Republicans: The Kings of hypotheticals

Are you SERIOUS? DO you actually BELIEVE this bullshit or did you simply pull it from Glenn Beck's website???

Show me one bill that has introduced eliminating science and replacing it with theological teaching only in public schools...

I'll be waiting

Hell... a student can even get out of frog dissection for 'beliefs'... but can have their personal religious beliefs mocked

If it were as simple of the statement of evolution being a scientific theory that is to be studied and graded upon, and that it is in no way to mean that the school system is attempting to thwart anyone's or any family's personal religious beliefs... I would be cool with that...
I am all for the teaching of science... but I am against using the school system as some indoctrination against faith beliefs... and I certainly am not for the ability to use 'God made it' as a way to pass all science exams

Science "mocks" personal religious beliefs???

Don't let the facts get in the way of your beliefs

and I certainly am not for the ability to use 'God made it' as a way to pass all science exams
Isn't that the answer to all science questions?
Why do things fall to earth?? Because God wants them to

I knew you were an idiot.. but this much of an idiot??

Science teachers and leftist officials have continually mocked persons of religious faith who wish not to have their beliefs shat upon... yet all the while if someone even sneezes wrong at a homosexual, all hell breaks loose in government... yes, persons of faith or with faith are mocked

Belief in a god or a higher purpose or in the teachings of the Bible does not mean that one does not want to learn, deal with, research in, or use science... but nice try, asshole

2) Nobody is for replacing science.. merely not using government run schools to stomp all over the individual beliefs of families.. hell, you wish to mandate respect for 'alternative lifestyles', but you can't have the same respect for those of another belief??? Typical

Are you SERIOUS? DO you actually BELIEVE this bullshit or did you simply pull it from Glenn Beck's website???

Show me one bill that has introduced eliminating science and replacing it with theological teaching only in public schools...

I'll be waiting

Hell... a student can even get out of frog dissection for 'beliefs'... but can have their personal religious beliefs mocked

If it were as simple of the statement of evolution being a scientific theory that is to be studied and graded upon, and that it is in no way to mean that the school system is attempting to thwart anyone's or any family's personal religious beliefs... I would be cool with that...
I am all for the teaching of science... but I am against using the school system as some indoctrination against faith beliefs... and I certainly am not for the ability to use 'God made it' as a way to pass all science exams

:eek:Where the hell did you go to public school????

I'll be waiting

And this is relevant how? And yes... I have seen evidence of teachers scolding children who expressed concern or posed questions regarding the differences between various scientific theories and their personal beliefs.. and it has been brought up in PTA meetings... but never seen a child scolded or expressing that dissection of an animal was against their beliefs

I'll be waiting

And this is relevant how? And yes... I have seen evidence of teachers scolding children who expressed concern or posed questions regarding the differences between various scientific theories and their personal beliefs.. and it has been brought up in PTA meetings... but never seen a child scolded or expressing that dissection of an animal was against their beliefs

So, then you agree that "using the school system as some indoctrination against faith beliefs" is NOT part of Public Schools' curriculum?

So, then you agree that "using the school system as some indoctrination against faith beliefs" is NOT part of Public Schools' curriculum?

Wrong... they have been instructed to not be concerned with the beliefs of the students in this area... yet HAVE been instructed to be concerned in other 'belief' areas... that in itself is hypocrisy and shows an inherent bias... hence a support/non-support or indoctrination agenda.. if 1 belief is to have influence over teachings or activities in school/class then they all should.... or none should... you don't get your cake and eat it too

Again... if it were as simple as a statement that explains that no teachings of scientific theory are intended to supplant or disrespect anyone's individual or family spiritual/religious beliefs... I would support such a notion... that is NOT the case now, except with 'beliefs' that are near and dear to the liberal heart

Wrong... they have been instructed to not be concerned with the beliefs of the students in this area... yet HAVE been instructed to be concerned in other 'belief' areas... that in itself is hypocrisy and shows an inherent bias... hence a support/non-support or indoctrination agenda.. if 1 belief is to have influence over teachings or activities in school/class then they all should.... or none should... you don't get your cake and eat it too

Again... if it were as simple as a statement that explains that no teachings of scientific theory are intended to supplant or disrespect anyone's individual or family spiritual/religious beliefs... I would support such a notion... that is NOT the case now, except with 'beliefs' that are near and dear to the liberal heart

It has been SOME time since I have been in school and my daughter is not yet old enough, so please tell me what "beliefs" the teachers are now being told to indoctrinate into our children? Are there specific courses for these beliefs? Can you opt your child out?

It has been SOME time since I have been in school and my daughter is not yet old enough, so please tell me what "beliefs" the teachers are now being told to indoctrinate into our children? Are there specific courses for these beliefs? Can you opt your child out?

1. The earth is round, not flat

2. The sun is the center of the solar system, not the earth

3. Species evolve

Basically crazy-ass shit like that.

1. The earth is round, not flat

2. The sun is the center of the solar system, not the earth

3. Species evolve

Basically crazy-ass shit like that.

ROUND???????:eek:

I'll be waiting

and I certainly am not for the ability to use 'God made it' as a way to pass all science exams

Science teachers and leftist officials have continually mocked persons of religious faith who wish not to have their beliefs shat upon... yet all the while if someone even sneezes wrong at a homosexual, all hell breaks loose in government... yes, persons of faith or with faith are mocked

Belief in a god or a higher purpose or in the teachings of the Bible does not mean that one does not want to learn, deal with, research in, or use science... but nice try, asshole

Science teachers continually mock persons of religious faith?

