Republicans open-fire on former V.P. candidate?!!!

So, it appears that > a few of the conservatives prefer to be "entertained" a la Beck, Limbough, & Palin as opposed to being "informed". Confirmed my suspicions.

why do you assume that that entertainment and enlightenment are mutually exclusive? I find the study of knowledge very entertaining. And I can learn from just about anyone.

Not to mention Beck's book list is incredibly informative.

LOL, you just admitted you all are Uppity. And you're right, most people aren't Happy with you uppity people..:lol:

Compared to you...as someone said...your shadow is uppity. It's not hard to do....in fact, we would have to work very hard to live down to your low expectations intellectually. But sorry for being uppity with the multi-syllable words.

:lol:
not to worry, I wouldn't ever want to live up to be as snooty and just down right bitchy as someone like you.

Ah...so that's what you call people who have an IQ of at least 3 digits. :eusa_whistle:

Compared to you...as someone said...your shadow is uppity. It's not hard to do....in fact, we would have to work very hard to live down to your low expectations intellectually. But sorry for being uppity with the multi-syllable words.

not to worry, I wouldn't ever want to live up to be as snooty and just down right bitchy as someone like you.

Ah...so that's what you call people who have an IQ of at least 3 digits. :eusa_whistle:

so what now, am I suppose to impressed?
Let me see, nope I'm not.
High IQ's doesn't MAKE a person a nice human being, for some it makes them insufferable people who believe they are BETTER than others. We see a lot of that on this board.

I hear more about Palin on USMB than I do anywhere else. If they quit posting about her here I would probably forget her name....

Oh she won't go away. She is going to make the GOP miserable for years to come. Between her and Batcrazy Bachmann, the GOP will once again, in 2012, bow to the all mighty Tea Baggers.

I think her handlers would be the last ones to tell her that she is embarrassing herself because they're getting paid.

I think her handlers would be the last ones to tell her that she is embarrassing herself because they're getting paid.

They only keep getting paid if she remains relevant and that means keeping her from being percieved as a joke. As far as Liberals commenting on sources of political information and entertainment, that is amusing given the number of left leaning people I have met who consider comedy central a news outlet. Stewart and Colbert are funny, but they are not actually journalists. (sorry if this upsets anyone, the shows definitely are good news program spoofs, but they are actually comedy shows).

They only keep getting paid if she remains relevant and that means keeping her from being percieved as a joke. As far as Liberals commenting on sources of political information and entertainment, that is amusing given the number of left leaning people I have met who consider comedy central a news outlet. Stewart and Colbert are funny, but they are not actually journalists. (sorry if this upsets anyone, the shows definitely are good news program spoofs, but they are actually comedy shows).

popularity doesn't have to be positive. Paris Hilton is/was popular as is Sheen. You know this right? She's a train wreck in slo-mo and enough people like watching implosions that her appearances get > just the usual assortment of kool-aid drinkers.

Last edited:
The established GOP will continue to discredit Palin as 2012 approaches. She is their biggest threat. She is the darling of the Tea Party, and as 2008 VP candidate, should be considered one of the front runners for the 2012 Presidential nomination. So, she needs to be slammed on a regular basis.

That will work until the Tea Party and the GOP come to odds. The the GOP will tuck their tail and hide, afraid that the Baggers will cost them seats in Congress. I guess they still don't realize that the Tea Party was the reason the GOP did not capture the Senate in 2008. Now they will be the reason the GOP loses the WH again in 2012.

Has Sarah Palin peaked? Poll numbers sag, and she's taking GOP friendly fire. - CSMonitor.com
In addition, several well-known conservatives criticized Palin in an article published Monday on the website Politico. Weekly Standard magazine writer Matt Labash told the website that Palin is "becoming Al Sharpton, Alaska edition" due to her "appeals to victimhood and group grievance." The same article quoted veteran conservative columnist George Will on Palin’s potential effect on an idea-driven conservative movement. Could the GOP remain the party of ideas if Palin were the presidential nominee? “The answer is emphatically no,” Mr. Will told Politico.
THANKFULLY, I haven't heard anything about or from her for a couple a weeks. Prolly because of that "blood libel" speech she gave, no doubt. Her handlers really botched that one eh? :( She should just take her $12 million and ride off into the sunset.

You have to admit that the accusations were ridiculous. Most likely they originated from the White House.

Cass Sunstein and his Availability Cascade theory at work.

Sunstein is currently Obama's Regulatory Czar.

