Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

If you believe Bill Clinton was any kind of conservative you don't have a clue.
He signed NAFTA didn't he? That day he went along with conservatives and let us liberals down. In 1997 he deregister the media. He wasn't a very good liberal.

You guys just couldn't stand it because for two terms the nation prospered. Clinton balanced the budget and left a surplus. Not to worry.....the first thing George W. Bush did was two tax cuts for his rich buds, and two hot wars. I might mention that he invaded Saddam Hussein to teach him to leave his Daddy alone. Bush also doubled the national debt....if you're into that sort of thing.
Shit faced, The county has been into much debt to pay back for many, many decades now. There was not a surplus you dumbass motherfucker.
us-federal-debt-by-president-political-party-2010.jpg
You must not understand the difference between debt and deficit. Conservatives make this mistake all the time. Clinton had a surplus.

This reminds me of unemployment. When Obama is president, unemployment isn't really 4.5% but when Trump is president on day one and unemployment goes down 1%, now all of the sudden it's real.

Bush admitted we had a surplus so why won't you? Bush: Surplus Justifies Tax Cut
Deficit is just another name to cover up the debt from year-to-year. The fact remains this country has been in debt for many, many decades. Either you're in debt or you're not...
You can put any spin on it you want, it is far too large to be paid back thanks to career politicians...
Yet, the right wing refuses to advance a "second wave", whenever the topic of ending our useless and exorbitantly expensive, War on Drugs is practicable.

I am just as worried about left wing lies as I am right wing lies. Extremist are more prone to lying, it does not matter which side of the aisle they are on.
A surcharge is a "market friendly metric". Maybe you can ask management to, "internalize" their surcharge at places you frequent, due to your political concerns.

How is being quoted a price and then have a surcharge added after "market friendly"? I want the places I frequent to be "customer friendly" not "market friendly". My political concerns have nothing to do with the surcharge, surcharges are another way for a business to nickel and dime you and it isn't just this surcharge, you have fuel surcharges, convenience fees, restocking fees and on and on.

Tell you what, you can pay my surcharges, my convenience fees and so on since you seem to like the deception of the business.
It is for marketing purposes.

How is a surcharge a marketing tool? It's a deterrent.
not if the fine print says, taxes and surcharges, not included.

If the fine print says there are surcharges, I won't be eating there, so it is a deterrent.

It isn't a marketing tool, it is a political statement to oppose the minimum wage. If you believe that protesting a wage increase is a marketing tool, you are not very smart.

Conservatives and Republicans have no relation to each other...
Bullshit. There's just different levels of conservative.

Bill Clinton and Reagan were liberal Republicans compared to rubio and Chris Christie or kasich and Cruz is more conservative than them but then you have Rand Paul.

All conservatives and all Republicans

Even Hillary loves wallstreet remember? And Obama loves GE. You cared but now walls Treet and GE are the white house. How hypocritical

He signed NAFTA didn't he? That day he went along with conservatives and let us liberals down. In 1997 he deregister the media. He wasn't a very good liberal.

You guys just couldn't stand it because for two terms the nation prospered. Clinton balanced the budget and left a surplus. Not to worry.....the first thing George W. Bush did was two tax cuts for his rich buds, and two hot wars. I might mention that he invaded Saddam Hussein to teach him to leave his Daddy alone. Bush also doubled the national debt....if you're into that sort of thing.
Shit faced, The county has been into much debt to pay back for many, many decades now. There was not a surplus you dumbass motherfucker.

In fy 2000 and 2001 Bill Clinton bought back $400,000,000,000 of debt. You're the asshole!

debtchart.jpg

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

Last edited:
A surcharge is a "market friendly metric". Maybe you can ask management to, "internalize" their surcharge at places you frequent, due to your political concerns.

How is being quoted a price and then have a surcharge added after "market friendly"? I want the places I frequent to be "customer friendly" not "market friendly". My political concerns have nothing to do with the surcharge, surcharges are another way for a business to nickel and dime you and it isn't just this surcharge, you have fuel surcharges, convenience fees, restocking fees and on and on.

Tell you what, you can pay my surcharges, my convenience fees and so on since you seem to like the deception of the business.

If the fine print says there are surcharges, I won't be eating there, so it is a deterrent.

