Republicans Let Down America On Automaker Bailout

For cryin' out loud, did you see that documentary where random Obama voters were interviewed? They made Cletus and Jessimie look like Einstein’s.

And you are so naive that you think that scenario could not be reversed with McCain voters? If so, you could easily be substituted for any of the people in the documentary.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

Last edited:
The Big 3 will get help.. Just not from congress, the white house will be stepping in..

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Bush administration said Friday it might use taxpayer dollars set aside to bail out banks and Wall Street firms to keep troubled U.S. automakers out of bankruptcy.

The administration's announcement, which reverses its previous position on how to help the auto industry, effectively revives a bailout proposal killed by senators of the president's own party just hours earlier. That plan had the support of congressional Democrats and the White House, but would have used a different source of funds to provide $14 billion in federal loans.

The move could provide an 11th-hour short-term lifeline to General Motors (GM, Fortune 500) and Chrysler LLC, which have warned they are within weeks of running out of the cash they need to continue to operate.

The defeat of a $14 billion bailout plan in the Senate late Thursday left the administration little choice but to tap the $700 billion bailout approved by Congress in October, the Troubled Asset Relief Program or TARP.

"Given the current weakened state of the U.S. economy, we will consider other options if necessary -- including use of the TARP program -- to prevent a collapse of troubled automakers," White House Press Secretary Dana Perino said in a statement. "A precipitous collapse of this industry would have a severe impact on our economy."

Talking to reporters after the release of the statement, Perino said that President Bush had met with aides Friday morning to discuss options.

Details of when the help might be provided out of TARP, how much money would be made available, and any restrictions on the cash were not immediately available. The Treasury Department, which controls the TARP fund, also said it was looking at using the remaining money as stopgap help for the automakers.

"Because Congress failed to act, we will stand ready to prevent an imminent failure until Congress reconvenes and acts to address the long-term viability of the industry," Treasury said in a statement.

Wall Street bailout fund may be used to save autos - Dec. 12, 2008

The American people did not want the Congress to pass the TRAP bill or the President to sign it into law. We, the majority, expressed our opinion in writing and through telephone calls - and they admitted it.

The Adiministration and Congress of the United Stated determined that they, and they alone, know more than the American people who sent them to Washington, to represent us.

I have written them to express my concern regarding this matter. I hope you have done the same.

i did, I have the inane responses from my senators to prove it.

All I know is that my dad worked for Ford back when Reagan was president and Reagan did something that saved jobs.

The plant went from 1 shift to 3.

So it sort of undid all the bad things Reagan did in the eyes of us middle class union workers. It's why Reagan won Michigan back then twice.

And Bush is going to save us. I can't believe it.

It used to seem like I was always blaming Bush, when I just used his name because he is the figure head.

And you guys tried to put all the blame on Bush, or you tried to "distance" yourselves from Bush.

Now all of the sudden Bush is reasonable and you redneck southern hillbillies make me sick!!! One last turn of the knife before you leave office.

He's reasonable, he's going to help you and take one last turn of the knife?? Now that's just plain lunacy!

You're no more informed than those people imo. :eusa_hand:

You have to be one of the most disgusting entities I’ve ever had the unfortunate displeasure of running into on the internet. Not because you’re an ignorant left wing retard which we all know you are but, because you’re one of the corporate leaches that destroy businesses. It really pisses me off knowing that people willing to give 110% to an employer are unemployed while leaches like you are sucking the lifes blood out of the companies you work for. Some people may think it’s a joke that your on a message board all day while charging some company for your time but, whether they realize it or not, we’re all paying for your stupid ass be here espousing your dribble

Rest assured you asshole, if I knew your name and who you worked for I’d be in touch with the HR department of that company today.

And you are so naive that you think that scenario could not be reversed with McCain voters? If so, you could easily be substituted for any of the people in the documentary.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

Great, use a Brit to make a point about American voters. My reply was a counter point to DavidS. So, MYOFB.

I don't think anything will save us. I just went to lunch with 3 salesmen. I said, "you don't think our jobs are next? You don't think some rednecks down south will do what we do for less? We make $70k give or take. You don't think someone in the south will do it for less?".

And one of them says, "they already have customer service reps stealing our orders in Fort Worth that only make $30K".

America is doomed. And it's the dirty south that's gonna take us down. Republicans. Conservatives. Bible Belters.

We thought we won in November? Think again. It's the new Civil War.

Well just like Lincoln controlled the Federal Government, Obama has it now. We have the military, thank God. We control the purse strings starting Jan 20 2009. :eusa_pray: Thank God!

But it's too late. Wages are going down. The South will take our $30 hr jobs for $15 and fuck up the entire economy, and they'll benefit from it.

Isn't that how they lost the Civil war? We had all the industry? Well their taking it back.

I suggest they manufacture and buy foreign cars and we should support our Big 3. Ford should buy Chrysler and then GM and Ford will be the Big 2.

