Roman Catholicism is an unscriptural cult

I lost nothing. I asked you to prove it and you can't so You lost this debate. Then you turned it around. I told you my proof. I never heard a tape no CNN interview no photos. Nothing nada.

You did lose this debate because it wasn't about the existence of God, it was about Catholics not being true Christians and them being cult based on the fact that they don't follow whats in the Bible. You turned it around so *YOU* lost.

The Bass is a bigot. He's intolerant of gays, women, and now Catholics. Wow, just wow. Oh, and whites.

The Bass would make an excellent extremist. Oh wait, he already does.

You know, I think that even though Charlie Bass is right, Catholicism IS a cult, I can't quite agree with the stupid way that he keeps referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Catholics developed out of the pagans that originally were living in Rome. The Romans went to Jerusalem, took over the city and sacked it, and also took a lot of ideas from the Jews and incorporated it into their own religion. Most notably, the 2 major holidays, Christmas and Easter are based on solstice observances (sunrise services anyone), as well as quite a few of their rituals have a basis in paganism.

No....catholics aren't "true" christians.

They do not follow the teachings of the scriptures, instead they make up things that have no basis in scriptures. No they are *NOT* Christians, they are what they are, Catholics.

So now you are saying those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior aren't Christians?

Again I ask, what is wrong with you?

Most of what they believe comes from the mouths of their choice "holy men" and not from the bible, which is the sole authorative basis for how Christians are supposed to live.

Roman Catholicism - Is It A Cult?

I'm wondering why you're obsessed with controlling what other people are or believe. If what people believe hurts no one else, who cares?

You probably think momonism is a "Cult", too... me? I think you're a repressed and angry freak. But whatever.

So now you are saying those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior aren't Christians?
The theology taught by the church has many nonscripitual and unbiblical teachings. Only the Catholics acceptance of the Trinity doctrine keeps the church from being considered a cult by the christian community..

The theology taught by the church has many nonscripitual and unbiblical teachings. Only the Catholics acceptance of the Trinity doctrine keeps the church from being considered a cult by the christian community..

But you and The Bass :doubt: haven't answered my question, so I'll ask it again.

If you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, aren't you a Christian?

Most of what they believe comes from the mouths of their choice "holy men" and not from the bible, which is the sole authorative basis for how Christians are supposed to live.

You may not realize it, but your religion has also been manipulated by men. I'm Greek orthodox. We translated the bible from Hebrew to Greek. At one time we were with the catholics but broke away because of their corruption and editng the bible. anyways, what we gave you was an edited bible. My point is, you are all worshiping a lie. All that fire and brimstone, anti gay, need to be baptized, must believe jesus is the savior or go to hell, all that? BS.

I just find it funny you evangelicals tell the catholics how it is when they gave it to you.

They told you you can enterpret the bible but now you take it literally.

So Mormans don't think Jesus is their Lord and Savior?

You would have to study Mormonism a little in order to understand the totally heretical teachings it embraces.

Such as, Jesus and Satan were brothers, celectual marriage, proxy baptism, God lives on a planet named Koleb, the Book of Mormom supercedes the Bible, etc.

No Christian Church or denomination accepts Mormons as fellow christians.

I have NO idea who CB is or what he thinks.

I was born into a Catholic family and went for awhile to a Catholic School. When I got married, my wife was a Baptist, and I eventually joined her church.

I attended Church for many years and even taught Sunday School. Also. I visited churches of many denominations.

I have read the Bible several times over.

So yes. I do know the intricate theological differences between the Catholic religion and main stream Christianity.

There is a big gap between Catholic doctrine and Biblical Christianity.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

What the heck did i miss?

first STORY you told was you were an ex catholic that married a Muslim woman and coverted to being a Muslim yourself?

NOW you married a Baptist woman?

SO WHAT'S THE TRUTH.....if you have an ounce of it in you?

care

If you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, aren't you a Christian?

Here is the difference:

In mainstream Christianity, a person accepts Jesus and is Baptised when they have an understanding of their actions.

In the Catholic Church, an infant is Baptised INTO the church. There is NO accepting of Jesus involved. So the person grows up and lived without ever accepting Jesus, but they think they are a christian.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

first STORY you told was you were an ex catholic that married a Muslim woman and coverted to being a Muslim yourself?

care
heh, he did in fact say, My wife is from the Middle East, speaks Arabic, and wears the Hijab. (scarf)

It's possible his wife is a middle eastern baptist or he's got more than one wife, I suppose.

:lol:

And you all look for flaws with each others religions when they are all flawed.

man lives in the sky, watches everything you do, carrying a list of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. You'll burn in hell if you don't believe, but he loves you. He's all knowing and powerful, but he can't handle money. He always needs a little more.

Who's buying this?

heh, he did in fact say, My wife is from the Middle East, speaks Arabic, and wears the Hijab. (scarf)

It's possible his wife is a middle eastern baptist or he's got more than one wife, I suppose.

:lol:

:rofl: well, now who woulda guessed it..? another fugazzi! :eek:

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

care
In posting I have talked about various times of my life. Hence the confusion.

In a nutshell: I was born into a nominal Catholic family. After High School I married a Baptist girl and joined the church. We were married for many years.
A little over 7 years ago I accepted Islam. My wife was still a dedicated christian, so the difference lead to a divorce.
A couple of years after becoming a Muslim. I met my current bride.

Sorry for the confussion :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back