Republicans have elected just six blacks to major office in 70 years

Five Congressmen, one senator, no governors, no presidents

In an embarrassing example of inclusiveness, Republicans have almost never selected blacks to represent them. While they claim they only consider character and qualifications in selecting Republican candidates, they somehow have selected white candidates in thousands of elections while only finding six blacks qualified to wear the Republican banner
Maybe because those were the only smart ones. What a racist thread.

there'd probably be more if it weren't for racists like you that are hung up on skin color

So you think black voters are all racists?

no, i think rightwinger and you are racists.

i said nothing at all about black voters, racist.

go home and iron your hood; your point is drooping

Why is discussing the relation of race and politics immediately met with accusations of racism? Is there any way to discuss race in this country without being accused of racism?

If you think I have twisted the numbers, you are welcome to point that out. If you think there is a valid explanation for the numbers, you are free to provide it. So far, all I have received is profanity and accusations of racism

The numbers are what they are. If you think having only six black republicans elected in70 years is trivial, you are free to draw that conclusion

racist democrats refuse to support black republicans when they run; i think it's left over butthurt from losing their slaves.

:dunno:

Not true. I'm all for a Herb Cain nomination. Just ask my black friend.

Five Congressmen, one senator, no governors, no presidents

In an embarrassing example of inclusiveness, Republicans have almost never selected blacks to represent them. While they claim they only consider character and qualifications in selecting Republican candidates, they somehow have selected white candidates in thousands of elections while only finding six blacks qualified to wear the Republican banner

And yet Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 all appointed more blacks to high office then any other Presidents. As I recall the last black Congressman that was Republican was booted out of the Black Caucus with the saying it wasn't so much a Black caucus as a Democratic one.

And when Blacks do run for high office on the Republican ticket you liberals and democrats call them Uncle Tom's, traitors to their race, ****** ( with not one bad word from the press) and a whole slew of racial epitaphs and cartoons.

Remember Colin Powell and Condi Rice were called? I do. Remember the cartoons? I do. Except for Powell the left STILL attacks Condi Rice for the color of her skin.

And lets recall the Civil Rights movement shall we? 80 percent of the Republican Senators and Congressman voted for it over and over. meanwhile only 60 percent of the Democrats did.

Why do blacks vote democrat in large numbers? We all know the answer to THAT one. What party did Martin Luther King belong too again?

The Democrats have turned hard working black families into single parent families on welfare and little to no work ethic. All in 50 short years.

How can you claim the republican party is not racist when they can NOT garner many black votes?

Why is discussing the relation of race and politics immediately met with accusations of racism? Is there any way to discuss race in this country without being accused of racism?

If you think I have twisted the numbers, you are welcome to point that out. If you think there is a valid explanation for the numbers, you are free to provide it. So far, all I have received is profanity and accusations of racism

The numbers are what they are. If you think having only six black republicans elected in70 years is trivial, you are free to draw that conclusion

unlike you, racist, i don't judge people by their skin color.

sorry

The NHL is racist!

It's the ONLY explanation.

racist democrats refuse to support black republicans when they run; i think it's left over butthurt from losing their slaves.

:dunno:

Why do Republicans need Democratic support to get their candidates elected? Democrats do not support Republican candidates regardless of their race. Black candidates need Republican support to get elected

The NHL is racist!

Didn't I already annihilate this point?

So your opening post was not insinuating that Republicans are racist because only the people you listed have ever run and won under the Republican banner?

The republican party can NEVER prove its not racist until it can win the votes of minorties in a large numbers.

The NHL is racist!

Didn't I already annihilate this point?
Nope.

The NHL is racist!

Hate to bring it up, but the NHL has had more black players over the last 70 years than the Republican party has elected

Forum List

Back