Oliver Anthony Sets It Straight

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Oliver Anthony explains what the song Rich Men North of Richmond is about. It's not about what the RWingers think. It's about Republicans.

“It seems like certain people wanna just ride the attention of this song to maybe make their own selves relevant and that’s aggravating as hell. The other thing that I find aggravating is, well, you know it was funny seeing my song, it was funny seeing it at the presidential debate cause it’s like I wrote that song about those people,” he continued. “So for them to have to sit there and listen to that, that cracks me up.”

“That song has nothing to do with Joe Biden, it’s a lot bigger than Joe Biden. That song is written about the people on that stage — and a lot more too, not just them — but definitely them,” explained Anthony. “I do hate to see that song being weaponized, like I see the right trying to characterize me as one of their own and I see the left trying to discredit me, I guess in retaliation.”

Oliver Anthony explains what the song Rich Men North of Richmond is about. It's not about what the RWingers think. It's about Republicans.

“It seems like certain people wanna just ride the attention of this song to maybe make their own selves relevant and that’s aggravating as hell. The other thing that I find aggravating is, well, you know it was funny seeing my song, it was funny seeing it at the presidential debate cause it’s like I wrote that song about those people,” he continued. “So for them to have to sit there and listen to that, that cracks me up.”

“That song has nothing to do with Joe Biden, it’s a lot bigger than Joe Biden. That song is written about the people on that stage — and a lot more too, not just them — but definitely them,” explained Anthony. “I do hate to see that song being weaponized, like I see the right trying to characterize me as one of their own and I see the left trying to discredit me, I guess in retaliation.”

Poor dude is just looking for a record deal. :)

umm leftists were saying the same thing.. And especially whining about us paying for fat lazy people getting junk food. That really put them in a bad mood LOL
Thing about this song is, the lyrics arent for one side or the other. Its about the common man, and how corporations and politicians fuck us EVERY FUCKING DAY. This is something we should all come together about, but its ALWAYS got to be side vs side.
People need to grow the fuck up.

umm leftists were saying the same thing.. And especially whining about us paying for fat lazy people getting junk food. That really put them in a bad mood LOL
Thing about this song is, the lyrics arent for one side or the other. Its about the common man, and how corporations and politicians fuck us EVERY FUCKING DAY. This is something we should all come together about, but its ALWAYS got to be side vs side.
People need to grow the fuck up.
Not according to the artist. Good luck twisting it.

Did someone tell you that stupid shit, or did you figure it out yourself.

The song is about rich men and being poor. Most of the richest people in America are billionaire Democrats.
It's not about Republicans.

The song is about rich men and being poor. Most of the richest people in America are billionaire Democrats.

Read his quote...

When I heard this song I found this guy to be really talented. I am not a huge fan of his politics, as they seem to be all over the place and populist. I prefer most things to be guided by conservative principles rather than what the masses demand.

So now you stupid Moon Bats love him? LOL!

Read his quote...

What's your point?

The fact is this songwriter doesn't want to have anything to do with politicians.

What else is their to read into it?

Last edited:

A) Your own article does not back up this claim, so you're clearly lying.

B) Don't tell this to us, tell it to the plethora of foaming mouthed media stooges breathlessly accusing him of RACISM!!!!

C) Fuck off.

What's your point?

The fact is this songwriter doesn't want to have anything to do with politicians.

What else is their to read into it?

Last weekend FOX News did an expose' at one of his shows.

Like the entire crowd were wearing MAGA hats.

So he can say what he likes, but it's pretty clear who his fan base are.

Except the author of the song just told you it was, fucktard. It's about ALL OF THEM, both R and D.

Forum List

Back