Republican Goes Off "Reservation"!!

If tax increases on the rich and corporations is the answer, then explain California. They have the highest tax rates over a vast majority of states, including corporate taxes, and under the control of a Democrat legislature, yet where is that states budget today? Problem?
Aw, jeez.....a Republican (governor) hands-off a state, in financial-straights....and, the Dem gets the blame.

Gee.....where have I heard that scenario, before?

:rolleyes:
Wasn't the state of California already in financial straights before that Republican Governor came into office? In fact didn't he become Governor because the Governor at the time Democrat Gray Davis was recalled? Just how bad did things have to be for a Democrat Governor to be recalled in a state as true blue as California?
See: ABOVE

maybe the republican party will survive if they can find more members like the op posted about

"Just when House Republicans are about to provoke a new budget war, one of their own members has broken ranks and proposed a tax increase on the rich. Representative Rick Crawford, a freshman Republican from Arkansas, says the only serious way to begin cutting the deficit is to combine new tax revenue with spending cuts. On Thursday, he introduced a bill calling for a 5 percent surtax on incomes exceeding $1 million.

Mr. Crawford was immediately vilified by Grover Norquist, the antitax vigilante, who said the plan would violate a no-new-tax pledge he signed when running for office. Mr. Crawford faces significant Democratic opposition in the fall and is clearly betting that agreeing to a widely popular tax increase will be more important to his voters than sticking with a foolish, lockstep pledge."

"Crawford was born in the Homestead Air Force Base in Florida, the son of Ruth Anne and Donny J. "Don" Crawford. Crawford grew up in a military family. His father served in the United States Air Force. He graduated from Alvirne High School in Hudson, New Hampshire. He enlisted in the Army, where he served as a bomb disposal technician for four years, while advancing to the rank of Sergeant. After his service, he attended Arkansas State University and graduated in 1996 with a B.S. in Agriculture Business and Economics."

:clap2:

If tax increases on the rich and corporations is the answer, then explain California. They have the highest tax rates over a vast majority of states, including corporate taxes, and under the control of a Democrat legislature, yet where is that states budget today? Problem?

Explain California?

Arnold+Schwarzenegger+%25286%2529.jpg

Happy now?

Cut spending first then we will go from there.
Nope.

We already KNOW what works!!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

No democrats don't. The only thing democrats know how to do is spend other peoples money.

September 27, 2000

"Eight years ago, our future was at risk," Clinton said Wednesday morning. "Economic growth was low, unemployment was high, interest rates were high, the federal debt had quadrupled in the previous 12 years. When Vice President Gore and I took office, the budget deficit was $290 billion, and it was projected this year the budget deficit would be $455 billion."

Instead, the president explained, the $5.7 trillion national debt has been reduced by $360 billion in the last three years -- $223 billion this year alone.

This represents, Clinton said, "the largest one-year debt reduction in the history of the United States."

"Like our Olympic athletes in Sydney, the American people are breaking all kinds of records these days. This is the first year we've balanced the budget without using the Medicare trust fund since Medicare was created in 1965. I think we should follow Al Gore's advice and lock those trust funds away for the future," he said.

In June, the administration predicted the surplus would be $211 billion, and would increase by as much as $1 trillion over the next 10 years.

"The key to fiscal discipline is maintaining these results year after year. We need to put our priorities in order," Clinton said."

:eusa_whistle:

Aw, jeez.....a Republican (governor) hands-off a state, in financial-straights....and, the Dem gets the blame.

Gee.....where have I heard that scenario, before?

:rolleyes:
Wasn't the state of California already in financial straights before that Republican Governor came into office? In fact didn't he become Governor because the Governor at the time Democrat Gray Davis was recalled? Just how bad did things have to be for a Democrat Governor to be recalled in a state as true blue as California?
yes it was.....but you cant tell a guy as far left as Mr. Shithead that.....also he has no answer for what happened to the 13 Billion Dollar Surplus that the Republican Gov. Wilson left Davis.....i wonder if he has a colorful response to that?....

"In the mid-90's, under Republican Governor Pete Wilson, California began changing the electricity industry. Democratic State Senator Steve Peace, was the Chariman of the Senate Committee on Energy at the time and is often credited as "the father of deregulation". The author of the bill was Senator Jim Brulte, a Republican from Rancho Cucamonga. Wilson admitted publicly that defects in the deregulation system would need fixing by "the next governor".

Those arrested and tried included Treasurer Ben Glisan, Jr., Andrew Fastow, Lea Fastow, Richard Causey, Jeffrey Skilling, Kenneth Lay, Dan Boyle of Enron and Merrill Lynch bankers Daniel Bayly, Robert Furst, William Fuhs and James Brown."

