McDonald's president who made $7.4 million last year says proposal to pay fast-food workers $22 an hour is 'costly and job-destroying'

58 is a good age to retire. The last thing a working person is going to consider retiring is the well being of the company. Retire as soon as possible is the mantra of 99 percent of people.

Where I worked (as I said, I understand anecdotal examples are only so good) used to have jobs one could bid on as one got older. Day jobs in the lab, QC day jobs. The company either did away with those jobs or contracted them out.

As you get older it becomes harder and harder to work 12 hour rotating shift jobs. So we packed it in. I don't regret it for a second.

Where I worked (as I said, I understand anecdotal examples are only so good) used to have jobs one could bid on as one got older. Day jobs in the lab, QC day jobs. The company either did away with those jobs or contracted them out.

As you get older it becomes harder and harder to work 12 hour rotating shift jobs. So we packed it in. I don't regret it for a second.
Of course you don't regret it nor should you. You did your time and worked. Now life becomes more enjoyable. You don't owe the company or nation more work because some job or two is open.

Are you aware of the air quality in those countries? Drinking water quality? It's horrible. Is that what you want? If we got rid of all regulations imagine what American industry would wantingly and willingly do. Toxify everything more than they have now.
/-----/ I grew up in the Textile Belt of South Carolina. Those manufacturers worked hard to keep the environment clean. The triple whammy of taxes, labor laws, and overburdening environmental laws told them if they wanted to survive, they had to relocate. I lived through it - did you?

The shortage is because baby boomers like myself said screw it and retired. Anecdotal examples are pretty worthless (even though you seem to enjoy them) but when I retired in 2020 at 58, quite a few of us retired in our 50's around the same time.

I made enough to live without working and decided that a better option than making sure I had a new car every couple years.

The job I hired into in 1995 no longer exists as it did in 1995. It's still a better job than McD's but when I was hired there was 4 mechanics per day (2 on each shift). When I left there was 1 and a floater per day. One on day shift and one that floated between buildings on nights. When I was hired there was 2 supervisors per shift. When I left there was none.

The job I initially worked is now a contracted out job. They did their best to move my job to China but did end up failing at it.

You're speaking on your line of work just like I'm speaking on mine. In mine they are begging people to take these good paying jobs and can't get workers. Retiring baby boomers have little to do with it. People who did not start an IRA when they became available can't make it on SS alone and have to work, some past their full retirement age.

So retirees are not our problem. Our problem is our government is basically paying people not to work or work very little.

I can support people having to work to get some assistance if their wages are low. One can't live a good life on a low wage.

Then one should learn a trade or career if they don't want to work for lower wages any longer, not depend on taxpayers to subsidize their bad decisions or laziness.

Has anyone in the thread done the actual math? McDonald's has about 200k employees. If they paid the ceo zero dollars, each McDonald's employee would get an extra $37.

Has anyone in the thread done the actual math? McDonald's has about 200k employees. If they paid the ceo zero dollars, each McDonald's employee would get an extra $37.

The issue is not just what the CEO get's paid. The issue is thousands and thousands demand to get paid more and more every year that do not flip a single burger.

The issue is "shareholder value" and the demand for record profits year in and year out.

The CEO makes the incredibly high salary by seeing that the employee gets less and those not even working there get more.

The issue is not just what the CEO get's paid. The issue is thousands and thousands demand to get paid more and more every year that do not flip a single burger.

The issue is "shareholder value" and the demand for record profits year in and year out.

The CEO makes the incredibly high salary by seeing that the employee gets less and those not even working there get more.
Bite me.

Yeah, that's kind of why companies hire CEOs. The manager of a baseball team doesn't go and play the outfield. The owner of a football team doesn't become a linebacker. CEOs don't go to the kitchen and flip burgers.

Yes, companies find labor for the cheapest possible price. If they can't find that labor they have to increase their offers. If your IRA has McDonald's shares as part of your portfolio, you want them to get the best return on your money as possible.

The shortage is because baby boomers like myself said screw it and retired. Anecdotal examples are pretty worthless (even though you seem to enjoy them) but when I retired in 2020 at 58, quite a few of us retired in our 50's around the same time.

I made enough to live without working and decided that a better option than making sure I had a new car every couple years.

The job I hired into in 1995 no longer exists as it did in 1995. It's still a better job than McD's but when I was hired there was 4 mechanics per day (2 on each shift). When I left there was 1 and a floater per day. One on day shift and one that floated between buildings on nights. When I was hired there was 2 supervisors per shift. When I left there was none.

The job I initially worked is now a contracted out job. They did their best to move my job to China but did end up failing at it.
The shortage is on the low-end, even though employers are offering $17 and $18 an hour. Unskilled people with no education have discovered they can bring in more by turning down an honest day’s work and instead living off of other people’s money.

Limit the welfare, as Clinton did, and watch people go back to work.

Yeah, that's kind of why companies hire CEOs. The manager of a baseball team doesn't go and play the outfield. The owner of a football team doesn't become a linebacker. CEOs don't go to the kitchen and flip burgers.

Yes, companies find labor for the cheapest possible price. If they can't find that labor they have to increase their offers. If your IRA has McDonald's shares as part of your portfolio, you want them to get the best return on your money as possible.
How about if they keep their wages lower and don't hire?

Start your own company genius. Pay $100K to all.
Sure. But you didn't answer the question. How is paying an employee fair wages making them dependent on the government?

Let me know if I need to dumb down the question, retard. :itsok:

Here's the scam. Black single mothers breed 5-6 anchor babies all on the GOVT payroll. Baby daddies come by to hit it agaIn, bringing cash. Many live in(some full-time, contribute cash) but the corrpt sytsem can't or wont check it. $75K is easy to sit home & whatever. Not much work required. Rent is cheao sect8

No. That's wrong and a lie you've been fed.

COMPETITION dictates prices on the sales side just as it does on the labor side.
Raise your prices and, unless there is an accompanying increase in quality, people go elsewhere.

They, owners and management, want you to scare you about labor costs but their intent is to maximize profits at the cost of quality and you are helping.

Why does a bacon cheeseburger at "five guys" cost $10 while the same burger at Wendys is $6?
Perceived quality of product and service.
FG pays its lowest people a buck more an hour than wendys
The bacon cheeseburger at Wendy's is now $9.00. you need to get out more,

Forum List

Back