Republicans To Read Presidential Clause Outloud When Congress Over On Jan 6th.

Article 2 Section 1 of the Constition is to be read Jan 6 and alot are not happy about this. As a matter of fact the whole constitution will be read outloud on the House Floor. This is something that hasn't been done in 221 years. I think it is good and it will send a message to the masses that the republicans get it. It's about 'We The People' and not the government. It's time the people take back the government and adhere to the constitution. The Constitution should be explicitly upheld and as we know, it has not since Obama has taken office. For instance, Article 2 Section 1 has been violated and trampled on. To get the nation back on track, Article 2 Section 1 must be corrected first and foremost. I can't wait to see this live on TV. This is a serious message to the president being sent by republicans.

Two new rules will give Constitution a starring role in GOP-controlled House

if by the masses, you mean really gullible fools like you, i agree.

USAR thinks that 'the masses' believe that Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional, and want them eliminated.

Article 2 Section 1 of the Constition is to be read Jan 6 and alot are not happy about this. As a matter of fact the whole constitution will be read outloud on the House Floor. This is something that hasn't been done in 221 years. I think it is good and it will send a message to the masses that the republicans get it. It's about 'We The People' and not the government. It's time the people take back the government and adhere to the constitution. The Constitution should be explicitly upheld and as we know, it has not since Obama has taken office. For instance, Article 2 Section 1 has been violated and trampled on. To get the nation back on track, Article 2 Section 1 must be corrected first and foremost. I can't wait to see this live on TV. This is a serious message to the president being sent by republicans.

if by the masses, you mean really gullible fools like you, i agree.

I couldn't help noticing that the article cited a "conservative libertarian" who said this was all for show.

All this grandstanding and theater by the Repubs is just further proof that they have absolutely no clue as to how they're ever actually going to do anything that remotely lives up to all of their big talk during the last 2 years, and especially the campaign.

remind me again of how that's different from the democrats?

i may have missed it

:rofl:

Are the Democrats engaging in this kind of theater?

All this grandstanding and theater by the Repubs is just further proof that they have absolutely no clue as to how they're ever actually going to do anything that remotely lives up to all of their big talk during the last 2 years, and especially the campaign.

i may have missed it

is the sun setting in the west?

is obama allowing 3 days for public comment on bills as he promised during his campaign?

was the 111th congress the *most transparent ever*?

is it raining or am i pissing on your boots?

:cool:

i may have missed it

is obama allowing 3 days for public comment on bills as he promised during his campaign?

Apples and oranges.

i may have missed it

I'm reminded of the image of Pelosi walking through a group of people with a giant gavel in her arms. Theatrics is used by both sides of the aisle, and if you can't admit that then you need to open your eyes and look at the world with a little objectivity.

Rick

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I have to admit I like a good bit of grandstanding.

The Pelosi march through the protesters kind of backfired. It was supposed to show how brave she was, instead it proved they were a bunch of deaf snots.

The goal is to prove your point by making it easy to comprehend what the issue is. Who will turn into CSpan to watch it though? It will take no more than 10 minutes at normal speaking speed and they will have made their point. Actually several of their points.

Then congress can get back to the businesses of ignoring it.

Apples and oranges.

of course it is. one's your team, and the other isn't.

:rolleyes:

No liberal here has been more vocal in his criticism of Obama and the Democrats.

Show me what theatrical readings the Democrats did to open the 111th Congress and then you might have the beginning of a point.

This reeks of pumpus grandstanding.

I'm sure 49 Senators will get a lot of work done while one of them reads it.

I'm looking for my "So what" button.

Reading a document into the record serves what purpose if the members don't already know it?

I agree with Baruch, it will take a few minutes then they'll all go back to doing as they please. It's that other rule about spelling out constitutionality in each bill I'm more interested in. It will be fun to see the whole new levels of intrigue and general silliness that will cause in the partisan warfare battles, not to mention the first time they want to do something and their jurisdictional statement bites them in the ass with their constituency - or the courts.

More power to them. Politics is nothing but a game anymore anyway. Might as well make it as entertaining as possible. :popcorn:

I'm looking for my "So what" button.

Reading a document into the record serves what purpose if the members don't already know it?

I agree with Baruch, it will take a few minutes then they'll all go back to doing as they please. It's that other rule about spelling out constitutionality in each bill I'm more interested in. It will be fun to see the whole new levels of intrigue and general silliness that will cause in the partisan warfare battles, not to mention the first time they want to do something and their jurisdictional statement bites them in the ass with their constituency - or the courts.

More power to them. Politics is nothing but a game anymore anyway. Might as well make it as entertaining as possible. :popcorn:

I hope they hire a professional speaker. Or it's just gonna be a snooze fest. :coffee:

I'm looking for my "So what"

It will lead to decisions where the majority says "my bill is constitutional and yours is not"

It will lead to decisions where the majority says "my bill is constitutional and yours is not"

Yep. I foresee a whole lot of na na na boo boo going on. :D

My other question is, since it's only a House rule what are they going to do in conference when the Senate version doesn't have it? Oh yeah, party time!

My other question is, since it's only a House rule what are they going to do in conference when the Senate version doesn't have it? Oh yeah, party time!

for the love of god, they will have to read it out loud also :eusa_drool:

can't we just have it emailed to them and they can say they read it?

for the love of god, they will have to read it out loud also :eusa_drool:

can't we just have it emailed to them and they can say they read it?

Better keep that professional speaker on speed dial. :lol:

What a joke. These stooges should instead treat the constitution how they actually treat it in real life.

They'll gather around in a circle and then proceed to defecate, urinate, vomit and ejaculate right onto to the historic, mythologized document, smile and then invite the media to photograph their most recent artistic accomplishment.

And before you go off on a "YOU MORON LEFTIST" rant, the same damn thing would apply if Democrats read the constitution aloud. Or police officers. Or the justice system.

Forum List

Back