And no more Free fucking federal tax dollars for Toyota and Honda. Alabama has given them so many tax breaks it is sickening. Yet they vote not to give American car companies any $? :cuckoo:

No more pork for Alabama.

Amazing how patriotic you guys were for war but not on this issue. Pitting American workers against each other. When there are more people than there are jobs, people will work for much less. You have sold your fellow American workers out.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

your the one keeps spewing "revenge" and calling us names so too bad,, I would'nt pay you 70 grand to stay on the computer and argue with me either you big DUmmie.

[YOUTUBE]C_ksYL26lZE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
You have to be one of the most disgusting entities I’ve ever had the unfortunate displeasure of running into on the internet. Not because you’re an ignorant left wing retard which we all know you are but, because you’re one of the corporate leaches that destroy businesses. It really pisses me off knowing that people willing to give 110% to an employer are unemployed while leaches like you are sucking the lifes blood out of the companies you work for. Some people may think it’s a joke that your on a message board all day while charging some company for your time but, whether they realize it or not, we’re all paying for your stupid ass be here espousing your dribble

Rest assured you asshole, if I knew your name and who you worked for I’d be in touch with the HR department of that company today.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I not only make my goals, I make max my bonus' you little bitch.

I would love to see what you or any of you right wing cock suckers do all day.

You work soooo hard. Is that why they're going down south? No. They go because you work for less.

Thanks for admitting you are jealous. You want my job, so you can get paid the big bucks to do nothing. Hell, you'll take half. That's why you'd sell me out. :clap2:

None of you work hard, or any harder than me or anyone else.

Some people go on MSNBC and shop, some play solitare, some go to gossip sites, I come here.

I just got up and walked around and very few people are making calls. It's friday and the boss is gone.

Now cut our pay $10K for slacking!

Who are you people? What does NoBama do for a living that he's such a corporate lap dog bitch?

Last edited:
I not only make my goals, I make max my bonus' you little bitch.

I would love to see what you or any of you right wing cock suckers do all day.

You work soooo hard. Is that why they're going down south? No. They go because you work for less.

Thanks for admitting you are jealous. You want my job, so you can get paid the big bucks to do nothing. Hell, you'll take half. That's why you'd sell me out. :clap2:

PM me your name and the name of the company you work for, you snot nosed punk. After I talk to the HR rep, I’ll email him/her that PM information. Let’s see how the company feels about you using their time to promote your blathering on the internet all day.

I dare you, you weasel.

PM me your name and the name of the company you work for, you snot nosed punk. After I talk to the HR rep, I’ll email him/her that PM information. Let’s see how the company feels about you using their time to promote your blathering on the internet all day.

I dare you, you weasel.

Yea right. What are you doing right now by the way? Who do you work for? What's the company name? You go first.

Yea right. What are you doing right now by the way? Who do you work for? What's the company name? You go first.
He has his own company and makes (personal income) over $250,000 per year. Weren't you around when he was shilling for Joe the Plumber?

He has his own company and makes (personal income) over $250,000 per year. Weren't you around when he was shilling for Joe the Plumber?

Then he is the perfect example of the typical business owner who makes way too much when his employees, who he clearly thinks are slacking off like I am right now, do all the work.

He expects 110% and thinks he actually gives 120%.

I know so many people like him.

And I doubt he makes Joe the Plumber money.

But I want him to tell me what company he owns. What's the address. Telephone too.

He wanted me to tell him what company I work for, and my real name. Like I would give a traitor to America all that information.

But I will ask for that much information. So I hope he tells me more about himself. Little bitch. All his employees make fun of him and they steal from him and they don't like him. He'll say he doesn't care but really he does.

Thank God for these boards or I'd feel sorry for his employees.

I dare you, you weasel.

PM me your name and home tele/address.

No, this bailout was stealing from the American taxpayer to prop up more failed businesses. Any Senator or Congressman that opposed it did their duty to their constituents.
bailoutyk2osk.jpg

PM me your name and home tele/address.

Sure, I'll do that weasel. First, send me the info I asked for and after I verify it, I'll PM mine to you.

Oh wait, you already replied with your neg rep comment: "CAN'T DO IT COCK SUCKER". I'd return the rep but, I refuse to stoop to your level.

Sure, I'll do that weasel. First, send me the info I asked for and after I verify it, I'll PM mine to you.

Oh wait, you already replied with your neg rep comment: "CAN'T DO IT COCK SUCKER". I'd return the rep but, I refuse to stoop to your level.

I'll be honest, I won't give you my info. But since you asked me for my info, you must have the balls/courage to give me yours.

I'll call you after work. I may even look you up when I go down south for my cheap vacation.

I love your cigarette rates, hotel rates, grits, warm weather, and your southern women are easy.

Serously, you had the balls to ask me for personal info, so lets see if you have the balls to give your out. I won't hold my breath.

Forum List

Back