For Black Republicans, pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is an obligatory fiction

History, data and statistics have shown us it has DEFINITELY not leveled the playing field.
Or maybe you just can't play the game.

He probably did, but since one black child was successful at 15yrs old does that mean every other black kids is going to graduate at 15yrs old?
No, but where is the racism and discrimination that held him back?

thank God they probably didn't have a road block racist like you in the way.
Are you calling me a racist? I'm in your way? Anyone's? How so?

You should know that better than anyone, as many fists as you have thrown up to black and brown folks.
Really? Fists now? Can you show me one of them? When will you stop using racism as your pet excuse covering for all of your lack of effort?

Been playing it for many years, it's sad when you have to play the field and the referees as well.
Obviously he fought through it.
Your posts speak for themselves.
Really? Fists now? Can you show me one of them? When will you stop using racism as your pet excuse covering for all of your lack of effort?
An attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify:

Racism and discrimination are real in this country.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Been playing it for many years,
Not too well by the looks of it.

Obviously he fought through it.
Obviously, he applied himself and took advantage of all the opportunity that is available. You?

Your posts speak for themselves.
Do they now? How so? So then obviously do YOURS.

Racism and discrimination are real in this country.
You prove it everyday. If it ever ended, you'd have to actually get up and take full responsibility for yourself for a change instead of always hanging the blame on others.

“The second key maneuver, which flowed naturally from the first, was to redefine racism itself. Confronted with civil rights headlines depicting unflattering portrayals of KKK rallies and jackbooted sheriffs, white authority transformed those damning images of white supremacy into the sole definition of racism. This simple but wickedly brilliant conceptual and linguistic shift served multiple purposes. First and foremost, it was conscience soothing. The whittling down of racism to sheet-wearing goons allowed a cloud of racial innocence to cover many whites who, although ‘resentful of black progress’ and determined to ensure that racial inequality remained untouched, could see and project themselves as the ‘kind of upstanding white citizen(s)’ who were ‘positively outraged at the tactics of the Ku Klux Klan”. The focus on the Klan also helped to designate racism as an individual aberration rather than something systemic, institutional and pervasive.” - Carol Anderson

Forum List

Back