Republican Jesus

God tells you to hate liberals, jimbowie?
Not real classic liberals, of course not.

He tells me not to hate, but to engage enemies of God through spiritual warfare, i.e. telling the Truth and He says that through the Bible, like the First Chapter of the Book of Romans.
Well, a lot of your statements are hateful toward liberals, who, I might add, may count themselves as spiritual warriors too. To opposing the RW fundamentalist version of Christianity the GOP sells.

Republican Jesus doesn't sound very "Christian."

Democrat Jesus looks VERY democrat. :thup:

jihadijohnnew.jpg

Only brain dead republicans would say something that stupid ,
Sarcasm is an unknowable concept to them.
Besides, weasel dick you probably believe that if you don't yammer, god will strike you down.
I'm not a party member. You tripped over your dick right out of the gate. Then couldn't refute the point, naturally.
False! No matter what bullshit you toss you are the very image of the perpetually pissed off republican.
Btw you made no point.
As always it was another hackneyed attempt at appealing less ignorant than you actually are.
You helped prove my main point "Libs are batshit crazy."
And pugs are ugly
Are you even in grade school yet?
Envy much?
the crackers who love their View attachment 63076 jesus

And at that same time, not something the ignoramus Batshit is aware of, every Christian national and international organization called for the ending of segregation in the South with the only organised resistance to desegregation coming from Democratic Party officials in the South.

But the pic fits Guanos lies so he runs with it and lies saying that is what all Christians did.

the democratic party has evolved since then, unfortunately, with the help of clowns like jimblowme some sects of Christianity have not ,
the information he presented is only relevant in the broadest historical sense and does not reflect the world today.

I get it, you think Jesus looks like;

View attachment 63101

Makes sense, he IS the god of democrats....
Religious Belief
During these two years (i.e. October 1836 to January 1839) I was led to think much about religion. Whilst on board the Beagle I was quite orthodox, and I remember being heartily laughed at by several of the officers (though themselves orthodox) for quoting the Bible as an unanswerable authority on some point of morality. I suppose it was the novelty of the argument that amused them. But I had gradually come, by this time, to see that the Old Testament from its manifestly false history of the world, with the Tower of Babel, the rainbow as a sign, etc., etc., and from its attributing to God the feelings of a revengeful tyrant, was no more to be trusted than the sacred books of the Hindoos, or the beliefs of any barbarian. The question then continually rose before my mind and would not be banished,—is it credible that if God were now to make a revelation to the Hindoos, would he permit it to be connected with the belief in Vishnu, Siva,& c., as Christianity is connected with the Old Testament. This appeared to me utterly incredible.

By further reflecting that the clearest evidence would be requisite to make any sane man believe in the miracles by which Christianity is supported,—that the more we know of the fixed laws of nature the more incredible do miracles become,—that the men at that time were ignorant and credulous to a degree almost incomprehensible by us,—that the Gospels cannot be proved to have been written simultaneously with the events,—that they differ in many important details, far too important as it seemed to me to be admitted as the usual inaccuracies of eye-witnesses;—by such reflections as these, which I give not as having the least novelty or value, but as they influenced me, I gradually came to disbelieve in Christianity as a divine revelation. The fact that many false religions have spread over large portions of the earth like wild-fire had some weight with me. Beautiful as is the morality of the New Testament, it can hardly be denied that its perfection depends in part on the interpretation which we now put on metaphors and allegories.

But I was very unwilling to give up my belief;—I feel sure of this for I can well remember often and often inventing day-dreams of old letters between distinguished Romans and manuscripts being discovered at Pompeii or elsewhere which confirmed in the most striking manner all that was written in the Gospels. But I found it more and more difficult, with free scope given to my imagination, to invent evidence which would suffice to convince me. Thus disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate, but was at last complete. The rate was so slow that I felt no distress, and have never since doubted even for a single second that my conclusion was correct. I can indeed hardly see how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true; for if so the plain language of the text seems to show that the men who do not believe, and this would include my Father, Brother and almost all my best friends, will be everlastingly punished.

And this is a damnable doctrine.

Although I did not think much about the existence of a personal God until a considerably later period of my life, I will here give the vague conclusions to which I have been driven. The old argument of design in nature, as given by Paley, which formerly seemed to me so conclusive, fails, now that the law of natural selection has been discovered. We can no longer argue that, for instance, the beautiful hinge of a bivalve shell must have been made by an intelligent being, like the hinge of a door by man. There seems to be no more design in the variability of organic beings and in the action of natural selection, than in the course which the wind blows. Everything in nature is the result of fixed laws. But I have discussed this subject at the end of my book on the Variation of Domestic Animals and Plants, and the argument there given has never, as far as I can see, been answered.

Charles Darwin[/QUOTE]

The Bible says something about the government taxing the working class to death? I'd love to see that passage. Care to show it to us?
Romans 13:1-7 " Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil. Wherefore it is necassary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience' sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Render to all what is due them; tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to who fear; honor to whom honor."

Titus 3:1 & 2 "Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be uncontentious, gentle, showing every consideration for all men."

1 Peter 2:13-17 "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king."

1 Timothy 2:1-2 "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings be made on behalf of all men, for Kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity."

What Jesus and the Bible Say About Paying Taxes

Last edited:
I just love it when progressive atheists get together to insult Christians in order to try and convince themselves that they and their beloved politicians are the true saviors of humanity.

The Bible says something about the government taxing the working class to death? I'd love to see that passage. Care to show it to us?
Romans 13:1-7 " Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil. Wherefore it is necassary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience' sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Render to all what is due them; tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to who fear; honor to whom honor."

Titus 3:1 & 2 "Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be uncontentious, gentle, showing every consideration for all men."

1 Peter 2:13-17 "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king."

1 Timothy 2:1-2 "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings be made on behalf of all men, for Kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity."

It's hilarious to watch you people misinterpret the Bible...lol

It reminds me of when people use the Bible to justify slavery.

who is you people ?
I'm an atheist ,
you've just showcased CHRISTIAN SCHISMS .

who is you people ?
I'm an atheist ,

You people are the folks who narrow mindedly take an incomplete passage from the Bible to prove something.

You chose 1Peter, Chapter 2, but failed to read the whole chapter:

18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

So, you're not only trying to use scripture to show the The Bible supports overbearing large government, you're also using it to justify slavery.

Good job!!...lol

who is you people ?
I'm an atheist ,

You people are the folks who narrow mindedly take an incomplete passage from the Bible to prove something.

18 Slaves l, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

So, you're not only trying to use scripture to show the The Bible supports overbearing large government, you're also using it to justify slavery.

Good job!!...lol
not relevant .
I presented it from an objective pov ( as an atheist the only way I could)
it's for you believers to duke it out .
I'll just sit back with a snack and watch the fun.
fyi, I chose not to post the whole chapter as it's against site policy

who is you people ?
I'm an atheist ,

18 Slaves l, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Good job!!...lol
not relevant .

No, you made yourself look foolish. And have justification to slavery.

who is you people ?
I'm an atheist ,

Good job!!...lol
not relevant .

No, you made yourself look foolish. And have justification to slavery.
hey asshole don't pretend to know my motivation. also slavery never needed any justification as the bible so clearly shows.
as to me caring if you think I made a fool of myself ,that's as meaningless as it is hilarious .

Forum List

Back