It isn't a marketing tool, it is a political statement to oppose the minimum wage. If you believe that protesting a wage increase is a marketing tool, you are not very smart.
Are you claiming you prefer any given Firm keep that market based information to their bookkeepers, not their customers?

Are you claiming you prefer any given Firm keep that market based information to their bookkeepers, not their customers?
I agree with papa. I don't need to know you raised your prices a little to pay your employees better.

I want to know which restaurants are the most profitable. Their gouging us. I also want to see how much they pay for their burger so I know if their charging me too much

I agree with papa. I don't need to know you raised your prices a little to pay your employees better.

I want to know which restaurants are the most profitable. Their gouging us. I also want to see how much they pay for their burger so I know if their charging me too much
The right wing prefers to, "ditch capitalism" for their social ideology, on a national basis.

It's not info, it's a scam, glad you like scams.

I don't care what they charge as long as it is posted, surcharges are for scammers.

Bullshit. There's just different levels of conservative.

Bill Clinton and Reagan were liberal Republicans compared to rubio and Chris Christie or kasich and Cruz is more conservative than them but then you have Rand Paul.

All conservatives and all Republicans

Even Hillary loves wallstreet remember? And Obama loves GE. You cared but now walls Treet and GE are the white house. How hypocritical

In fy 2000 and 2001 Bill Clinton bought back $400,000,000,000 of debt. You're the asshole!

debtchart.jpg

us-federal-debt-percentage-gdp-by-president-political-party.jpg

The country has 225+ trillion of debt... because of career politicians - it does not matter what side of the aisle they are on, shit bags everyone of them.

how is labeling a cost a surcharge, a scam?

I don't care what they charge as long as it is posted, surcharges are for scammers.
Some people don't mind the market based metrics for a single item, before taxes and surcharges; for relative and global metrics;

since, those same ingredient components can be used to calculate relative price difference in different parts of the world. A big mac is big mac, but costs change depending on "country on origin".

debtchart.jpg

The country has 225+ trillion of debt... because of career politicians - it does not matter what side of the aisle they are on, shit bags everyone of them.
Why does the right wing believe we can afford to finance our War on Drugs.

As long as you know before hand the entire cost, I have no problem, if the menu price is one thing and the final cost is higher, then I have an issue. If you don't mind being charged more than the agreed upon price, then I have no problem with you paying more than the agreed price, its your money.

Some people don't mind the market based metrics for a single item, before taxes and surcharges; for relative and global metrics;

since, those same ingredient components can be used to calculate relative price difference in different parts of the world. A big mac is big mac, but costs change depending on "country on origin".

I have no issue, the issue is quoting a menu price and then paying a higher price than the menu price because they add surcharges. I want to know the entire price before I buy, that is just me, you seem to like added charges and surcharges and paying more than agreed upon pricing.

As long as you know before hand the entire cost, I have no problem, if the menu price is one thing and the final cost is higher, then I have an issue. If you don't mind being charged more than the agreed upon price, then I have no problem with you paying more than the agreed price, its your money.
In other words, you are a, "taxes and surcharges" included, kind of guy.

I have no issue, the issue is quoting a menu price and then paying a higher price than the menu price because they add surcharges. I want to know the entire price before I buy, that is just me, you seem to like added charges and surcharges and paying more than agreed upon pricing.
You prefer a big mac price, with taxes and surcharges included, on the drive through menu?

debtchart.jpg

Why does the right wing believe we can afford to finance our War on Drugs.
That's what career politicians do, spend more than what we have… Fact

debtchart.jpg

Damn strange that the debt was run up by Republicans. It's the tax cuts stupid!!

.....................................................Total U S Debt......................................................

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)
09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accommodate Tens of Trillions)
09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)
09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16
09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)
09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)
09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)
09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32
09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38( Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)
09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00
09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)((Reagan Slashed Tax Rates To Pre Depression Levels)
09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

debtchart.jpg

Damn strange that the debt was run up by Republicans. It's the tax cuts stupid!!

.....................................................Total U S Debt......................................................

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)
09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accommodate Tens of Trillions)
09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)
09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16
09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)
09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)
09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)
09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32
09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38( Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)
09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00
09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)((Reagan Slashed Tax Rates To Pre Depression Levels)
09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00
The federal government has no claim to a progressive tax... taxation without representation

Forum List

Back