Republican Jesus

It's hilarious to watch you people misinterpret the Bible...lol

It reminds me of when people use the Bible to justify slavery.
who is you people ?
I'm an atheist ,
you've just showcased CHRISTIAN SCHISMS .

You people are the folks who narrow mindedly take an incomplete passage from the Bible to prove something.

You chose 1Peter, Chapter 2, but failed to read the whole chapter:

18 Slaves l, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

So, you're not only trying to use scripture to show the The Bible supports overbearing large government, you're also using it to justify slavery.

Good job!!...lol
not relevant .
I presented it from an objective pov ( as an atheist the only way I could)
it's for you believers to duke it out .
I'll just sit back with a snack and watch the fun.

No, you made yourself look foolish. And have justification to slavery.
hey asshole don't pretend to know my motivation. also slavery never needed any justification as the bible so clearly shows.
as to me caring if you think I made a fool of myself ,that's as meaningless as it is hilarious .

You used a passage that justifies slavery, to prove that the Bible purports the use of government to tax the shit out of people. Then, you claim that slavery needs no justification?...LMAO

What the hell is going on with the radical left? Are they going nuts? Madeline Halfbright says "there is a special place in hell" for women who don't vote for Hillary and now we get a lecture from atheists and agnostics about what Jesus thinks on the freaking political forum.

That's damn funny cuz the truth is that it's you RWNJ traitors who constantly preach that you know what god thinks and wants.

Read this thread for example. It's ssdd from you phony christians.

All anyone has to do is read what the "christians" say to know you're anything but -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it, you think Jesus looks like;

View attachment 63101

Makes sense, he IS the god of democrats....
Religious Belief
During these two years (i.e. October 1836 to January 1839) I was led to think much about religion. Whilst on board the Beagle I was quite orthodox, and I remember being heartily laughed at by several of the officers (though themselves orthodox) for quoting the Bible as an unanswerable authority on some point of morality. I suppose it was the novelty of the argument that amused them. But I had gradually come, by this time, to see that the Old Testament from its manifestly false history of the world, with the Tower of Babel, the rainbow as a sign, etc., etc., and from its attributing to God the feelings of a revengeful tyrant, was no more to be trusted than the sacred books of the Hindoos, or the beliefs of any barbarian. The question then continually rose before my mind and would not be banished,—is it credible that if God were now to make a revelation to the Hindoos, would he permit it to be connected with the belief in Vishnu, Siva,& c., as Christianity is connected with the Old Testament. This appeared to me utterly incredible.

By further reflecting that the clearest evidence would be requisite to make any sane man believe in the miracles by which Christianity is supported,—that the more we know of the fixed laws of nature the more incredible do miracles become,—that the men at that time were ignorant and credulous to a degree almost incomprehensible by us,—that the Gospels cannot be proved to have been written simultaneously with the events,—that they differ in many important details, far too important as it seemed to me to be admitted as the usual inaccuracies of eye-witnesses;—by such reflections as these, which I give not as having the least novelty or value, but as they influenced me, I gradually came to disbelieve in Christianity as a divine revelation. The fact that many false religions have spread over large portions of the earth like wild-fire had some weight with me. Beautiful as is the morality of the New Testament, it can hardly be denied that its perfection depends in part on the interpretation which we now put on metaphors and allegories.

But I was very unwilling to give up my belief;—I feel sure of this for I can well remember often and often inventing day-dreams of old letters between distinguished Romans and manuscripts being discovered at Pompeii or elsewhere which confirmed in the most striking manner all that was written in the Gospels. But I found it more and more difficult, with free scope given to my imagination, to invent evidence which would suffice to convince me. Thus disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate, but was at last complete. The rate was so slow that I felt no distress, and have never since doubted even for a single second that my conclusion was correct. I can indeed hardly see how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true; for if so the plain language of the text seems to show that the men who do not believe, and this would include my Father, Brother and almost all my best friends, will be everlastingly punished.

And this is a damnable doctrine.

