Rich men north of Richmond

As quickly as conservatives and right-wing nutsos glommed onto the bearded singer with a high, lonesome, “authentic” warble, they freaked out over his embrace of diversity. Diversity is, of course, the first symptom of the incurable “wokeness” disease. “Promoted algorithm boosted ‘based’ red beard hillbilly song guy was faking his accent and says diversity is our strength,” one user tweeted, receiving over 8,500 likes. Another user wrote, “Did he sell out already to the rich men north of Richmond?”

The Right Has Already Turned on Their Appalachian Folk Hero

And he quickly moves on to this.

Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds / Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Seriously, it's just the Reagan "Welfare Queen" bullshit all over again.
Your projection of race onto these lyrics says more about your views than his.

Now, you see, when I talk about White Grievance, I mean people like this clown:

so let's look at your list.

Not sure that Capitalism and Communism are being "merged". It's more like corporatism, when Corporations are bigger and more important than governments.
The Military Industrial Complex- God, I hate that term. Ike did a throw-away line and it's had life for 60 years.
How are our children being "sacrificed" to CRT, exactly? The real problem is that history is history. If you feel good reading history, then you aren't reading history, you are reading propaganda.
Who do you think is responsible for industrial pollution, exactly?
What Climate based tyranny are you whining about?

The rest of your list has some legitimacy, but it's not like we'd ever elect anyone who addressed those problems. The last politician who told us the truth was Walter Mondale, and he lost 49 states. Then Ronnie Raygun raised taxes anyway.
My mistake. I kind of assumed that readers would be aware of what's going on in the world. I keep forgetting that there are still clueless boomers around. Fortunately they'll all be dead soon. Each of these topics really needs a thread to get the ignorati up to speed.

We buy poor kids school lunches. We help single working mothers feed their families.
The grand irony is that these women who don't need no man, need the government to pay their bills; a government which takes most of its money from White men.

Actually, it shows how much white people are kind of awful.
They are sad that they lost what their parents fought for, but have no idea who took it all away from them.
If they’re so awful why does everything keep getting worse as they give up that power?

We hear bots on here proclaim how wonderful the Biden economy is, but this song going to #1 proves otherwise.

People are hurting.

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Read More: The Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' | Here Are the Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere / Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds / Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay.

Fuck yes the Economy sucks..

We hear bots on here proclaim how wonderful the Biden economy is, but this song going to #1 proves otherwise.

People are hurting.

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away.

Pre-Chorus:
It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could just wake up and it not be true / But it is, oh, it is.

Chorus:
Livin' in the new world / With an old soul / These rich men north of Richmond / Lord knows they all just wanna have total control / Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do / And they don't think you know, but I know that you do / 'Cause your dollar ain't shit and it's taxed to no end / 'Cause of rich men north of Richmond.

Read More: The Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' | Here Are the Lyrics to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond'

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere / Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Repeat Chorus

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay.

"I wish politicians would look out for miners"

Miners are some of the best paid workers in America.

Maybe I should give you the response Trump gave to Playboy about miners:

TRUMP: I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?

TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not.
US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

And the obese milkin' welfare.
West Virginia is one of the worst welfare tit-sucking states out there.

Like Trump said. They don't have "it". They lack imagination. They need to get off their fat asses and find another job aside from the coal mining jobs which are never coming back.

It's amazing to me they didn't catch on that the slick New York City grifter, a rich man from North of Richmond, hoaxed them about bring back coal jobs. THAT is who they should be pissed off at.

It's no coincidence most of Trump's rubes are country bumpkins. They are fertile soil for his grift.

Also, red states suck on the government tit more than blue states.

Last edited:
Americans are craving anti-democrat songs.

A vote for the Democrats is a vote for the WEF and their Great Reset.

Americans feel this and that's why these songs are huge right now. If you got a band and want to get out there, an anti-Democrat song done right will go big.

West Virginia is one of the worst welfare tit-sucking states out there.

Like Trump said. They don't have "it". They lack imagination. They need to get off their fat asses and find another job aside from the coal mining jobs which are never coming back.

It's amazing to me they didn't catch on that the slick New York City grifter, a rich man from North of Richmond, hoaxed them about bring back coal jobs. THAT is who they should be pissed off at.