Link

Availability Cascade Theory

An availability cascade is a self-reinforcing cycle that explains the development of certain kinds of collective beliefs. A novel idea or insight, usually one that seems to explain a complex process in a simple or straightforward manner, gains rapid currency in the popular discourse by its very simplicity and by its apparent insightfulness. Its rising popularity triggers a chain reaction within the social network: individuals adopt the new insight because other people within the network have adopted it, and on its face it seems plausible. The reason for this increased use and popularity of the new idea involves both the availability of the previously obscure term or idea, and the need of individuals using the term or idea to appear to be current with the stated beliefs and ideas of others, regardless of whether they in fact fully believe in the idea that they are expressing. Their need for social acceptance, and the apparent sophistication of the new insight, overwhelm their critical thinking.

This is in a nut-shell the entire aim of the Democratic party. Popular opinions and perceptions overrule reality.

Conspiracy Theories" and government infiltration

Sunstein co-authored a 2008 paper with Adrian Vermeule, titled "Conspiracy Theories," dealing with the risks and possible government responses to false conspiracy theories resulting from "cascades" of faulty information within groups that may ultimately lead to violence. In this article they wrote, "The existence of both domestic and foreign conspiracy theories, we suggest, is no trivial matter, posing real risks to the government’s antiterrorism policies, whatever the latter may be." They go on to propose that, "the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups",[21] where they suggest, among other tactics, "Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."[21] They refer, several times, to groups that promote the view that the US Government was responsible or complicit in the September 11 attacks as "extremist groups."

Sunstein and Vermeule also analyze the practice of recruiting "nongovernmental officials"; they suggest that "government can supply these independent experts with information and perhaps prod them into action from behind the scenes," further warning that "too close a connection will be self-defeating if it is exposed."[21] Sunstein and Vermeule argue that the practice of enlisting non-government officials, "might ensure that credible independent experts offer the rebuttal, rather than government officials themselves. There is a tradeoff between credibility and control, however. The price of credibility is that government cannot be seen to control the independent experts." This position has been criticized by some commentators,[22][23] who argue that it would violate prohibitions on government propaganda aimed at domestic citizens. Cass Sunstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem with having someone like Sunstein in any administration is that they can put this into practice and infiltrate messageboards and blog sites acting as non-governmental individuals and attempt to defuse discussion that have merit countering it with falsehoods merely by raising questions. At the same time they can remain detached from the debate thus not held responsible for it's direction or content. We most likely have a few of them here at USMB attempting to change the pattern of the debate to favor Obama even though Obama has been exposed as a liar or negligent in his duties on several occasions. These folks seem to have insiders information that is not readily available to the public. They can even direct you to links proving their point. It all seems straight forward on the surface but not all of the angles and possibilities are taken into account. They are experts, and they sound credible. Most of the time they are also being deceptive.

I know this post is a little long, but bear with me.

The danger is not only does the current administration fear false gossip but they also fear the truth and Sunstein believes that it's the government's job to control the dialog. This is a government intrusion that is unacceptable in a free society.

Last edited:

popularity doesn't have to be positive. Paris Hilton is/was popular as is Sheen. You know this right? She's a train wreck in slo-mo and enough people like watching implosions that her appearances get > just the usual assortment of kool-aid drinkers.

No political handler wants Paris Hilton or Charlie Sheen. Palin has a reality show, but she is a pundit not an actress and they aren't promoters, they are political strategists. The difference is night and day and they will not being getting employment elsewhere, or continuing where they are, if they continue this trend. Promoters live on the "any publicity is good publicity" standard, political strategists don't and they are judged in their profession accordingly.

so what now, am I suppose to impressed?
Let me see, nope I'm not.
High IQ's doesn't MAKE a person a nice human being, for some it makes them insufferable people who believe they are BETTER than others. We see a lot of that on this board.

I remember a POS professor in college who exhibited these traits. I needed to drop a Physics course because I discovered that I was in over my head. I needed the prerequisites that would have prepared me for the course. When I requested the drop the prof, the insufferable elitist pig that he was, refused. He said I needed to pay a price for being too stupid to finish his course. I talked to other students and almost every one of them had failed the course before and were retaking it to complete their degree. I had to go to another assistant professor to get a drop. This episode left an indelible impression on me, which is why I tend to be less then tolerant with Harvard grads that seem to think they know everything there is to know when obviously they don't.

Last edited:
ccsr6.png

I hear more about Palin on USMB than I do anywhere else. If they quit posting about her here I would probably forget her name....

Oh she won't go away. She is going to make the GOP miserable for years to come. Between her and Batcrazy Bachmann, the GOP will once again, in 2012, bow to the all mighty Tea Baggers.

Yes, Palin is not cool. Neither is Bachman.

Tea Baggers are racist.

Republicans in general are all rich, fat, bald, and white.

They just aren't cool.

Now the Dems. Now there's some cool MFs.

They give us shit. They lie to us, but we expect them to lie. Everybody lies. As long as they win and continue to help the oppressed we'll keep voting for them. Even though they don't solve problems and everything they touch turns into shit, we'll keep voting their worthless asses into office because they stand up for the people man!!. :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back