Although I did not think much about the existence of a personal God until a considerably later period of my life, I will here give the vague conclusions to which I have been driven. The old argument of design in nature, as given by Paley, which formerly seemed to me so conclusive, fails, now that the law of natural selection has been discovered. We can no longer argue that, for instance, the beautiful hinge of a bivalve shell must have been made by an intelligent being, like the hinge of a door by man. There seems to be no more design in the variability of organic beings and in the action of natural selection, than in the course which the wind blows. Everything in nature is the result of fixed laws. But I have discussed this subject at the end of my book on the Variation of Domestic Animals and Plants, and the argument there given has never, as far as I can see, been answered.

Charles Darwin
[/QUOTE]

??????????????

If your this high on meth, you shouldn't be posting.

Standard Disclaimer: The picture was Karl Marx, you drooling feral baboon.

That's damn funny cuz the truth is that it's you RWNJ traitors who constantly preach that you know what god thinks and wants.

Read this thread for example. It's ssdd from you phony christians.

All anyone has to do is read what the "christians" say to know you're anything but -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Puddly Pillowbite, you're claiming that supporting the Constitution makes one a "traitor?"

I get it, you think Jesus looks like;

View attachment 63101

Makes sense, he IS the god of democrats....
Religious Belief
During these two years (i.e. October 1836 to January 1839) I was led to think much about religion. Whilst on board the Beagle I was quite orthodox, and I remember being heartily laughed at by several of the officers (though themselves orthodox) for quoting the Bible as an unanswerable authority on some point of morality. I suppose it was the novelty of the argument that amused them. But I had gradually come, by this time, to see that the Old Testament from its manifestly false history of the world, with the Tower of Babel, the rainbow as a sign, etc., etc., and from its attributing to God the feelings of a revengeful tyrant, was no more to be trusted than the sacred books of the Hindoos, or the beliefs of any barbarian. The question then continually rose before my mind and would not be banished,—is it credible that if God were now to make a revelation to the Hindoos, would he permit it to be connected with the belief in Vishnu, Siva,& c., as Christianity is connected with the Old Testament. This appeared to me utterly incredible.

By further reflecting that the clearest evidence would be requisite to make any sane man believe in the miracles by which Christianity is supported,—that the more we know of the fixed laws of nature the more incredible do miracles become,—that the men at that time were ignorant and credulous to a degree almost incomprehensible by us,—that the Gospels cannot be proved to have been written simultaneously with the events,—that they differ in many important details, far too important as it seemed to me to be admitted as the usual inaccuracies of eye-witnesses;—by such reflections as these, which I give not as having the least novelty or value, but as they influenced me, I gradually came to disbelieve in Christianity as a divine revelation. The fact that many false religions have spread over large portions of the earth like wild-fire had some weight with me. Beautiful as is the morality of the New Testament, it can hardly be denied that its perfection depends in part on the interpretation which we now put on metaphors and allegories.

But I was very unwilling to give up my belief;—I feel sure of this for I can well remember often and often inventing day-dreams of old letters between distinguished Romans and manuscripts being discovered at Pompeii or elsewhere which confirmed in the most striking manner all that was written in the Gospels. But I found it more and more difficult, with free scope given to my imagination, to invent evidence which would suffice to convince me. Thus disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate, but was at last complete. The rate was so slow that I felt no distress, and have never since doubted even for a single second that my conclusion was correct. I can indeed hardly see how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true; for if so the plain language of the text seems to show that the men who do not believe, and this would include my Father, Brother and almost all my best friends, will be everlastingly punished.

And this is a damnable doctrine.

Although I did not think much about the existence of a personal God until a considerably later period of my life, I will here give the vague conclusions to which I have been driven. The old argument of design in nature, as given by Paley, which formerly seemed to me so conclusive, fails, now that the law of natural selection has been discovered. We can no longer argue that, for instance, the beautiful hinge of a bivalve shell must have been made by an intelligent being, like the hinge of a door by man. There seems to be no more design in the variability of organic beings and in the action of natural selection, than in the course which the wind blows. Everything in nature is the result of fixed laws. But I have discussed this subject at the end of my book on the Variation of Domestic Animals and Plants, and the argument there given has never, as far as I can see, been answered.

