Roman Catholicism is an unscriptural cult

All of you questioning I believe is moot. You aren't about to do any of these things.:doubt:

Right. My whole point is that this discussion is silly and petty. No one really knows all the rules that one must follow. When to do what and how and for now long and how often? There are a great many "Christian” organizations and denominations - all with their own translations and/or interpretations - and their own emphasis on different parts of the religious texts. Some have more books and some have fewer books. Some have more rules and some have fewer rules. Debates and discussions and divisions have existed ever since different churches developed - since the book of Acts. I sure wish that those self-righteous who are so ready to tell others that they are wrong would lighten up and take care of their own houses before presuming that they can tell others that they are doing wrong.

Last edited:
there is NO co redeemer status in Mary...Christ brings Salvation, not Mary...mary as with calling on Moses or Abraham to pray for us or even your brother to pray for me or you to pray for me....it does not bring salvation, never did....

The Prayer to Mary is the "Hail Mary" and it is STRICTLY out of the Gospel describing Elizabeth's reaction to seeing Mary while she and mary both were with child, Mary with Jesus and Elizabeth with John the Baptist....

Papal authority comes from Peter being the ROCK....in the Bible but no one swears to infallibility of the Pope...they have had plenty of rotten popes....

infant baptism began as tradition but does not contradict the Bible,

Purgatory has not been spoken much about since Vatican II, but it also came from the Bible Scripture where it is spoken 'of us being purified with Fire',

confession to Priests is confession, which is Biblically sound, they choose to do such before a Priest, other congregations may choose to have the sinner openly confess before the Church congregation, others expect confession to be done face to face with the one you sinned against, regardless, confession and repentence of such is most certainly Biblical....

Priests not getting married comes from some of Paul's teachings, but i don't see it as a necessity as the Catholic Church has held to....

Tradition is part of every Christian church out there and I would imagine as part of every formed religion out there...that a Cult, does not make.

Care
I commend you Care4all, in that you are well versed in your churches doctrine. Most Catholics that I have meet know very little about Catholic doctrine or what it means.

The Bible speaks only of immersion in water, not sprinkle, sprinkle like the unholy Catholics do. Its non-scriptural, find one verse in the Bible where it says baptism by sprinkling is an alternative to immersion in water.
it DOES NOT SAY unless ye is reborn by being IMMERSED in water as baptism ye are not saved...for goodness sakes...

these trite technicalities that are taught by some of the different churches divide and conquer Christians...me thinks the Devil is at work.... :(

Catholics believe by faith, Baptism at birth is being reborn of water and the Spirit, through the Father, Son and Holy Ghost....

Confirmation at 12/13, is reconfirming that belief...

so what if other's believe differently on such? thus the hundreds of different Christian denominations....

like i said, the devil is at work to divide and conquer...imo.

care

there is NO co redeemer status in Mary...Christ brings Salvation, not Mary...mary as with calling on Moses or Abraham to pray for us or even your brother to pray for me or you to pray for me....it does not bring salvation, never did....

The Prayer to Mary is the "Hail Mary" and it is STRICTLY out of the Gospel describing Elizabeth's reaction to seeing Mary while she and mary both were with child, Mary with Jesus and Elizabeth with John the Baptist....

Praying to Mary to pray for oneself is outright idolatry, it isn't found in the bible and all prayers were/are made to God, in Jesus name. Jesus said whatsoever one asks in His name shall be granted so whats the point of asking mary and a bunch of deadmen "patron" saints to pray for someone?

Papal authority comes from Peter being the ROCK....in the Bible but no one swears to infallibility of the Pope...they have had plenty of rotten popes....

Peter wasn't given any title called "pope" it isn't found in the Bible. because peter confessed that Jesus was the Son of God he became rock on whom the church was built, but a pope or church leader. There was no organized body of people in the bible who recognized the authority of one centralized figure, all of the church congregations where independent congregations.

infant baptism began as tradition but does not contradict the Bible,

Infant baptism is non-scriptural and not in the bible and is a contradiction because one must believe before he/she is baptized, babies have no capacity to accept Christ or not.

Purgatory has not been spoken much about since Vatican II, but it also came from the Bible Scripture where it is spoken 'of us being purified with Fire',

The bible speaks of no place called purgatory, one you die thats it.

confession to Priests is confession, which is Biblically sound, they choose to do such before a Priest, other congregations may choose to have the sinner openly confess before the Church congregation, others expect confession to be done face to face with the one you sinned against, regardless, confession and repentence of such is most certainly Biblical....

