Retail workers fear for their safety

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
How long can this go on? Local jurisdictions don’t have the resources to prosecute shoplifting. Flash mob grab and go is on the rise. What should retailers do?

I would start draconian measures. Incentivize shoppers to do more online (shopping and pickup). Beef up premium security personnel; preferably armed. Let shoppers know that if they choose to enter the store, they are subject to random searches while in the store. If they fail to comply, they will be removed from the store, by force, if necessary.

How long can this go on? Local jurisdictions don’t have the resources to prosecute shoplifting. Flash mob grab and go is on the rise. What should retailers do?

I would start draconian measures. Incentivize shoppers to do more online (shopping and pickup). Beef up premium security personnel; preferably armed. Let shoppers know that if they choose to enter the store, they are subject to random searches while in the store. If they fail to comply, they will be removed from the store, by force, if necessary.

I have great news for you!

Crime is down this year, and expected to continue in this trend.

REALLY great news, right?

:)

I don't blame them. After watching Jan 6 Trump traitors attack the capital, I would be fearful as well.

Retail crime is down? Assault on retail workers is down? Flash grab and go mob incidents are down? Where is the news that explicitly backs up those trends?

Who said I got my information from Fox?

Nobody that I saw.

Did you see someone do that?

I got my information from local news online from places like San Francisco, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Chicago where these incidents are happening. Are those outlets lying?
Did those outlets report that crime is up?

Good job Biden

In regards to retail crime specifically, it seems just like with immigration, it started rising under Trump as this link clearly shows.

Retail crime is down? Assault on retail workers is down? Flash grab and go mob incidents are down? Where is the news that explicitly backs up those trends?
You seem upset by the fact that crime is down.

Why is that?

But yeah - crime is down.

GREAT news if you ask me. :)

Nobody that I saw.

Did you see someone do that?

Did those outlets report that crime is up?

Good job Biden

In regards to retail crime specifically, it seems just like with immigration, it started rising under Trump as this link clearly shows.

I wonder if the shoplifting numbers are tied to inflation, which is slowing down considerably.

A decrease in shoplifting would presumably lag.

There's a simple solution to this, lock up criminals and institute the death penalty for adults using kids to commit crimes.

Forum List

Back