Rich men north of Richmond

Um...retard?

In the 10-and-a-half-minute video filmed in his truck, Anthony at various points choked up about the state of the country, laughed at his song "Rich Men North of Richmond" being part of Wednesday's Republican primary debate ("I wrote that song about those people!") and said he intended to keep producing authentic music that moved others.

Oliver Anthony laughs at song's debate moment, hits conservatives for saying he's one of them: 'Aggravating'

Anthony, who has said previously he sits "dead center" politically, then fired criticism at right-wing media and politicians; figures like Republicans Kari Lake and Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene have openly celebrated the song and contributed to it becoming a point of cultural controversy.

"The one thing that has bothered me is seeing people wrap politics up into this," he said. "It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me like I'm one of them. It's aggravating seeing certain musicians and politicians act like we're buddies and act like we're fighting the same struggle here, like that we're trying to present the same message.
As I've said, the song is about rich men who live North of Richmond, indicating he has been screwed over by both parties, which he has as we all have.

But to be critical of government in any way, other than Trump, is a conservative thingy. I don't blame him from tying to distance himself from so called conservatives in DC and the media.

He sure the fuck wasn't writing the song in support of Biden or the Democrats either, Fake Toro
Anything that might be considered a critic of the DNC is instantly referred to as racist fascism, which was the knee jerk reaction from the brown shirts.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Oliver Anthony cancels show when he sees tickets are $99. Says he will get new venue where people can attend for $25....

One might say it's a brilliant marketing strategy, but dude seems sincere.

Forum List

Back