It's no coincidence most of Trump's rubes are country bumpkins. They are fertile soil for his grift.

Also, red states suck on the government tit more than blue states.
LOVE the new avatar, Guno.

But these songs...

Meh.

Your projection of race onto these lyrics says more about your views than his.

Uh, no, he's using the same kind of coded lyrics that Reagan did. That Welfare Mom wants your money.

My mistake. I kind of assumed that readers would be aware of what's going on in the world. I keep forgetting that there are still clueless boomers around. Fortunately they'll all be dead soon. Each of these topics really needs a thread to get the ignorati up to speed.

Actually, if anything, Boomers are the ones keeping the old politics of White Privilege alive. The younger generations are a lot more liberal, more likely to understand the problems and fix them.

If they’re so awful why does everything keep getting worse as they give up that power?

It doesn't.

Reagan made things worse.
Poppy Bush made things worse
Shrub made things worse.
Trump made things a LOT worse.

Republicans play on your white greivance, and then fuck things up for white people. And you stupid idiots keep voting for it.

Meanwhile..

Biden Made things better. We are in better shape in 2023 than we were in 2020.
Obama made things better.
Clinton made things better

But people like you would rather burn the country down than share it.

Uh, no, he's using the same kind of coded lyrics that Reagan did. That Welfare Mom wants your money.

Actually, if anything, Boomers are the ones keeping the old politics of White Privilege alive. The younger generations are a lot more liberal, more likely to understand the problems and fix them.

It doesn't.

Reagan made things worse.
Poppy Bush made things worse
Shrub made things worse.
Trump made things a LOT worse.

Republicans play on your white greivance, and then fuck things up for white people. And you stupid idiots keep voting for it.

Meanwhile..

Biden Made things better. We are in better shape in 2023 than we were in 2020.
Obama made things better.
Clinton made things better

But people like you would rather burn the country down than share it.
For the record, white conservative men can't hurt economically like darker skinned people, so they make up songs to dog whistle their way to promote racism instead?

Is this what you are suggesting?

For the record, white conservative men can't hurt economically like darker skinned people, so they make up songs to dog whistle their way to promote racism instead?

Is this what you are suggesting?

What I am suggesting is that white working class men have been voting against their own economic interests for 50 years because the Republicans have successfully played on their religious, racial and sexual fears.

You take all the Gays, God, Guns bullshit out of our politics, then the economic debate becomes do we favor the working class with greater rights and protections (the Democratic position) or do we favor the investor class with de-regulation, union-busting and tax breaks hoping they will "Trickle down" on working class people (the Republican position)

This idiotic song is a great example, when this inbred fuck starts whining about 300 lbs welfare moms...

What I am suggesting is that white working class men have been voting against their own economic interests for 50 years because the Republicans have successfully played on their religious, racial and sexual fears.

You take all the Gays, God, Guns bullshit out of our politics, then the economic debate becomes do we favor the working class with greater rights and protections (the Democratic position) or do we favor the investor class with de-regulation, union-busting and tax breaks hoping they will "Trickle down" on working class people (the Republican position)

This idiotic song is a great example, when this inbred fuck starts whining about 300 lbs welfare moms...
Who does not vote for their economic interests fool?

Everyone does, assuming they actually understand what they are voting for, which arguably they don't.

But to single out white conservative men as some sort of Freudian, racist freak show for doing so is beyond sick and racist.

You people are demented.

Who does not vote for their economic interests fool?

Was it in my personal economic interests to support all those free checks we got? Yes.

Did I support it? No.

Everyone does, assuming they actually understand what they are voting for, which arguably they don't.

But to single out white conservative men as some sort of Freudian, racist freak show for doing so is beyond sick and racist.

You people are demented.

To me it's pointing out the hypocrisy.

Was it in my personal economic interests to support all those free checks we got? Yes.

Did I support it? No.

To me it's pointing out the hypocrisy.
There is no such thing as free money. That is a lie.

You are feeling the inflationary effects now and paying for it now plus interest..

Try again.

Actually, it shows how much white people are kind of awful.
They are sad that they lost what their parents fought for, but have no idea who took it all away from them.
The song tellls that We the People are well aware of who did it

Forum List

Back