Obama watches NCAA Basketball Tournament while Japan suffers

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Who does the guy think he is?

Japan suffering from a nucular meltdown while Libya revolts and Obama just watches a Basketball game?

Will the indignities ever end?

It's symbolic. It's why he is not a true leader. A true leader would realize "I can't do shit about Libya or Japan or the economy right now, but, the public seeing me watch a basketball game while the world burns is poor leadership, the people need something to believe in and I must be a small part of that."

So, there it is. Like Bush in the classroom on 9-11. His reaction couldnt change anything. But he knew the public seeing a calm, firm president was important.

But, we have Obama. Vacations, golf, basketball, parties. No leadership. Whatever. 1-20-2013.

It's a sad reflection on our times that the president would take time off for such indulgences.
At lest Bush read " My pet goat"

He's going to Rio on spring break while the midwest and the northeast is going through record flooding, Moammar is killing people in his own country, three nuclear reactors are in danger of meltdown and food prices are in a spike we haven't seen since Jerry Ford was president. Stay there Mr. president, who needs you?

Who does the guy think he is?

Japan suffering from a nucular meltdown while Libya revolts and Obama just watches a Basketball game?

Will the indignities ever end?

Originally Obama chose Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin and himself for the top four spots. Let's hope the "Patriot" in Chief is in his Final Four (years), though I don't see any hope in the GOP brackets for 2012.

The war in Afghanistan poses a more immediate threat to American citizens, our soldiers are getting killed every week. Japan is not part of the United States and what is happening over there is not a National Security threat. Yes there may be a radiation hazard at some future point but even then it appears it will be minimal exposure. So why should he stay in the White House situation room?????

Leadership has never been his strong point. Maybe his teleprompter is broken?
Somewhere, Jimmy Carter is celebrating..............

leavealone.jpg

Look at the president's past performance in the last (long long) two years. Every time a difficult issue came up the president took a trip. When the going gets tough Obama gets going.

I really never expected the President to do much about Japan. He's the President of the United States. Not Japan. True, we can be a good neighbor. But I still think most of the action should come through private charity.

It's symbolic. It's why he is not a true leader. A true leader would realize "I can't do shit about Libya or Japan or the economy right now, but, the public seeing me watch a basketball game while the world burns is poor leadership, the people need something to believe in and I must be a small part of that."

So, there it is. Like Bush in the classroom on 9-11. His reaction couldnt change anything. But he knew the public seeing a calm, firm president was important.

But, we have Obama. Vacations, golf, basketball, parties. No leadership. Whatever. 1-20-2013.

So you're looking for a photo-op and that would show leadership?

Last time I checked Obama wasn't the Prime Minister of Japan...

I appreciate your concern for the Japanese.

I bet you like their gun control laws as well.

Obama is a orator, period and nothing more! Community organizers spend their time cheer leading and speaking, while others are expected to do the action steps!

He's going to Rio on spring break while the midwest and the northeast is going through record flooding, Moammar is killing people in his own country, three nuclear reactors are in danger of meltdown and food prices are in a spike we haven't seen since Jerry Ford was president. Stay there Mr. president, who needs you?

and bloomberg was in bermuda while ny was snowed in... and chris christie was in disneyworld when nj was...

i love all you i hate government types whining that he isn't holding your hand b/c of something happening in japan.

loons.

Last edited:
Last time I checked Obama wasn't the Prime Minister of Japan...

I appreciate your concern for the Japanese.

I bet you like their gun control laws as well.

What on earth does gun control have to do with what's going on in Japan? I mean other than Obama trying to make an executive order in an effort to ban more of them while this crisis is going on.

I really never expected the President to do much about Japan. He's the President of the United States. Not Japan. True, we can be a good neighbor. But I still think most of the action should come through private charity.

But Obama would rather be the President of China. He said it!!!

Has There Ever Been An American President Who Wanted To Be President Of China? | Flopping Aces

Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.”

Forum List

Back