Republicans Let Down America On Automaker Bailout

It wasn't Republicans who let America down - it was GM who let America down. The way they've been running things, in which they've even admitted to screwing things up, they've run GM into the ground. The CEO of GM needs to step down, GM needs to enter a government backed Chapter 11 bankruptcy and the company needs to re-organize under NEW managment. This gives its workers the opportunity to find other jobs while they still have a job and are still making an income and if GM can't survive bankruptcy, then screw GM. They produce shit products and expect us to buy it and like it. Ford doesn't need to enter bankruptcy because they've made smart deciesions, not stupid ones like Wagner did. So now my taxpayer dollars have to help these idiots because they can't help themselves. Anyone who thinks $14 billion is the limit is an idiot. We're going to have to pay at least $100 billion to rescue GM and Chrysler.

And now Bush is open to this??? If Bush was open to this last week when Congress demanded he do something about this under TARP, he should've fuckin' done something last week and not sit on his hands until now. Goddamn this is THE WORST president we have EVER had.

Now, the vote was 52-35. The Dems have the majority. So how is this a Republicans screwed us issue? Looks like you couldn't even get 40 Dems to vote for it.

If you'll notice, there were 13 Senators who didn't vote... 12 actually since Obama's seat is vacant. Biden and Clinton couldn't vote on this so 9. Where were the other 9 senators??

you haven't belonged to the united states of America for the last eight years,, and the money won't help you still will fail,, you've been failing for years now, you are a loser,,

We were profitable in 1999. What changed?

Did you see gas going up to over $4 a gallon?

Reagan bailed out the Big 3 and it's partly why he was considered a great president by all. And his bailout worked.

And this is just a loan. The American Taxpayers will make money on the deal.

They'll also lose a lot more than they think if the Big 3 go bankrupt.

You don't get it and never will.

And I love you Republicans proving just how unAmerican you are.

Expect the same treatment you got after the Civil war.

And what kind of car did Bo & Luke Duke drive in the new Dukes of Hazard Movie? Was it a Honda or Toyota.

No, it was a 69 Dodge Charger.

Newsmax.com

When Ron Paul speaks people should listen!

Honestly, except for his Bill Maher graffy about the Civil War, everything the man says seems to make sense! Still tough for me to support him because of a little country in the ME, but he makes sense!

If you'll notice, there were 13 Senators who didn't vote... 12 actually since Obama's seat is vacant. Biden and Clinton couldn't vote on this so 9. Where were the other 9 senators??

Well the chair doesn't vote. That's one. But, Clinton hasn't resigned her seat, so she could have voted. So, Biden and Obama that's 2 plus the chair, that's 3.

Hmmmmm......Sealy name 5 blue dog dems in the senate. I don't believe it.

Reagan bailed out the Big 3 and it's partly why he was considered a great president by all. And his bailout worked.

And this is just a loan. The American Taxpayers will make money on the deal. Yes, asshole that's what they told us about the mortgages too, I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now..
They'll also lose a lot more than they think if the Big 3 go bankrupt. Don't see how
You don't get it and never will. Can you guarantee the 14 Billion will fix themright up and they won't be back for more?? Can you?And I love you Republicans proving just how unAmerican you are. It's my turn to be un-American you had your fun the last eight years..
Expect the same treatment you got after the Civil war. DUmmie, I wasn't around after the civil war.
And what kind of car did Bo & Luke Duke drive in the new Dukes of Hazard Movie? Was it a Honda or Toyota. Who gives a shit? bobo?

Buy Toyota! They know quality..

Last edited:
Well the chair doesn't vote. That's one. But, Clinton hasn't resigned her seat, so she could have voted. So, Biden and Obama that's 2 plus the chair, that's 3.

Hmmmmm......Sealy name 5 blue dog dems in the senate. I don't believe it.

Obama resigned his seat, remember?

Clinton and Biden have to remain neutral, so they couldn't vote.

And why couldn't the chair vote? There have always been bills passed that the vote is equal to 100.

And this is just a loan. The American Taxpayers will make money on the deal.

They'll also lose a lot more than they think if the Big 3 go bankrupt.

You don't get it and never will.

And I love you Republicans proving just how unAmerican you are.

Expect the same treatment you got after the Civil war.

And what kind of car did Bo & Luke Duke drive in the new Dukes of Hazard Movie? Was it a Honda or Toyota.

He did not. He told them to pound sand. Chrylser did get a loan in 1981 or so I think. But when the big 3 came begging he said NFW.

Yes, Republicans let the country down because GM and Chrysler couldn't build my sons power wheels properly

Or maybe because these Union people are the greediest bunch of fuckers ever

Maybe its because the companies didn't have the forsight to plan for the future and for more competition.

Yes, its all the GOP..

Obama's going to install military dictators in the south and take away their Congressional representation?

Boy would THAT improve this country. Uncle Cletus and Aunt Jessimie have about an IQ of 50 combined. But hey, you southerners got your country music and your pick 'em up trucks in which you haul..... absolutely nothing in.

Boy would THAT improve this country. Uncle Cletus and Aunt Jessimie have about an IQ of 50 combined. But hey, you southerners got your country music and your pick 'em up trucks in which you haul..... absolutely nothing in.

I live in Ohio, not the south.

He did not. He told them to pound sand. Chrylser did get a loan in 1981 or so I think. But when the big 3 came begging he said NFW.

All I know is that my dad worked for Ford back when Reagan was president and Reagan did something that saved jobs.

The plant went from 1 shift to 3.

So it sort of undid all the bad things Reagan did in the eyes of us middle class union workers. It's why Reagan won Michigan back then twice.

And Bush is going to save us. I can't believe it.

It used to seem like I was always blaming Bush, when I just used his name because he is the figure head.

And you guys tried to put all the blame on Bush, or you tried to "distance" yourselves from Bush.

Now all of the sudden Bush is reasonable and you redneck southern hillbillies make me sick!!! One last turn of the knife before you leave office.

I spent 11 years in the South. Believe me, it's not a stereotype when it's true.

dude, you know shit...Everyone in NYC are fucking geniuses right...I met some of the dumbest motherfuckers living there just like there are dumb motherfuckers here.

I live in the south now...I mean everyone can sterotype if we wanted to right

I mean a jew from Brooklyn...let me guess...are you an accountant? Do you own a Jewlery store? Let me guess...You live in Sheepshead Bay!

Forum List

Back