Rich men north of Richmond

Who does not vote for their economic interests fool?
White Working Class Republicans, obviously... Because they are dumb.

Everyone does, assuming they actually understand what they are voting for, which arguably they don't.

Yes, Working Class whites do not seem to understand that de-regulation, union busting and tax breaks for the rich actually hurt them. But they keep voting for it because that lady who wants to use the restroom has a dick.. maybe.

But to single out white conservative men as some sort of Freudian, racist freak show for doing so is beyond sick and racist.

You people are demented.

Um, yes, I single them out because they don't get that they really are in the same boat as the Hispanic woman who works in the next cubicle or on the other end of the assembly line.

Nope, it shows they did it to themselves... and are too stupid to figure it out.
People are stupid and vote accordingly, but that sounds like you are backing away from accusing this man of racism.

After all, he is obviously white and conservative, so he must be racist. In your view, he is a special kind of stupid, and a special kind of stupid that is not as bad had he had darker skin.

Should he be in jail with Trump?

Then again, his song is rich men north of Richmond and not rich democrats north of Richmond. So on some level he understands that the GOP has duped him, but not so with democrats. You people are true believers in the party.

Cultists have to cult.

People are stupid and vote accordingly, but that sounds like you are backing away from accusing this man of racism.

After all, he is obviously white and conservative, so he must be racist. In your view, he is a special kind of stupid, and a special kind of stupid that is not as bad had he had darker skin.

Nope, I'm not backing off and that's exactly my point. That he's blaming a 300 lbs welfare mom for his woes shows that he's racist.

Then again, his song is rich men north of Richmond and not rich democrats north of Richmond. So on some level he understands that the GOP has duped him, but not so with democrats. You people are true believers in the party.

Then why is he blaming the poor black woman on welfare for his woes? Because the Republicans have been telling him since Ronnie Reagan that she has been cheating him.

It’s the UniParty that did it

More like the Republicans did it and the Democrats didn't do enough to resist, that's the problem.

As quickly as conservatives and right-wing nutsos glommed onto the bearded singer with a high, lonesome, “authentic” warble, they freaked out over his embrace of diversity. Diversity is, of course, the first symptom of the incurable “wokeness” disease. “Promoted algorithm boosted ‘based’ red beard hillbilly song guy was faking his accent and says diversity is our strength,” one user tweeted, receiving over 8,500 likes. Another user wrote, “Did he sell out already to the rich men north of Richmond?”

The Right Has Already Turned on Their Appalachian Folk Hero
A couple of tweets from anonymous Twitter handles noticed by a Left-wing extremist author does not mean that Conservatives have turned on Oliver Anthony.

1692998018145.png

Source (retrieved moments ago):

We hear bots on here proclaim how wonderful the Biden economy is, but this song going to #1 proves otherwise.

People are hurting.

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Read More: The Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' | Here Are the Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere / Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds / Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay.

Oliver Anthony is hopping mad that conservatives are using his song. He said he wrote it about them.

White Working Class Republicans, obviously... Because they are dumb.

Yes, Working Class whites do not seem to understand that de-regulation, union busting and tax breaks for the rich actually hurt them. But they keep voting for it because that lady who wants to use the restroom has a dick.. maybe.

Um, yes, I single them out because they don't get that they really are in the same boat as the Hispanic woman who works in the next cubicle or on the other end of the assembly line.
It's really weird how the saps vote against giving the IRS the tools it needs to audit the wealthy more.

Oh, well, The government will just extract what it needs from their dumb asses instead. They deserve it.

Actually, it shows how much white people are kind of awful.
They are sad that they lost what their parents fought for, but have no idea who took it all away from them.

Leftists NEVER say anything meaningful. You guys have suffered a severe dumbing down, and lost your spines in the process.

We hear bots on here proclaim how wonderful the Biden economy is, but this song going to #1 proves otherwise.

People are hurting.

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Read More: The Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' | Here Are the Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere / Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds / Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

Um...retard?

In the 10-and-a-half-minute video filmed in his truck, Anthony at various points choked up about the state of the country, laughed at his song "Rich Men North of Richmond" being part of Wednesday's Republican primary debate ("I wrote that song about those people!") and said he intended to keep producing authentic music that moved others.

Oliver Anthony laughs at song's debate moment, hits conservatives for saying he's one of them: 'Aggravating'

Anthony, who has said previously he sits "dead center" politically, then fired criticism at right-wing media and politicians; figures like Republicans Kari Lake and Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene have openly celebrated the song and contributed to it becoming a point of cultural controversy.

"The one thing that has bothered me is seeing people wrap politics up into this," he said. "It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me like I'm one of them. It's aggravating seeing certain musicians and politicians act like we're buddies and act like we're fighting the same struggle here, like that we're trying to present the same message.

Um...retard?

In the 10-and-a-half-minute video filmed in his truck, Anthony at various points choked up about the state of the country, laughed at his song "Rich Men North of Richmond" being part of Wednesday's Republican primary debate ("I wrote that song about those people!") and said he intended to keep producing authentic music that moved others.

Oliver Anthony laughs at song's debate moment, hits conservatives for saying he's one of them: 'Aggravating'

Anthony, who has said previously he sits "dead center" politically, then fired criticism at right-wing media and politicians; figures like Republicans Kari Lake and Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene have openly celebrated the song and contributed to it becoming a point of cultural controversy.

"The one thing that has bothered me is seeing people wrap politics up into this," he said. "It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me like I'm one of them. It's aggravating seeing certain musicians and politicians act like we're buddies and act like we're fighting the same struggle here, like that we're trying to present the same message.
Yep , he’s Gay

People are hurting.

Pre-Chorus:

Chorus:

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

He sure has inspired a lot of people and I congratulate him, but damn I still hate Country music and the songs all sound the same.

Long live rock and roll!

Forum List

Back