Republicans: The Kings of hypotheticals

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I've noticed an interesting trend here among active right-wing/republican posters. They seem to labor under the misconception that democrats get away with every bad thing they ever do and republicans can't sneeze without an inquiry and media firestorm.

If I had a nickel for every time somebody said: "If a republican did that...yadda yadda yadda" I'd probably have enough money to become a supporting member here. :lol:

Newsflash, republicans are not saints. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest either party is any more moral or ethical than the other. They both have their fair share of scumbags. And whenever they're caught with their hand in the cookie jar, they both get it with both barrels from the media and the public.

Just imagine if a republican president falsified intelligence documents and lied to Congress in order to justify invading a foreign country. He would probably get impeached on the spot. :rofl:

Democrats have done some good things, I'm sure of it. I can't name any, but there must be SOMETHING.

Other than that, I'm not sure it's a case of insisting they never get caught as just being disgusted as hell at the way they revise history and lie about present motives and actions, by calling whatever vile thing they're doing THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what it is, then accusing the other side of doing whatever it is that they're currently doing...but calling by another name.

I absolutely LOATHE seeing the English language violated like that.

No saints, it is true. The last Democrat versus Republican sex scandal at least pitted a Republican Governor with a drop dead beautiful woman from South America against a gay Democrat.

No saints, it is true. The last Democrat versus Republican sex scandal at least pitted a Republican Governor with a drop dead beautiful woman from South America against a gay Democrat.

Except the gay Democrat was porking a subordinate who was then trying to blackmail him. The Republican did not commit any criminal acts.
See the difference?
If there was ever a refutation of the OP this is as good as any.

Speaking of the OP, what is a "king of hypothetical"??

Just imagine if a republican president falsified intelligence documents and lied to Congress in order to justify invading a foreign country. He would probably get impeached on the spot. :rofl:

Talk about hypotheticals......your statement is that of a loon!

How's that impeachment thing working for ya!!:rofl:

Except the gay Democrat was porking a subordinate who was then trying to blackmail him. The Republican did not commit any criminal acts.
See the difference?

At the same time he was being investigated for some very questionable financial/real estate dealings, and another incident where he used Arkansas state troopers to pimp for him.

Moral of the story...if you're already under scrutiny, don't take advantage of really young interns.

We only need to look at the last eight years to understand what Republicans have done for, uh, I mean TO the country.

It's the current crop of Republicans that want the President to fail, that want more wars. They cut taxes for the rich even while they were starting the last TWO wars and sent our kids off to war with old and rusty equipment letting the injured come back to moldy hospitals, even while they were figuring out ways to cut veterans benefits.

There is no way you can compare Democrats to these loons. They never give up. They have an entire laundry list of things they want to do to damage this country.

Cut education
Replace science with mysticism
More tax cuts for the rich
No work on American infrastructure
Torture
More war

They never stop.

See the difference?

FYI: Using taxpayer money for an overseas love nest IS illegal.

See the difference?

At the same time he was being investigated for some very questionable financial/real estate dealings, and another incident where he used Arkansas state troopers to pimp for him.

Moral of the story...if you're already under scrutiny, don't take advantage of really young interns.

WTF are you talking about??

Talk about hypotheticals......your statement is that of a loon!

How's that impeachment thing working for ya!!:rofl:

We loons are trying to impeach Obama for not investigating those Waterboarding agents!!

See, we left wing loons are one up on the Birthers!!!:razz:

bawney fwank

chris dodd

charlie rangel

do you see any oversight or punishment?

newp! :eusa_whistle:

and all the tax evaders? in the higher echelons of this administration? any punishment? :eusa_whistle: newp! none. all they had to do was pony up their back taxes, no fines, no late fees, just business as usual. so your hypothetical sucks.

We only need to look at the last eight years to understand what Republicans have done for, uh, I mean TO the country.

It's the current crop of Republicans that want the President to fail, that want more wars. They cut taxes for the rich even while they were starting the last TWO wars and sent our kids off to war with old and rusty equipment letting the injured come back to moldy hospitals, even while they were figuring out ways to cut veterans benefits.

There is no way you can compare Democrats to these loons. They never give up. They have an entire laundry list of things they want to do to damage this country.

Cut education
Replace science with mysticism
More tax cuts for the rich
No work on American infrastructure
Torture
More war

They never stop.

More like your LIES never stop

1) No free education for adults... less federal stipulations on education to keep education at the state and local levels... that is not about "cutting education"
2) Nobody is for replacing science.. merely not using government run schools to stomp all over the individual beliefs of families.. hell, you wish to mandate respect for 'alternative lifestyles', but you can't have the same respect for those of another belief??? Typical
3) How about a less complex and non-punishment based system of equal % taxation in combination with the reduction of government spending and government programs?
4) Work on infrastructure is being frowned upon?? Nope.. special interest projects, healthcare for non-contributors at the expense of contributors, THOSE are things being frowned upon
5) Name one person who has condoned torture.. and we're not talking about little things you WISH were deemed as torture
6) More war?? No.. Try defending the US, allowing the military to have the resources to get the job done, not handcuffing the military, not allowing despot regimes to run amok without extreme consequences, peace thru superior firepower, etc... nobody WANTS war, but we do wish to get rid of these 'no war for any reason' and 'appeasement' mantras

2) Nobody is for replacing science.. merely not using government run schools to stomp all over the individual beliefs of families.. hell, you wish to mandate respect for 'alternative lifestyles', but you can't have the same respect for those of another belief??? Typical

Are you SERIOUS? DO you actually BELIEVE this bullshit or did you simply pull it from Glenn Beck's website???

A gedanken experiment.

That is to say a "hypothetical" or literally "thought" experiment.
If Hypothetical has a King then theoretically this is it.
That's my hypothetical hypothesis and I'm sticking to it.

Are you SERIOUS? DO you actually BELIEVE this bullshit or did you simply pull it from Glenn Beck's website???

Show me one bill that has introduced eliminating science and replacing it with theological teaching only in public schools...

I'll be waiting

Hell... a student can even get out of frog dissection for 'beliefs'... but can have their personal religious beliefs mocked

If it were as simple of the statement of evolution being a scientific theory that is to be studied and graded upon, and that it is in no way to mean that the school system is attempting to thwart anyone's or any family's personal religious beliefs... I would be cool with that...
I am all for the teaching of science... but I am against using the school system as some indoctrination against faith beliefs... and I certainly am not for the ability to use 'God made it' as a way to pass all science exams

All they'd have to do is get Sandy Berger to work for them.

Show me one bill that has introduced eliminating science and replacing it with theological teaching only in public schools...

I'll be waiting

Hell... a student can even get out of frog dissection for 'beliefs'... but can have their personal religious beliefs mocked

If it were as simple of the statement of evolution being a scientific theory that is to be studied and graded upon, and that it is in no way to mean that the school system is attempting to thwart anyone's or any family's personal religious beliefs... I would be cool with that...
I am all for the teaching of science... but I am against using the school system as some indoctrination against faith beliefs... and I certainly am not for the ability to use 'God made it' as a way to pass all science exams

Science "mocks" personal religious beliefs???

Don't let the facts get in the way of your beliefs

and I certainly am not for the ability to use 'God made it' as a way to pass all science exams
Isn't that the answer to all science questions?
Why do things fall to earth?? Because God wants them to

Forum List

Back