indeed. They do not like Romney nor do they trust or support him at all. Not to mention the Southern Baptists.

Please provide proof they don't support him. Is the south going to Obama ? The last I checked, he wasn't going to spend a whole lot of time there.

Hey now !!!

My friend was telling me how a relative was kidnapped and held in the Salt Lake Temple until she jumped off the top into the Great Salt Lake and swam to safety.

I was ROTF....he had no idea why.

She must have had some strong legs...

Well, it made for a good story. He was a bit chagrined to find out how close the temple wasn't to the Great Salt Lake.

Of course he then started asking me about other things.

One thing he did enjoy hearing about was the welfare program. He asked a lot of questions and suggested that might be something other churches should consider.

I lived in Colorado for thirteen years. Living there, I had many Mormon friends, and I can honestly say they were all great people who tried to put family first. They would give the shirt off their back if they thought you needed it. That being said, they had the same problems as everyone else. Despite trying to put family first, I knew quite a few who had gone through divorce and who had financial problems, and who had kids who got into trouble with the law. Pretty much they were like everyone else. What I can't say is that any of them were really bad people. As for their religion, I don't buy into it, but I really don't see anything terribly wrong with it. Maybe it's all crap made up by Joseph Smith, and maybe not. The basic teachings are pretty much as would be throughout the rest of Christianity, although there are some distinctly differing beliefs, one being the fact they do not believe in the Trinity as God being all three.

When it comes to varying beliefs within Christianity, my question has always been does God really care if we are off just a slight bit but have a solid understanding of the basics? To me it seems that if God is just and all loving, he's not going to hold it against us if we missed one small point or forgot to don an "i" or cross a "t" along the way.

They are people. Thanks for pointing that out.

What is it about Mormons that upsets Kidsnot ? Or the fact that Romney is a mormon ?

There are several idiots on this board who say the right hates Obama because he's black. If Obama were a conservative....I'd be going door to door for him. His skin color means nothing....

Obamacare....means everything.

What's been made up? I've seen curiosity and speculation, but that's because Mormons are secretive. You know who else is secretive? Cults.

Mormons aren't secretive. Their religion just hasn't been in the spotlight like this and so no one knows what it's all about.

But, we have 50,000 to 60,000 people out trying to tell people at any given time. We are one of the most aggresive proselyting churches there is.

Hopefully, you've heard you should never attend a mormon "swim" party ! :lol:

Actually, it's not a whisper campaign at all. The Evangelical christians in the GOP are a wary group indeed. They do not like Romney nor do they trust or support him at all. Not to mention the Southern Baptists.

It cracks me up that fundamentalists of any stripe would accuse Mormons of being weird, being a cult, having weird beliefs etc...These people clearly do not own a mirror.

[Yawn]

So, you'll be working to get rid of Harry Ried ?

Harry Reid is a Mormon....just like Mitt Romney. Was this a dig at the Mormon Church or Mitt Romney.

The two faced nature of your sorry post is all to evident.

In James Talmage's book Jesus the Christ he said that church members are under covenant to keep the beatitudes.
I wonder if Sir Harry thought of that when he bore false witness against his neighbor.

I've never really met a Mormon I didn't trust. I've met my share of Mormons and I've found that the majority of those I've met smile in your face but behind your back... watch out.

Mormons do not really befriend non-Mormons nor do they trust them. The only Mormons I've really gotten along with are called... Jack-Mormons.

True Mormons, I've discovered are to secretive with their hand-shakes and special underwear. Especially disturbing about Mormons is the subject... "curse of Cain", relating to black people and early Mormonism. Look it up people. It wasn't until a few years ago 1978, that Mormons were, (due to politically-correctness) forced to change their stance on blacks via the 1978 Revelation on Priesthood which supposedly changed things.

Wake up America!

Mormon in America: Latter-day Saints on 2012 election and significance of Romney campaign - Rock Center with Brian Williams

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints say that their faith has experienced increased attention and scrutiny as one of their most prominent members, Mitt Romney, prepares to accept the Republican presidential nomination.

"His candidacy has shed some light on our faith and I get more questions now about being a Latter-day Saint than I did before. So I think that's a great thing, that's a positive thing," said Al Jackson.

My dog knows more about Sunday school than you know about Mormonism.

Forum List

Back