Romney breaks with GOP over minimum wage

that might have some merit. But I do not buy the statistics in your reference. Around here virtually no one makes minimum wage, even the part time fast food teens are making more than that.

Its a political talkiing point that people like you fall for.

Then counter them. Your "feelings" don't counter facts any more than they counter the Constitution.

already did counter them. it helps if you read a post before responding to it.

But if $10.10 minimum wage would help the country, why not make it $50/hr or $100/hr.?

Just think of all the money that fast food workers would have to spend in the economy if they made $100/hr

A burger might cost $25 but so what, the workers would be making a "living wage". But oops, if everyone was making more, everything would cost more, and people could not afford to buy the stuff they need, and they would need more income, and, and, and.

if you take your foolish argement to its logical conclusion----------it falls apart, like all liberal ideas.

that might have some merit. But I do not buy the statistics in your reference. Around here virtually no one makes minimum wage, even the part time fast food teens are making more than that.

Then counter them. Your "feelings" don't counter facts any more than they counter the Constitution.

But if $10.10 minimum wage would help the country, why not make it $50/hr or $100/hr.?

Just think of all the money that fast food workers would have to spend in the economy if they made $100/hr

A burger might cost $25 but so what, the workers would be making a "living wage". But oops, if everyone was making more, everything would cost more, and people could not afford to buy the stuff they need, and they would need more income, and, and, and.

if you take your foolish argement to its logical conclusion----------it falls apart, like all liberal ideas.

If lowering taxes helps the economy, as you claim, why not lower all taxes to zero? Collect no taxes whatsoever. Is that taking your foolish argument to its logical conclusion, according to you, isn't it?

If lowering taxes helps the economy, as you claim, why not lower all taxes to zero? Collect no taxes whatsoever. Is that taking your foolish argument to its logical conclusion, according to you, isn't it?

:eusa_clap:

That is what is called a strawman, which is a logical fallacy not a logical argument.

If you want to argue against a $100/hr minimum wage, find someone who's arguing for it and argue with them.

Last edited:

You did not counter facts with facts you countered facts with "around here...". I'm sorry, those aren't facts, but personal experience. Do really think what holds true "round here" applies to the country as a whole?

That is what is called a strawman, which is a logical fallacy not a logical argument.

If you want to argue against a $100/hr minimum wage, find someone who's arguing for it and argue with them.

No, its economic reality. you libs keep saying that workers should get more money, one raise to the MW is not enough, it needs to keep going up---------so my strawman is valid.

as to your strawman on taxes. No one has ever said there should be zero taxes. The conservative position is that the govt is too big and too powerful and that if its size and power were reduced, taxes could be lowered.

It has also been proven that tax cuts stimulate the economy, it worked when Kennedy did it, when Bush did it, and when obama extended the bush tax rates.

You did not counter facts with facts you countered facts with "around here...". I'm sorry, those aren't facts, but personal experience. Do really think what holds true "round here" applies to the country as a whole?

New Orleans is not a booming city right now, we are doing OK and have mostly recovered from Katrina, but it is a fact that fast food joints are paying above minimum wage and stiil advertising for help. hotel maids are making more than minimum wage.

Do you think fast food workers and hotel maids in NY or SFO are making minimum wage?

They may be making MW in cornfield south dakota, but its also much cheaper to live there.

the minimum wage rhetoric is just that----------rhetoric.

New Orleans is not a booming city right now, we are doing OK and have mostly recovered from Katrina, but it is a fact that fast food joints are paying above minimum wage and stiil advertising for help. hotel maids are making more than minimum wage.

Do you think fast food workers and hotel maids in NY or SFO are making minimum wage?

They may be making MW in cornfield south dakota, but its also much cheaper to live there.

the minimum wage rhetoric is just that----------rhetoric.

And vote buying and not mentioning the consequences when they force employers to do it.

Salaries, benefits and payroll taxes.
My plan does. It reduces the most costly business expense (employee costs) to a maximum of taxes.

Which Government regulations 'burden' small business? I'm a business owner and I haven't seen any I didn't like.
My response was to your assertion: "Too whom? There isn't one thing that Republicans have put forward that would advance the middle class. NOTHING!"

You don't know much about business to make the universal claim that employee expense is the largest expense. You don't know that. It would be for some but not others.

You also haven't been paying attention to the business reaction to Obamacare. How many threads do we have on it? You may like it but for many it will greatly impact their business. How can you say employees are the largest concern then turn around and disregard that?

I don't think you're a business owner and I'm skeptical that you're even an adult.

1. Salaries, benefits and payroll taxes.

A low minimum wage that has failed to keep up with inflation or worker productivity creates a taxpayer subsidy to low-wage employers.

Raising the minimum wage would reduce the cost of social welfare programs, foster economic growth, and strengthen families - all virtues extolled by conservatives.

Forum List

Back