Roman Catholicism is an unscriptural cult

Wow! You are on a roll today, aren't you? :cuckoo:

First it was "gay's" now it is "Catholic's"? What's next? Cats and dogs? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

First it was "gay's" now it is "Catholic's"? What's next? Cats and dogs? :eusa_whistle:

Let's get those cats and dogs! Let's break up those vet cults.

Actually, CB is correct.

Much of the Catholic doctrine is Not scriptual.

It is not just another Christian denomination, but is basically it's own religion.

Does not surpise me that you agree with him. Just as it does not surprise me that you have not opened my PM to you. Both your's and Charlie's mind think alike. Not a problem. Just remember when you make comments for or against something/anything .... there will be those of us that agree to disagree. It's the "human" way of thinking.

Roman Catholics and homosexuals are two birds from the ame flock with different coloured feathers- they both live lifestyles and do things that are blatantly contrary to the Word of God. No one can proclaim his/herself a Christian and live a lifestyle or follow traditions and make up rituals that are contrary to the Word of God. Catholics pray to men whom they nominate and make into "saints" though the Bible says not to do so. Its a form of idolatry. Catholics also have a imaginary entity/place called "purgatory". Once a person is dead, they're dead, the Bible speaks of no such place called purgatory. Catholics believe in the concept of papal infallability, which is outright heresy, the Bible makes no mention of such, its was made up by Catholics.

Does not surpise me that you agree with him. Just as it does not surprise me that you have not opened my PM to you. Both your's and Charlie's mind think alike. Not a problem. Just remember when you make comments for or against something/anything .... there will be those of us that agree to disagree. It's the "human" way of thinking.

Way to go, you're about the same as that sawed off nut named Shogun, you both love attacking the person and while never addressing the person's position.

Roman Catholics and homosexuals are two birds from the ame flock with different coloured feathers- they both live lifestyles and do things that are blatantly contrary to the Word of God. No one can proclaim his/herself a Christian and live a lifestyle or follow traditions and make up rituals that are contrary to the Word of God. Catholics pray to men whom they nominate and make into "saints" though the Bible says not to do so. Its a form of idolatry. Catholics also have a imaginary entity/place called "purgatory". Once a person is dead, they're dead, the Bible speaks of no such place called purgatory. Catholics believe in the concept of papal infallability, which is outright heresy, the Bible makes no mention of such, its was made up by Catholics.

Ahhhhh! Ok, now I got it! You are The Messiah, and have chosen this message board to spread your message. Carry on!

:doubt: :cuckoo: :doubt:

Most of what they believe comes from the mouths of their choice "holy men" and not from the bible, which is the sole authorative basis for how Christians are supposed to live.

Roman Catholicism - Is It A Cult?

There is no authorative basis for religion at all. The bible is a complilation of stories with a samtering of history. There is no proof of any of it. No matter what religion it is. One is just like the other.

The concept to my way of thinking is that I could say Alice in Wonderland was god and that is a book of her teachings.

The bible has some good teavhings but that is all it is a book.

I have NO idea who CB is or what he thinks.

I was born into a Catholic family and went for awhile to a Catholic School. When I got married, my wife was a Baptist, and I eventually joined her church.

I attended Church for many years and even taught Sunday School. Also. I visited churches of many denominations.

I have read the Bible several times over.

So yes. I do know the intricate theological differences between the Catholic religion and main stream Christianity.

There is a big gap between Catholic doctrine and Biblical Christianity.

Ahhhhh! Ok, now I got it! You are The Messiah, and have chosen this message board to spread your message. Carry on!

:doubt: :cuckoo: :doubt:

There something seriously wrong with your brain, can you not properly address what the Bass is saying or will you continue to try the Bass' posts?

There is no authorative basis for religion at all. The bible is a complilation of stories with a samtering of history. There is no proof of any of it. No matter what religion it is. One is just like the other.

The concept to my way of thinking is that I could say Alice in Wonderland was god and that is a book of her teachings.

The bible has some good teavhings but that is all it is a book.

The Bible is the basis of authority for those of us who call ourselves Christians, no way of getting around that. Following the teachings of men is forbidden.

Don't worry, Bass. When McCain is president he'll outlaw Catholicism and homosexuality. You should finally be safe.

:cuckoo:

I see "The Bass" (not to be confused with "The Boss") has changed his avatar. I was thinking it should be more like this ....

big-

... than the one he chose. Go figure! :cool:

Of course it isn't a cult. I can't get your link to open CB but I would like to read a defence of such an allegation.

As for the doctrinal differences you mention, so what? If you think Catholicism isn't real Christianity and you believe the Bible is the final word on Christianity then that's fine, you're entitlted to that view but it's probably more interesting to discuss those views rather than simply slag off Catholicism.

Sunni Man, your snide remark about Catholicism being different from "mainstream" Christianity is simply religious bigotry on your part. It's as bad as a Catholic accusing one of the many spinoffs of western Christianity (as opposed to the Orthodox church, the Maronite church, the Coptic church and other non-western branches) as being heretics.

This whole thread is flame bait.

Agreed. The whole thread is flamebait. Unless we want to discuss what is and is not a cult.

Sports teams can be considered a cult, so can the boy scouts, policemen and so on.

Cult isn't such a bad word and is always in the eye of the beholder.

Calling Catholicism a cult is silly.

Sunni Man, your snide remark about Catholicism being different from "mainstream" Christianity is simply religious bigotry on your part. It's as bad as a Catholic accusing one of the many spinoffs of western Christianity (as opposed to the Orthodox church, the Maronite church, the Coptic church and other non-western branches) as being heretics.
I didn't make any snide remark. I just stated that there is a big difference between what the Bible says and what the Catholics teach.

Saints, praying to Mary, confessions to Priests, Papal authority, purgatory, etc.,are just a few of the non Biblical teachings of the Catholic Church.

Main stream protestant Christianity is opposed to this form of theology and considers it heretical.

Roman Catholics and homosexuals are two birds from the ame flock with different coloured feathers- they both live lifestyles and do things that are blatantly contrary to the Word of God. No one can proclaim his/herself a Christian and live a lifestyle or follow traditions and make up rituals that are contrary to the Word of God.

You seem to have gone to the Church of The Poison Minds. I'm quite familiar with the lifestyles Christians are suppose to live, and I can see you are not a true Christian, no matter how much you would like us to believe it.

You're basing your accusations on scripture that somehow makes you think you and your religion is superior to all other religions, which in reality makes your religion different, but not superior.

Roman Catholics have a right to worship how they choose, just as you do. That's why we have freedom of religion in this country, so people like you can't demonize folks who don't believe exactly like you. A true Christian is nowhere near as judgemental as you are, and a lot more tolerant.

Forum List

Back