Roman Catholicism is an unscriptural cult

Here is the difference:

In mainstream Christianity, a person accepts Jesus and is Baptised when they have an understanding of their actions.

In the Catholic Church, an infant is Baptised INTO the church. There is NO accepting of Jesus involved. So the person grows up and lived without ever accepting Jesus, but they think they are a christian.
you are baptised, In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost in the Catholic Church....you are not Baptised in to the Church...as you stated...it takes a couple of other sacraments to make one a full fledged Catholic, like Confession, Holy Communion, and Confirmation...which is at the age of around 13 and is an acceptance of Jesus Christ as the Son of God and Savior....similar to the water Baptism of Baptists at around that age....

Water baptism is done at birth, accepting Christ as Savior or in Spirit and Faith is done at around 13, through confirmation....

unless ye is born again of water and the Spirit...is what he told Nicodemus I believe....

The Catholic tradition does NOT conflict with the Bible in this manner....

care

heh, he did in fact say, My wife is from the Middle East, speaks Arabic, and wears the Hijab. (scarf)

It's possible his wife is a middle eastern baptist or he's got more than one wife, I suppose.

:lol:

Yep... he said his wife was from the middle east and speaks arabic and wears a hajib.

It's like I opined... he isn't what he says he is, but he'll make vile statements he THINKS a Muslim would make to make them look bad. Here's the post...

My wife is from the Middle East, speaks Arabic, and wears the Hijab. (scarf)

Any questions on Islam or the Quran are welcome

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/56750-hello-from-sunni-man.html

you are baptised, In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost in the Catholic Church....you are not Baptised in to the Church...as you stated...it takes a couple of other sacraments to make one a full fledged Catholic, like Confession, Holy Communion, and Confirmation...which is at the age of around 13 and is an acceptance of Jesus Christ as the Son of God and Savior....similar to the water Baptism of Baptists at around that age....

Water baptism is done at birth, accepting Christ as Savior or in Spirit and Faith is done at around 13, through confirmation....

unless ye is born again of water and the Spirit...is what he told Nicodemus I believe....

care
Yes it does, in that in the Bible people were Baptised immediatly after verbally accepting Christ. Accepetence, then Baptism

In the Catholic tradition, the infant is unknowingly Baptised, Then 13 years later makes the verbal committment.

The Catholic process of salvation is NOT found in the Bible.

care

Praying to and venerating humans as saints is idolatry, in no place in the scriptures does it say to do that. That is un-Christian and non-scriptural, but 100% Catholic. The Bible says nothing about electing people as popes and with them being endowed with "papal infallibility", that is un-Christian and non-scriptural but 100% Catholic.

Baptizing babies is useless, they are *NOT* at an age when they can say that they believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, only those who believe *AND* are baptized will be saved. The Bible says nothing about baptizing babies and confirmation at age 13, that is un-Christian and non-scriptural, but 100% Catholic.

Calling men "Father" in the religious sense is un-Christian and non-scriptural, but 100% Catholic. Jesus even forbade his disciples from calling men "Father" on earth. Only God is to be called Father.

All of these things mentioned are *NOT* in the Bible and are all non-scriptural therefore un-Christian, believeing and being baptizing isn't the only thing that makes on a Christian , following the Word makes on a Christian.

Yes it does, in that in the Bible people were Baptised immediatly after verbally accepting Christ. Accepetence, then Baptism

In the Catholic tradition, the infant is unknowingly Baptised, Then 13 years later makes the verbal committment.

The Catholic process of salvation is NOT found in the Bible.

it does not state such in the Bible...the Bible lists WATER Baptism first, acceptance of the Spirit/Faith is second...AND it does not ever say that one MUST COME before the other NOR does the Bible state it must be done at the same time....

and you say you've read the Bible several times, huh?

okkkkkkkkkkkkk....whatever floats your boat Sunni man....:cool:

care

The theology taught by the church has many nonscripitual and unbiblical teachings. Only the Catholics acceptance of the Trinity doctrine keeps the church from being considered a cult by the christian community..

LIKE? since you are so knowledgable on this subject, HOW ABOUT LISTING SOME of the nonscriptural and unbiblical teachings....

i have no doubt there are some, but you said many....so back up what you said, please. :)

Care

Last edited:
Actually, CB is correct.

Much of the Catholic doctrine is Not scriptual.

It is not just another Christian denomination, but is basically it's own religion.

Here is a list of Christian denominations:

List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh great expert. Please advise us. Which ones are right? Which ones are wrong? Which ones are going to hell?

I'm sorry but threads like this make me sick. It is just a bunch of insecure we-vs.-them divisive rhetoric. Oh thank you for this unrequited information and criticism kind sir. I'll be sure to go to the Catholic Church and rescue this poor misguided people. I mean gee. Why don't you keep your criticisms to yourself? I'm sure that if a Catholic is concerned about his salvation, he will certainly come to you for advice.

Pathetic

it does not state such in the Bible...the Bible lists WATER Baptism first, acceptance of the Spirit/Faith is second...AND it does not ever say that one MUST COME before the other NOR does the Bible state it must be done at the same time....

and you say you've read the Bible several times, huh?

okkkkkkkkkkkkk....whatever floats your boat Sunni man....:cool:

care
It doesn't need to state it. When even by you own admission, the Bible lists Baptism first and acceptence second. Every time!!

