Republican Goes Off "Reservation"!!

Until i see some Democrats propose some serious cuts in spending none of this tax
hike talk interests me at all...

How any real representative of the United States can sign a pledge like that is so idiotic.
Without having the sense to keep any options open it is a sign of someone bought and paid for by someone.

It's called....

The Grover Norquist Job-$ecurity Plan

That boy needs to start lookin' for HONEST-employment!!!

"Just when House Republicans are about to provoke a new budget war, one of their own members has broken ranks and proposed a tax increase on the rich. Representative Rick Crawford, a freshman Republican from Arkansas, says the only serious way to begin cutting the deficit is to combine new tax revenue with spending cuts. On Thursday, he introduced a bill calling for a 5 percent surtax on incomes exceeding $1 million.
And did said bill include spending cuts?
You want someone to do the research, for you?​

If tax increases on the rich and corporations is the answer, then explain California. They have the highest tax rates over a vast majority of states, including corporate taxes, and under the control of a Democrat legislature, yet where is that states budget today? Problem?
Aw, jeez.....a Republican (governor) hands-off a state, in financial-straights....and, the Dem gets the blame.

Gee.....where have I heard that scenario, before?

:rolleyes:
Wasn't the state of California already in financial straights before that Republican Governor came into office? In fact didn't he become Governor because the Governor at the time Democrat Gray Davis was recalled? Just how bad did things have to be for a Democrat Governor to be recalled in a state as true blue as California?

If tax increases on the rich and corporations is the answer, then explain California. They have the highest tax rates over a vast majority of states, including corporate taxes, and under the control of a Democrat legislature, yet where is that states budget today? Problem?

That’s a consequence of the California legislature abdicating its taxing authority to the voters.

A strict regime of tax cuts is as useless as a strict regime of tax increases. A successful budgetary policy will be pragmatic, with an understanding that the are times when tax increases are warranted and not every program warrants funding.

If republicans were actually fiscally responsible they would have cut spending on everything and then passed the savings on to billionaires. Doing it backwards as they did shows the real aim of their fiscal policy, shifting the tax burden downward and down the road.

If the Federal Government learned to cut wasteful spending and reduce the size of Big Government programs, there wouldn't be the need to talk about taxes. Why can't the Federal Government learn to live within a budget (there's a novel idea), like everyone else? Even the simple matter of proposing a budget with spending caps would be a start.

Republicans need to tell Norquist to shove his pledge up his lobbyist ass.

Nope. That's the last thing Republicans need to do. Keeping taxes low is one of the main reason people vote Republican. Noruist is holding their feet to the fire. The fact that turds like you don't like shows that he's doing exactly the right thing.

Btw, this guy is only arguing for it for "deficit reduction", not to actually fund anything going on now.

IOW, fuck him, as far as I'm concerned.

In other words, you want more taxes so the government can expand programs.

Fuck you.

Last edited:
Cut spending first then we will go from there. It's a known fact the government raises taxes but never seems to cut spending.

Republicans should propose to raise taxes 10 years in the future but cut spending now, and I mean cut spending $500 billion per year every year for the next 3 years.

Only in democrat bizarroooo world does one believe an unelected no authority citizen have power over congress. I work at the polls & none of voters I ask know who the hell Grover Norquist is anyhow. He has no real power.

The real problem are the douche bag demacraps who won't cut spending because they are affraid to say no to their welfare Kings & Queens!

Warning!! - This video is not a Fox documentary. It was made by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's daughter. Alexandria Pelosi.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5tqH7UrzOw"]Alexandra Pelosi obama bucks[/ame]

Cut spending first then we will go from there. It's a known fact the government raises taxes but never seems to cut spending.

Republicans should propose to raise taxes 10 years in the future but cut spending now, and I mean cut spending $500 billion per year every year for the next 3 years.
That 500 billion for three years is just a drop in the bucket, not effective enough How about 1.5 trillion for 5 years a you have a deal.

Cut spending first then we will go from there.
Nope.

We already KNOW what works!!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

No democrats don't. The only thing democrats know how to do is spend other peoples money.

How any real representative of the United States can sign a pledge like that is so idiotic.
Without having the sense to keep any options open it is a sign of someone bought and paid for by someone. It really has no place in the halls of our capital.

That option isn't required. Raising taxes is a scam. It's been tried time and time again and the result is always more spending, not deficit reduction.

Signing the pledge shows you are serious about cutting spending and that you aren't a liberal scumbag.

That 500 billion for three years is just a drop in the bucket, not effective enough How about 1.5 trillion for 5 years a you have a deal.

I meant to cut $500 billion each year so the total cut after 3 years would be $1,500 billion.

As long as the cuts start immediately. None of this reduction in the rate of growth crap.

That’s a consequence of the California legislature abdicating its taxing authority to the voters.

A strict regime of tax cuts is as useless as a strict regime of tax increases. A successful budgetary policy will be pragmatic, with an understanding that the are times when tax increases are warranted and not every program warrants funding.

"Pragmatic" is a euphemism meaning "tax and spend."

Spending cuts are what we need. Any other plan is just another sleazy attempt to weasel out of it.

Aw, jeez.....a Republican (governor) hands-off a state, in financial-straights....and, the Dem gets the blame.

Wasn't the state of California already in financial straights before that Republican Governor came into office? In fact didn't he become Governor because the Governor at the time Democrat Gray Davis was recalled? Just how bad did things have to be for a Democrat Governor to be recalled in a state as true blue as California?
yes it was.....but you cant tell a guy as far left as Mr. Shithead that.....also he has no answer for what happened to the 13 Billion Dollar Surplus that the Republican Gov. Wilson left Davis.....i wonder if he has a colorful response to that?....

Last edited:

who are mostly Democrats....Legislature and voters.....

not every program warrants funding.

tell that to the Democrats out here.....once its set up.....its up.....

Exactly.
Anybody that would give these bastards in washington another dime when they can't stop throwing money around like it's confetti needs their head examined.

I meant to cut $500 billion each year so the total cut after 3 years would be $1,500 billion.

As long as the cuts start immediately. None of this reduction in the rate of growth crap.
I know but that five hundred billion still is not enough. that just 1.5 trillion dollars in cuts over three years. A trillion a year for three years is just a drop in the bucket.

They were having problems BEFORE the Republican governor took over....

Yeah.....Thanks to......

....Kenny-Boy Lay & ENRON!!!!!!

"On May 17, 2001, future Republican governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and former Los Angeles Mayor Republican Richard Riordan met with Enron CEO Kenneth Lay at the Peninsula Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills. The meeting was convened for Enron to present its "Comprehensive Solution for California," which called for an end to federal and state investigations into Enron's role in the California energy crisis."

You History-challenged folks make this toooooooooooooooo easy!!

:eusa_dance:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back