:thanks:

That’s a consequence of the California legislature abdicating its taxing authority to the voters.

A strict regime of tax cuts is as useless as a strict regime of tax increases. A successful budgetary policy will be pragmatic, with an understanding that the are times when tax increases are warranted and not every program warrants funding.

who are mostly Democrats....Legislature and voters.....

not every program warrants funding.

tell that to the Democrats out here.....once its set up.....its up.....

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

Only in democrat bizarroooo world does one believe an unelected no authority citizen have power over congress. I work at the polls & none of voters I ask know who the hell Grover Norquist is anyhow. He has no real power.

The real problem are the douche bag demacraps who won't cut spending because they are affraid to say no to their welfare Kings & Queens!

Warning!! - This video is not a Fox documentary. It was made by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's daughter. Alexandria Pelosi.

Alexandra Pelosi obama bucks

Nice to see cons finally seeing the importance of Bill Maher and Real Time :thup:

Real Time with Bill Maher - people from Mississippi - 2012-03-09 - YouTube

I dont know how to embed the vids but I'm sure the Repubs will post this one. Being fair and all...Like Maher

Until i see some Democrats propose some serious cuts in spending none of this tax
hike talk interests me at all...

So why are the Republicans taking defense cuts off the table? Remember what Willie Sutton said about why he robbed banks, "that's where the money is".

Nope.

We already KNOW what works!!!!!
No democrats don't. The only thing democrats know how to do is spend other peoples money.

September 27, 2000

"Eight years ago, our future was at risk," Clinton said Wednesday morning. "Economic growth was low, unemployment was high, interest rates were high, the federal debt had quadrupled in the previous 12 years. When Vice President Gore and I took office, the budget deficit was $290 billion, and it was projected this year the budget deficit would be $455 billion."

Instead, the president explained, the $5.7 trillion national debt has been reduced by $360 billion in the last three years -- $223 billion this year alone.

This represents, Clinton said, "the largest one-year debt reduction in the history of the United States."

"Like our Olympic athletes in Sydney, the American people are breaking all kinds of records these days. This is the first year we've balanced the budget without using the Medicare trust fund since Medicare was created in 1965. I think we should follow Al Gore's advice and lock those trust funds away for the future," he said.

In June, the administration predicted the surplus would be $211 billion, and would increase by as much as $1 trillion over the next 10 years.

"The key to fiscal discipline is maintaining these results year after year. We need to put our priorities in order," Clinton said."

:eusa_whistle:

There was no surplus you fucking idiot. Clinton transferred money from social security. Why do you fuck wits keep this conspiracy going?

That’s a consequence of the California legislature abdicating its taxing authority to the voters.

A strict regime of tax cuts is as useless as a strict regime of tax increases. A successful budgetary policy will be pragmatic, with an understanding that the are times when tax increases are warranted and not every program warrants funding.

who are mostly Democrats....Legislature and voters.....

not every program warrants funding.

tell that to the Democrats out here.....once its set up.....its up.....

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

crying-democrats.gif

Oh and price at the pump was 1.85 when obama took office now it's almost 4.00

Last edited:
Until i see some Democrats propose some serious cuts in spending none of this tax

So why are the Republicans taking defense cuts off the table? Remember what Willie Sutton said about why he robbed banks, "that's where the money is".

Because they never had any intention of honoring the deal they made last year, that's why.

Because they never had any intention of honoring the deal they made last year, that's why.

What deal? reel in obamacare?

I see that Crawford is a congressional member. Being a politician, he can break pledges when he finds it necessary for the country.

Now, who is Norquist? Is he important?

Only in democrat bizarroooo world does one believe an unelected no authority citizen have power over congress. I work at the polls & none of voters I ask know who the hell Grover Norquist is anyhow. He has no real power.

The real problem are the douche bag demacraps who won't cut spending because they are affraid to say no to their welfare Kings & Queens!

Warning!! - This video is not a Fox documentary. It was made by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's daughter. Alexandria Pelosi.

Alexandra Pelosi obama bucks

Nice to see cons finally seeing the importance of Bill Maher and Real Time :thup:

Real Time with Bill Maher - people from Mississippi - 2012-03-09 - YouTube

I dont know how to embed the vids but I'm sure the Repubs will post this one. Being fair and all...Like Maher

The truth is Pelosi had to travel long & far out into the sticks avoiding the 90+ percent of normal republican voters to find the worst republican voters for her documentary. She only had to walk outside to find those average democrat voters. :tongue:

Forum List

Back