Rich men north of Richmond

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

We hear bots on here proclaim how wonderful the Biden economy is, but this song going to #1 proves otherwise.

People are hurting.

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Read More: The Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' | Here Are the Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere / Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds / Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay.

Actually, it shows how much white people are kind of awful.
They are sad that they lost what their parents fought for, but have no idea who took it all away from them.
White people are awful, like Joe Biden?

Tell us more.

And do you think this generation would fight for their country like their parents fought for it?

I doubt it as you would only fight for something that you wanted to preserve.

Last edited:
The American people have spoken: We like the merger of corporate capitalism and communism. We like the browning of America. We like the military-industrial complex. We like our children being sacrificed on the altar of Critical Theory. We like industrial pollution which kills sperm counts. We like climate based tyranny. We like feminized men and masculinized women. We like political corruption. We like the debasement of our currency. We like censorship. We like being buried under debt. That's why we keep electing the people who give us that.

The American people have spoken: We like the merger of corporate capitalism and communism. We like the browning of America. We like the military-industrial complex. We like our children being sacrificed on the altar of Critical Theory. We like industrial pollution which kills sperm counts. We like climate based tyranny. We like feminized men and masculinized women. We like political corruption. We like the debasement of our currency. We like censorship. We like being buried under debt. That's why we keep electing the people who give us that.

Amen brother!

Preach it!!

We hear bots on here proclaim how wonderful the Biden economy is, but this song going to #1 proves otherwise.

People are hurting.

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Read More: The Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' | Here Are the Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere / Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds / Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

I understand and agree with the sentiment of that song, but I just don't like it much. I have not been able to listen to the whole thing. Good for him though.

Tell us more.

And do you think this generation would fight for their country like their parents fought for it?

Joe Biden is actually getting more pay for everybody south of Richmond. The rich men north of Richmond are donating to their lackeys trying to keep that from happening.

Actually, it shows how much white people are kind of awful.
They are sad that they lost what their parents fought for, but have no idea who took it all away from them.
Democrats took it all away from us, just like Obama took all the coal mining jobs away from us.

Tell us more.

Who would want to preserve what this country has become?

Tell us more.

A few points. 11 years in the Army, so my willingness to fight isn't really in question here. If the army wants a 61 year old supply NCO, I'm here. Don't think I'd pass the physical at this point, though.

My point, which went right over your head, is that the GOP has become the White Grievance Party. White working class people don't have the good life that their parents have, but instead of blaming the rich people who took it away from them, they blame poorer non-white people who have less than they do.

Which is the point of this badly sung, out of tune song.

People are hurting.

Pre-Chorus:

Chorus:

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

Thanks for posting - I’ve been curious about the song.

It’s a shame he couldn’t stick with attacking the two criminal parties colluding with the DeepSwamp to crush The People

Attacking his fellow boot-crushed imaginary citizens is a very ugly look.

As long as Anthony does not come out as Gay ( Like L’il NAZ X did after he hit the Big time ) then I’m ok with his not forming a band right away .

As long as Anthony does not come out as Gay ( Like L’il NAZ X did after he hit the Big time ) then I’m ok with his not forming a band right away .
He turned down millions from the country music industry as they all flocked to him for $$$$.

Now, you see, when I talk about White Grievance, I mean people like this clown:

so let's look at your list.

Not sure that Capitalism and Communism are being "merged". It's more like corporatism, when Corporations are bigger and more important than governments.
The Military Industrial Complex- God, I hate that term. Ike did a throw-away line and it's had life for 60 years.
How are our children being "sacrificed" to CRT, exactly? The real problem is that history is history. If you feel good reading history, then you aren't reading history, you are reading propaganda.
Who do you think is responsible for industrial pollution, exactly?
What Climate based tyranny are you whining about?

The rest of your list has some legitimacy, but it's not like we'd ever elect anyone who addressed those problems. The last politician who told us the truth was Walter Mondale, and he lost 49 states. Then Ronnie Raygun raised taxes anyway.

Forum List

Back