Romney breaks with GOP over minimum wage

Never mind he is republican, a very successful business man has come out to advocate for a raise in the minimum wage.

Republicans are shitting themselves.
Wait a second...now he's a very successful business man? I thought he was a greedy one percenter that took people's money?

The reason he lost is that much of the base didn't turn out for him, which was dumb, but he wasn't conservative by even North East standards.

I never said that about Romney. :cuckoo:

"More jobs and better pay" is a freaking cliche thrown out by thoughtless politicians. How in the world does an increase in min wage translate to more jobs? Common sense will tell you that a raise in min wage will lead to a decrease in low level jobs because small businesses can't afford it.
Exactly. And those businesses have to pass that cost on to consumers to stay afloat...or let people go also to remain in business. This is really a no-brainer.

My plan does. It reduces the most costly business expense (employee costs) to a maximum of taxes.

Which Government regulations 'burden' small business? I'm a business owner and I haven't seen any I didn't like.
My response was to your assertion: "Too whom? There isn't one thing that Republicans have put forward that would advance the middle class. NOTHING!"

You don't know much about business to make the universal claim that employee expense is the largest expense. You don't know that. It would be for some but not others.

You also haven't been paying attention to the business reaction to Obamacare. How many threads do we have on it? You may like it but for many it will greatly impact their business. How can you say employees are the largest concern then turn around and disregard that?

I don't think you're a business owner and I'm skeptical that you're even an adult.

oooooooooooo, he broke with the Gop so now he's to be ADMIRED

how two faced he and you on the left are

No Steph, we don't now admire or even like Romney...we just wonder who ya'll WILL listen to on the minimum wage issue.

I don't have to listen to anyone...I think for MYSELF

too bad more people don't stop listening to these people and instead THINK on their own

Last edited:
No Steph, we don't now admire or even like Romney...we just wonder who ya'll WILL listen to on the minimum wage issue.

I don't have to listen to anyone...I think for MYSELF

too bad more people don't stop listening to these people and instead THINK on their own

Oh really? So what do you "think" about raising the minimum wage and why? (I'll wait here while you run to Fox to get what you "think" right)

Hopefully, no one. The government has no business setting prices for the private sector. They can for federal installations but I just heard some commissaries are probably going to shut down the fast food sections due to the price hikes.

Hopefully, no one. The government has no business setting prices for the private sector. They can for federal installations but I just heard some commissaries are probably going to shut down the fast food sections due to the price hikes.

Where were you when Richard Nixon (R) froze prices in the early seventies?

Name the countries in the world with no minimum wage. Please cite the free market utopia that lives in your Ayn Rand fantasy life.

It's a smart political move. Talk about it. Promise it. Demagogue the living shit out of it. Right up to election day. Then pull an Obama. ...

I will close Gitmo
I will run the most transparent Admin in history
I will halt the rising seas
I will give voters 5 days to look at bills before I sign them
I will raise the minimum wage

Politics for dummies...

Ah, so you think Congress would block everything he tried to do too? Will the dems have a meeting during his inauguration like the GOP did, vowing to block any and all of his proposals?

the dems controlled congress for obama's first two years-----------and what did we get? the worst piece of legislation in US history---------obozocare.

Name the countries in the world with no minimum wage. Please cite the free market utopia that lives in your Ayn Rand fantasy life.

We need a minimum wage. But it should be a wage set for part time teens flipping burgers. No one spends their working life at a minimum wage job. If you can find someone doing that, he/she is either very lazy or very stupid.

It's a smart political move. Talk about it. Promise it. Demagogue the living shit out of it. Right up to election day. Then pull an Obama. ...

I will close Gitmo

Politics for dummies...

Ah, so you think Congress would block everything he tried to do too? Will the dems have a meeting during his inauguration like the GOP did, vowing to block any and all of his proposals?

the dems controlled congress for obama's first two years-----------and what did we get? the worst piece of legislation in US history---------obozocare.

:eusa_shhh:
they could of raised the minimum wage against the people's will then like they did, OscamCare...shows how much they really CARED about it
but people still fall for their BS
As for Romney, he is a politician just like the elected idiots in the Democrat/Progressive/commie party

Last edited:

I will close Gitmo

Politics for dummies...

Why would they do that? Its standard operating procedures for the Dems to do exactly that.

I will close Gitmo

Politics for dummies...

Why would they do that? Its standard operating procedures for the Dems to do exactly that.

So you completely missed the sarcasm. No, Dems don't do that, the GOP did that.

Where were you when Richard Nixon (R) froze prices in the early seventies?
In the military.

Remembering Nixon's Wage and Price Controls | Cato Institute
There was no national emergency in the summer of ‘71: unemployment stood at 6 percent, inflation only a point higher than it is now. Yet, after Nixon’s announcement, the markets rallied, the press swooned, and, even though his speech pre-empted the popular Western Bonanza, the people loved it, too — 75 percent backed the plan in polls.

As Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman correctly predicted, however, Nixon’s gambit ended “in utter failure and the emergence into the open of the suppressed inflation.” The people would pay the price — but not until after he’d coasted to a landslide re-election in 1972 over Democratic Sen. George McGovern.

By the time Nixon reimposed a temporary freeze in June 1973, Daniel Yergin and Joseph Stanislaw explain in The Commanding Heights: The Battle for the World Economy, it was obvious that price controls didn’t work: “Ranchers stopped shipping their cattle to the market, farmers drowned their chickens, and consumers emptied the shelves of supermarkets.”

We need a minimum wage. But it should be a wage set for part time teens flipping burgers. No one spends their working life at a minimum wage job. If you can find someone doing that, he/she is either very lazy or very stupid.

88 Percent of Workers Who Would Benefit From a Higher Minimum Wage Are Older Than 20, One Third Are Over 40

I like the Aussie system...graduated minimum wage based on age. Cool huh?

So you completely missed the sarcasm. No, Dems don't do that, the GOP did that.

the dems didn't try to block everything that Bush tried to do????????:cuckoo:

get real, they all do it, and we sit on our asses and let them--------------kick every one of the bastards out in november.

88 Percent of Workers Who Would Benefit From a Higher Minimum Wage Are Older Than 20, One Third Are Over 40

that might have some merit. But I do not buy the statistics in your reference. Around here virtually no one makes minimum wage, even the part time fast food teens are making more than that.

Its a political talkiing point that people like you fall for.

that might have some merit. But I do not buy the statistics in your reference. Around here virtually no one makes minimum wage, even the part time fast food teens are making more than that.

Its a political talkiing point that people like you fall for.

Then counter them. Your "feelings" don't counter facts any more than they counter the Constitution.

Forum List

Back