Republicans have elected just six blacks to major office in 70 years

Your party can NOT get arround the fact that you give people of color no reasons to vote for your party.

Why is discussing the relation of race and politics immediately met with accusations of racism? Is there any way to discuss race in this country without being accused of racism?

If you think I have twisted the numbers, you are welcome to point that out. If you think there is a valid explanation for the numbers, you are free to provide it. So far, all I have received is profanity and accusations of racism

The numbers are what they are. If you think having only six black republicans elected in70 years is trivial, you are free to draw that conclusion

unlike you, racist, i don't judge people by their skin color.

sorry

And you should be very proud. It still does not explain the numbers. Why is my pointing out a gross disparity in the race of candidates racism?

What you are saying is that race does not matter to republicans and the fact that republicans rarely elect blacks is proof of that.

They have to run as a Republican or independent first.

What is the percentage of Democrats electing republicans?

Last edited:
The NHL is racist!

It's the ONLY explanation.

Hate to bring it up, but the NHL has had more black players over the last 70 years than the Republican party has elected
Hate to bring it up, but there are more persons who have been NHL players in the last 70 years than there have been Republican congressmen or Republican senators (national).

Currently, only 28 out of almost 700 players are black (not including any contracted ones).

The ONLY explanation is that the NHL is racist, using your rational.

Actually, the NHL is a good comparison base.

There are 700 players in the NHL and 586 Congressmen, Senators, Governors and Presidents. If you go back 50 years, there were only 60 NHL hockey players

28 blacks out of 700 players is a much better ratio than 6 blacks out of approximately 5000 elected Republicans over 70 years

If anything, the NHL is doing a better job of attracting blacks, the Republican party is not

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8-PlnJ3kkk]The Three Stooges - A Plumbing We Will Go (2 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

Why do Republicans need Democratic support to get their candidates elected? Democrats do not support Republican candidates regardless of their race. Black candidates need Republican support to get elected

are you this stupid in real life?

really?

I must be...

You will have to explain to me how republicans require democratic votes to get elected

because they don't have a majority in most congressional districts and states, you racist moron. :lol:

D.C., Hawaii Most Democratic, Utah Most Republican State in '11

do you need instructions to open a coke bottle?

Hate to bring it up, but the NHL has had more black players over the last 70 years than the Republican party has elected
Hate to bring it up, but there are more persons who have been NHL players in the last 70 years than there have been Republican congressmen or Republican senators (national).

Currently, only 28 out of almost 700 players are black (not including any contracted ones).

There are 700 players in the NHL and 586 Congressmen, Senators, Governors and Presidents. If you go back 50 years, there were only 60 NHL hockey players

28 blacks out of 700 players is a much better ratio than 6 blacks out of approximately 5000 elected Republicans over 70 years

If anything, the NHL is doing a better job of attracting blacks, the Republican party is not
There have been 5000 elected Republican US Congressmen and Senators in the last 70 years?

None of you righies are answering the question except the ones who want to insult black voters?

WHY?

are you this stupid in real life?

really?

I must be...

You will have to explain to me how republicans require democratic votes to get elected

because they don't have a majority in most congressional districts and states, you racist moron. :lol:

D.C., Hawaii Most Democratic, Utah Most Republican State in '11

do you need instructions to open a coke bottle?

You seem to assume that all people are either Democrat or Republican. Ever hear of independents?

You do know those coke bottles have twist tops now don't you?

Rightwinger didn't vote for Alan Keys "LIKE I DID"

THEREFORE HE IS A RACIST

This is the kind of this that a racist Republican would say.

Have you met my black friend?

Actually its an exact duplicate of what he is saying only reworded. We don't do as he does therefore we are racist.

The difference is mine is factual no?

You didn't vote for him either did you?

You must be racist too.

There have been 5000 elected Republican US Congressmen and Senators in the last 70 years?

Assuming they have averaged 50% of available seats.....yes

Facts never interfere with republican mind control, I am going to wait for a republican to say, 'poor record for the party of Lincoln.' But I won't hold my breath. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back