Charles Darwin

??????????????

If your this high on meth, you shouldn't be posting.

Standard Disclaimer: The picture was Karl Marx, you drooling feral baboon.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha ! The raving over the top false assumption is so you!

heres my fav rw jesus:

24846029022_1830c8da7f_z.jpg

guno

Liberals hate Jesus, so this entire thread is based on stinking lies.
The Difference Between "Conservative Christians" and Liberal Progressive Christians June 21, 2012byabbarighton

Now, since so many right-wing partisan Conservatives make a show of being Christians, it is helpful to observe how Liberals and Conservative interpret Christianity differently.

Conservative Christians focus on the patriarchal aspects and quote Jesus as saying "I am the Way, and the Truth," and "I and the Father are one," even though they don't understand what Jesus meant by that. Instead, they sum up Jesus’ message as "Believe I am God Himself and obey me or you're going to suffer in hell for eternity." It's an authoritarian, patriarchal approach.

Liberal progressive Christians, on the other hand, focus on a more balanced approach including the matriarchal aspects that are around the Golden Rule, and around peace, love, freedom, compassion, charity, forgiveness, and pacifism, acknowledging the idea that it will be the humble, gentle, peaceful and meek who shall inherit the earth.

Those two approaches inevitably produce the situation we have now, with proud and militant Conservative Christians trying to impose and enforce their beliefs, while Liberal Christians usually do not retaliate but instead tend to turn the other cheek.

So, who are the real Christians? That is a crucial question that must be answered, because it goes to the heart of the dilemma we face. And we face it because while conservative traditional Christians insist they are the true Christians and tend to be theocratic, liberal progressive Christians disagree. And they have disagreed since the late 1700s.

Thomas Jefferson, the principle author of the American Declaration of Independence, wrote: “I am for freedom of religion, and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendency of one sect (or religion) over another.”

Jefferson wrote that the freedom of religion clause in the Constitution was to “build a wall of separation between church and state.” And in his autobiography he even wrote that the name Jesus Christ should not be added to any legal government document, because we must protect “the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Muslim, the Hindu and Infidel of every denomination.”

In 1981, when the “religious right” was on the rise in America, even the conservative Republican elder, Barry Goldwater, said: “The great decisions of government cannot be dictated by the concerns of religious factions. We have succeeded for 205 years in keeping the affairs of state separate from the uncompromising idealism of religious groups, and we mustn’t stop now. To retreat from that separation would violate the principles of conservatism and the values upon which the framers built this democratic republic.

Senator Warren Rudman, a moderate Republican, has said: “The millions of Christians in this country reflect just about every conceivable political point of view. For one highly conservative group to proclaim itself ‘the Christian Coalition’ strikes me as decidedly un-Christian arrogance. We reflect countless races, religions and lifestyles, and we often differ on questions of morality and behavior. The only way so diverse a nation can survive is by all of us practicing a high degree of tolerance. But tolerance is not the way of the Christian Right. Its leaders want to impose their one-size-fits-all morality on everyone. It won’t work. When any group tries to impose its values on everyone else, the result will inevitably be resentment, hatred, and violence.”

Senator Mark Hatfield, another moderate Republican, said: “As a Christian, there is no other part of the New Right ideology that concerns me more than its self-serving misuse of religious faith. What is at stake here is the very integrity of biblical truth. The New Right, in many cases, is doing nothing less than placing a heretical claim on Christian faith that distorts, confuses, and destroys the opportunity for a biblical understanding of Jesus Christ and of his gospel for millions of people.”

Rev. John Shelby Spong, a retired Episcopal Bishop, said: “When the dust settles and the pages of history are written, it will not be the angry defenders of intolerance who have made the difference. The reward will go to those who dared to step outside the safety of their privacy in order to expose and rout the prevailing prejudices.”
The Difference Between "Conservative Christians" and Liberal Progressive Christians

I remember when the con prophet Shrub Jr. was telling America it was their duty to go spend money on Christmas to save the economy. Never mind that Jesus birthday is in July.

Forum List

Back