Did you ever stop to think why they are listed that way?

Also, the Baptism happened "immediatly" after acceptence of Christ.

There was No waiting period or classes taught to the new convert before baptism.

LIKE? since you are so knowledgable on this subject, HOW ABOUT LISTING SOME of the nonscriptural and unbiblical teachings....

i have no doubt there are some, but you said many....so back up what you said, please. :)

Care
Praying to Mary, infant baptism, Papal authority, co-redemmer status of Mary, the Assumption of Mary, purgatory, confession to Priests, celebacy of priests, Papal infalibility, to name a few.

None of those listed are found in the Bible. But yet, they are taught as Christian doctrine based on the Bible by the Catholic Church.

Praying to Mary, infant baptism, Papal authority, co-redemmer status of Mary, the Assumption of Mary, purgatory, confession to Priests, celebacy of priests, Papal infalibility, to name a few.

None of those listed are found in the Bible. But yet, they are taught as Christian doctrine based on the Bible by the Catholic Church.

Is communion to be taken literally or figuratively? Does bread really become the body of Christ? What about baptism? If one is afraid of water, will a sprinkle over the head suffice? Will the subject risk eternal hell if he fails to get submerged in a pool? Are demons still around? If so can our bad behavior be excused if we say that "the devil made me do it"?

It doesn't need to state it. When even by you own admission, the Bible lists Baptism first and acceptence second. Every time!!

Did you ever stop to think why they are listed that way?

Also, the Baptism happened "immediatly" after acceptence of Christ.

There was No waiting period or classes taught to the new convert before baptism.

the Bible was not readily available to anyone in the early church, tradition along with what they knew as scripture but certainly not the entire Bible....and all of its books for near 300 of the early years....if not hundreds of years more....

They did have the Apostle's Creed, which is what they all were taught...and they memorized it....from what i have read, to combat gnosticism and other churches that were thought of as Christian cults forming at that time....

1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
5. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again.
6. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
7. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
9. the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints,
10. the forgiveness of sins,
11. the resurrection of the body,
12. and the life everlasting.
Amen.

regardless, THERE IS NO RULE that states such in the Bible as you CLAIMED, that they must be done at the same time....there is some "tradition" of such that you are trying to hang your hat on, BUT if you do such sunni man, then you do it on the same grounds as the Catholic Church, tradition....

Last edited:
it does not state such in the Bible...the Bible lists WATER Baptism first, acceptance of the Spirit/Faith is second...

care

This is lies and total nonsense:

Mark 16:16

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

One must first belive and then be baptized. If one doesn't believe first, how else would he be baptized? Your logic is like Shogun's logic, it doesn't make any sense.

Actually, the Catholics call all other Christians "seperated brethren" and believe they are going to Hell if they don't accept and become members of the Catholic Church.

Fine. They can think what they want. I have not seen them calling for me to join and repent to the extent that I have seen Protestants rant and rave about how Catholicism is practically the devil religion. As one insightful man once said, “Can’t we all just get along?”

This is lies and total nonsense:

Mark 16:16

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

One must first belive and then be baptized. If one doesn't believe first, how else would he be baptized? Your logic is like Shogun's logic, it doesn't make any sense.

Okay. I think that I got it. First I have to believe. Then I have to be baptized. Does my head have to go under the water? What if I fail to get baptized? I don't like pools.

Okay. I think that I got it. First I have to believe. Then I have to be baptized. Does my head have to go under the water? What if I fail to get baptized? I don't like pools.

The Bible speaks only of immersion in water, not sprinkle, sprinkle like the unholy Catholics do. Its non-scriptural, find one verse in the Bible where it says baptism by sprinkling is an alternative to immersion in water.

there is NO co redeemer status in Mary...Christ brings Salvation, not Mary...mary as with calling on Moses or Abraham to pray for us or even your brother to pray for me or you to pray for me....it does not bring salvation, never did....

The Prayer to Mary is the "Hail Mary" and it is STRICTLY out of the Gospel describing Elizabeth's reaction to seeing Mary while she and mary both were with child, Mary with Jesus and Elizabeth with John the Baptist....

Papal authority comes from Peter being the ROCK....in the Bible but no one swears to infallibility of the Pope...they have had plenty of rotten popes....

infant baptism began as tradition but does not contradict the Bible,

Purgatory has not been spoken much about since Vatican II, but it also came from the Bible Scripture where it is spoken 'of us being purified with Fire',

confession to Priests is confession, which is Biblically sound, they choose to do such before a Priest, other congregations may choose to have the sinner openly confess before the Church congregation, others expect confession to be done face to face with the one you sinned against, regardless, confession and repentence of such is most certainly Biblical....

Priests not getting married comes from some of Paul's teachings, but i don't see it as a necessity as the Catholic Church has held to....

Tradition is part of every Christian church out there and I would imagine as part of every formed religion out there...that a Cult, does not make.

Care

Forum List

Back