Show me anywhere that a science teacher did that....he would be out on his ass

Providing scientific answers is not spitting on your religious beliefs. However, insisting on teaching of religious principles in lieu of science is mocking all of our intelligence

Providing scientific answers is not spitting on your religious beliefs. However, insisting on teaching of religious principles in lieu of science is mocking all of our intelligence

According to diversity in schools man Mr. Jennings, we will discuss homosexuality and sexual practices in school, but no mention of religion. It all comes down to science's answer of random events versus a Devine creation. Random sound very "sciency" to you?

According to diversity in schools man Mr. Jennings, we will discuss homosexuality and sexual practices in school, but no mention of religion. It all comes down to science's answer of random events versus a Devine creation. Random sound very "sciency" to you?

Really? And you have a document that demands these teachings at all public schools? Can you link it? I have not heard of this and will need to contact my Congressman.

Albert Einstein disliked his own developments in Quantum Mechanics because "God does not play dice with the universe."
The man who is the poster child for scientific achievement was also a man of faith. People who understand science and have faith in the divine understand how this works. People who lack either the faith or the scientific understanding often get confused.
The purpose of teaching science in schools is to attempt to teach logical thinking to students. The reason Faith is not taught is to respect both diversity of belief and the constitution.

Slightly OT
Intelligent Creation is NOT a scientific theory as there exists no proposed test of the central hypothesis.

Really? And you have a document that demands these teachings at all public schools? Can you link it? I have not heard of this and will need to contact my Congressman.

How many public schools teaching these things are acceptable to you?

How many public schools teaching these things are acceptable to you?

Zero.

My children are taught in non-literal interpretation of Christian doctrine... but other students have raised questions revolving around their personal beliefs and have been scoffed at, with even a teacher referring to scientific theories as scientific fact and stating there is no basis for the belief in anything other than things such as evolution... this was discussed at a PTA meeting in our district... not the point that science is being taught but that the personal beliefs of individuals including students are being mocked by agenda driven teachers.... meanwhile things with no basis in scientific fact and with other belief choices are taught to be respected, to the effect that any disrespect of an 'alternative' belief can lead into suspension of a child for insensitive behavior..

THAT is what I am talking about..

Do I wish to opt my child out of biology or physics?? Nope... Do I wish to have my children's personal faith or religious beliefs scoffed at when there are legit questions about the differences in theory and belief?? Nope...

Personally... if teaching of evolutionary biology or quantum physics revolts someone of faith, that is what religious private schools are for... BUT this in no way should allow for agenda driven teachers or doctrine to be pushed forward when revolving around the agenda of one faith(or lack thereof) or political ideology, while pushing back another...

My children are taught in non-literal interpretation of Christian doctrine... but other students have raised questions revolving around their personal beliefs and have been scoffed at, with even a teacher referring to scientific theories as scientific fact and stating there is no basis for the belief in anything other than things such as evolution... this was discussed at a PTA meeting in our district... not the point that science is being taught but that the personal beliefs of individuals including students are being mocked by agenda driven teachers.... meanwhile things with no basis in scientific fact and with other belief choices are taught to be respected, to the effect that any disrespect of an 'alternative' belief can lead into suspension of a child for insensitive behavior..

THAT is what I am talking about..

Do I wish to opt my child out of biology or physics?? Nope... Do I wish to have my children's personal faith or religious beliefs scoffed at when there are legit questions about the differences in theory and belief?? Nope...

Personally... if teaching of evolutionary biology or quantum physics revolts someone of faith, that is what religious private schools are for... BUT this in no way should allow for agenda driven teachers or doctrine to be pushed forward when revolving around the agenda of one faith(or lack thereof) or political ideology, while pushing back another...

In all honesty, the children are there to learn scientific theory. Why would they be wasting valuable class time worrying about "personal beliefs"? Maybe our schools wouldn't be ranked so low across the world if more parents of US students cared more about the actual curiculum, rather than whether or not their "personal views" were being trampled on?
You continue to mention vaguely these "alternative beliefs" that are being taught. I will ask you again, what "alternative beliefs" are being taught as part of the curriculum in your child's school?

and sexual practices

I suspect that's a flat out lie.

In all honesty, the children are there to learn scientific theory. Why would they be wasting valuable class time worrying about "personal beliefs"? Maybe our schools wouldn't be ranked so low across the world if more parents of US students cared more about the actual curiculum, rather than whether or not their "personal views" were being trampled on?
You continue to mention vaguely these "alternative beliefs" that are being taught. I will ask you again, what "alternative beliefs" are being taught as part of the curriculum in your child's school?

Ahhh.. but the personal beliefs of 'alternative lifestyles' and sexual promiscuity are put in the forefront in schools...
Can't ridicule a child with beliefs that go in line with PETA when dealing in science/biology class
Not allowed to say anything that may offend those choosing the gay lifestyle...might hurt their feelings about their beliefs... but allowed to henceforth go against and say things against the personal beliefs of religion....
hence the hypocrisy....

And yes 'homosexual acceptance' is taught

Forum List

Back