Confession to priests is non-scriptural, there is only One to whom we must confess our sins, God, not some man in a booth.

it DOES NOT SAY unless ye is reborn by being IMMERSED in water as baptism ye are not saved...for goodness sakes...

these trite technicalities that are taught by some of the different churches divide and conquer Christians...me thinks the Devil is at work.... :(

Catholics believe by faith, Baptism at birth is being reborn of water and the Spirit, through the Father, Son and Holy Ghost....

Confirmation at 12/13, is reconfirming that belief...

so what if other's believe differently on such? thus the hundreds of different Christian denominations....

like i said, the devil is at work to divide and conquer...imo.

care

Dude, John the Baptist baptized people in the river Jordan and Phillip baptized the Ethiopian eunuch when they came near a body of water, there was no sprinkle sprinkle of water. Jesus went down into the water with John and came up out of the water, the same with the Ethiopian eunuch.

:eusa_angel:
Right. My whole point is that this discussion is silly and petty. No one really knows all the rules that one must follow. When to do what and how and for now long and how often? There are a great many "Christian” organizations and denominations - all with their own translations and/or interpretations - and their own emphasis on different parts of the religious texts. Some have more books and some have fewer books. Some have more rules and some have fewer rules. Debates and discussions and divisions have existed ever since different churches developed - since the book of Acts. I sure wish that those self-righteous who are so ready to tell others that they are wrong would lighten up and take care of their own houses before presuming that they can tell others that they are doing wrong.
A big part of what you just said is what lead me to Islam. :eusa_angel:

Nope, asking someone to pray for you isn't idolatry as much as you wish it so.

Asking a dead person to pray for you is idolatry, no where in the Bible does it say to pray to dead people so that they can pray to God for you.

Asking a dead person to pray for you is idolatry, no where in the Bible does it say to pray to dead people so that they can pray to God for you.
Nope, believing someone is a God is idolatry, asking someone that is dead that you believe is in heaven isn't.

so you DO NOT BELIEVE that Moses and Abraham and Mary and Elijah etc are alive, and in Heaven? you believe they are DEAD....and not living with the Father, in one of his many houses?

ye of little Faith.... ;)

Care

so you DO NOT BELIEVE that Moses and Abraham and Mary and Elijah etc are alive, and in Heaven? you believe they are DEAD....and not living with the Father, in one of his many houses?

ye of little Faith.... ;)

Care

Find one scripture in the bible where its says to pray to Mary, Moses, Elijah and Abraham.

Dude, John the Baptist baptized people in the river Jordan and Phillip baptized the Ethiopian eunuch when they came near a body of water, there was no sprinkle sprinkle of water. Jesus went down into the water with John and came up out of the water, the same with the Ethiopian eunuch.

DUDETTE,:) not Dude fyi....

I think that it DOES NOT MATTER, if it did matter, the Bible would have told us such....and it does not state immersed in water, PERIOD.

Tradition at the time and in the regions that you speak, HAD A RIVER....to immerse in...this IS NOT the case with many regions...., it is wonderful the Baptists like to baptize with immersion, to follow TRADITION, but it does not state in the Bible that you must be reborn thru immersion in water...end of story....charles.

care

DUDETTE,:) not Dude fyi....

I think that it DOES NOT MATTER, if it did matter, the Bible would have told us such....and it does not state immersed in water, PERIOD.

Tradition at the time and in the regions that you speak, HAD A RIVER....to immerse in...this IS NOT the case with many regions...., it is wonderful the Baptists like to baptize with immersion, to follow TRADITION, but it does not state in the Bible that you must be reborn thru immersion in water...end of story....charles.

care

The examples in the bible mention immersion in water, to follow any other example is to follow the tradition of men.

Most of what they believe comes from the mouths of their choice "holy men" and not from the bible, which is the sole authorative basis for how Christians are supposed to live.

Roman Catholicism - Is It A Cult?

The Catholic Church compiled the Bible. So unless you've got a new source of scripture according to you're own argument you follow a cult.

The Bible is the basis of authority for those of us who call ourselves Christians, no way of getting around that. Following the teachings of men is forbidden.

Silly me.. I always thought God was the basis. Thank you for correcting me.

The Catholic Church compiled the Bible. So unless you've got a new source of scripture according to you're own argument you follow a cult.

Actually, the bass has an Ethiopian Bible which also contains the Book of Enoch which was quoted by Jude but included in the scriptures by Catholics and no, the Bass doesn't follow a cult. How fitting that the Catholics compiled the scriptures allegedly but follows very little of what is in the scriptures and make up their own rules.

Forum List

Back