Republicans open-fire on former V.P. candidate?!!!

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Has Sarah Palin peaked? Poll numbers sag, and she's taking GOP friendly fire. - CSMonitor.com
In addition, several well-known conservatives criticized Palin in an article published Monday on the website Politico. Weekly Standard magazine writer Matt Labash told the website that Palin is "becoming Al Sharpton, Alaska edition" due to her "appeals to victimhood and group grievance." The same article quoted veteran conservative columnist George Will on Palin’s potential effect on an idea-driven conservative movement. Could the GOP remain the party of ideas if Palin were the presidential nominee? “The answer is emphatically no,” Mr. Will told Politico.
THANKFULLY, I haven't heard anything about or from her for a couple a weeks. Prolly because of that "blood libel" speech she gave, no doubt. Her handlers really botched that one eh? :( She should just take her $12 million and ride off into the sunset.

Palin is like diet coke.

She looks great but her politics are less filling (lacks substance).

She did rather well riding her gravy train. I really thought she'd be gone and forgotten by end of 2008.

I tend not to care what Palin is up to until someone mentions it in an attempt to attack her.

Whether she has peaked or not, who knows. It's not like I expect her to be our parties candidate next year. Never did.

Palin will not be on the GOP ticket.

I don't think there will be anyone on the GOP ticket to get excited over anyway.

As a stastitic, incumbent Presidents get reelected to office 69% of the time. 2012 heavily favors Obama historically.

It will be a decision between two lame-o's, just like every other Presidential election I have in my living memory.

Palin will not be on the GOP ticket.

Of course she won't. She will be the Tea Party candidate.

While I know the modern Tea Party originated from Ron Paul's 2008 primary campaign, after Obama's election it was channeled and taken over by Fox News and the Republican elite.

Now that they won in 2010, the tea party has been conveniently discarded more or less. I don't think they'll be a force in 2012.

Can you believe the stupid titles these people come up with.

I wonder if the "open fire" in the title won't make SOMEONE go out and shoot someone like those pesky rifle sites on a map did.

And who the hell is MR. WILL? and why the hell do I give a shit what he says.

poor politico is becoming as USELESS as the National Enquire

Has Sarah Palin peaked? Poll numbers sag, and she's taking GOP friendly fire. - CSMonitor.com
In addition, several well-known conservatives criticized Palin in an article published Monday on the website Politico. Weekly Standard magazine writer Matt Labash told the website that Palin is "becoming Al Sharpton, Alaska edition" due to her "appeals to victimhood and group grievance." The same article quoted veteran conservative columnist George Will on Palin’s potential effect on an idea-driven conservative movement. Could the GOP remain the party of ideas if Palin were the presidential nominee? “The answer is emphatically no,” Mr. Will told Politico.
THANKFULLY, I haven't heard anything about or from her for a couple a weeks. Prolly because of that "blood libel" speech she gave, no doubt. Her handlers really botched that one eh? :( She should just take her $12 million and ride off into the sunset.

And whom cares? By all the answers thusfar? Only you.

I wonder if the "open fire" in the title won't make SOMEONE go out and shoot someone like those pesky rifle sites on a map did.

Who is Mr. Will? Are you serious?:eusa_eh:
veteran conservative columnist George Will
He's only been the leading conservative commentator for the last 10+ yrs.

BTW- this story ISN'T from Politico, its from the Christian Science Monitor.

Last edited:
I thought enlightened people weren't going to use language like "open fire" in political arguments any more? Libs even created a big show of creating a academic center in Arizona dedicated to more reasonable speech but it was just for show and political leverage. The dirty little secret is that democrats are the primary source of angry hate-filled rhetoric.

I thought enlightened people weren't going to use language like "open fire" in political arguments any more? Libs even created a big show of creating a academic center in Arizona dedicated to more reasonable speech but it was just for show and political leverage. The dirty little secret is that democrats are the primary source of angry hate-filled rhetoric.

It's from the Christian Science Monitor:

she's taking GOP friendly fire. - CSMonitor.com

I gues CS didn't get the memo either. Does that excuse lefties from using incindiary rhetoric that they claim caused the shooting of a congresswoman by a maniac?

She is still quite popular but also smart enough to know that she won't win a primary, she is having too much fun making all that money and saying exactly what she means. I like her for that, she can reallly fire up a crowd.

I gues CS didn't get the memo either. Does that excuse lefties from using incindiary rhetoric that they claim caused the shooting of a congresswoman by a maniac?

I guess they're using it inre: the one person in the country who can't cry foul due to her being the queen of violent electoral rhetoric.

Oh so COMMENTATORS are now to be taken serious like Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, etc
and this stupid article was first posted up on Politico and POSTED HERE already..There is a search button on the top of the site, you being new here might not know that.

Last edited:
I may not be the only one who predicted it....but I DID predict quite a while ago that Palin would have to face the Republican gauntlet LONG before she would face any Democrats. It's starting now.

Oh so COMMENTATORS are now to be taken serious like Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, etc
and this stupid article was first posted up on Politico and POSTED HERE already. search can be your friend.
Those two, that you mentioned, are info-tainers. Will is a syndicated columnist. There's a difference. Why does it not surprise me that a conservative minion doesn't know the diff?
George Frederick Will (born May 4, 1941) is an American newspaper columnist, journalist, and author. He is a Pulitzer Prize-winner best known for his conservative commentary on politics. By the mid 1980s the Wall Street Journal reported he was "perhaps the most powerful journalist in America," in a league with Walter Lippmann (1899–1975).[1]

Last edited:
I may not be the only one who predicted it....but I DID predict quite a while ago that Palin would have to face the Republican gauntlet LONG before she would face any Democrats. It's starting now.

I'm sure she's sceeeeeerd.

Forum List

Back