Republican Debate: February 13, 2016

I'm from Pittsburgh, the generation before mine all worked for US Steel or Bethlehem steel their whole lives. I was born in Munhall.

I agree, these jobs should stay. I visit Pitt now and then and all that is left of the steel mills are a line of smoke stacks but no buildings or steel mills.

Of course I remember the sky was always orange/brown when I was a child so that part is better!

I imagine some of my kin knew some of your kin. I come from those same hills. The Youghiogheny (pronounced yak-uh-gainey, for you all that are struggling with it. The "ya" is pronounced like the "ya" sound in yacht ) River flowed by my fathers family farm in Western Maryland, and my mothers father was Western Pennsylvania coal miner. Most of my kin still live out there, some still working in the West Virginia coal mines.

I get out to Pittsburgh from time to time. When you go to Pittsburgh, you better know where "Blvd of the Allies" is, or you are going to end up very, very lost. They have started to reinvent themselves the way Chicago has. But they have a long way to go yet.

Fishing on the Monagahela, hiking to the point, summer vacation at Lake Pymatuning. I did it all.

The Deer Hunter was partially filmed in Pittsburgh. The story mirrors my uncle's life. He went hunting every year exactly as depicted and came back with a deer roped to the front of the car. He also went to Vietnam for a year.

So trump is talking about Carrier closing in the US and moving 1400 jobs to Mexico, there is a video where these people are distraught of course. And I am on the side of the workers make no mistake.

trump though says he would tell Carrier if you move 'he will get consensus and tax Carrier so much their move wouldn't be worth it'.

So by every measure that conservatives 'trump up' about not wanting government to interfere with their lives or business, this certainly qualifies as 'government heavily regulating business'. For trump its to the point of threatening a single company with the overwhelming power of the federal government.

Simply put, this represents, in its most naked form, conservative ideas?
Imports should be taxed to support American workers and American jobs in America so that we can compete on an even playing field.

Rubio just said that if our next president is HALF as great as Ronald Reagan - our country will be greater than it's ever been.

What the hell does that mean? That don't make no sense. Wouldn't the country only be HALF as great?

It means Obama sucks. But you're right the math doesn't add up. Sounds like a good MSNBC sound bite.

Obama has dropped unemployment from 10.0% to 4.9%
Obama has created 10 million jobs..The majority being private sector!
Obama has lowered the price of gas and we're pumping more oil out of our ground at any time in the history of our country.

We'd have to be growing at China levels for you to be right.
Fewer Americans have full time jobs than ever.
Obama unemployment numbers are fueled by mostly immigrants who shouldn't be here in the first place.

Can someone please translate each of Cruz's answers?

Uh oh, Rubio vs Cruz again. LMAO!! Rubio says Cruz doesn't know what he said on Univision because he doesn't speak Spanish. Rubio owned Cruz on that exchange.
How did he own Cruz when Rubio looked like an idiot after Cruz clearly showed he can speak Spanish?
Cruz does speak Spanish but by his own admission he doesn't speak it very well where Rubio does so given this it's pretty unlikely Cruz knew what Rubio was saying on Univision.
It's highly likely he knew someone who knew someone who created a translated document of what Rubio said on Univision.

Rubio just said that if our next president is HALF as great as Ronald Reagan - our country will be greater than it's ever been.

What the hell does that mean? That don't make no sense. Wouldn't the country only be HALF as great?

It means Obama sucks. But you're right the math doesn't add up. Sounds like a good MSNBC sound bite.

Obama has lowered the price of gas and we're pumping more oil out of our ground at any time in the history of our country.

Obama unemployment numbers are fueled by mostly immigrants who shouldn't be here in the first place.
Bullshit.

latest_numbers_LNS12500000_2006_2016_all_period_M01_data.gif

Bullshit.

What part of Record do you not understand?
Record 94,031,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Participation Rate Stuck at 38-Year Low for 3rd Straight Month

Bullshit.

Record 94,031,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Participation Rate Stuck at 38-Year Low for 3rd Straight Month
How predictable of you to switch from full time employed folks to those not in the labor force when called on your bullshit.

:dance:

Bullshit.

How predictable of you to switch from full time employed folks to those not in the labor force when called on your bullshit.

:dance:
The only reason those two numbers don't mesh is if we had a large increase in births these past few years, and we haven't. The increase to the full time numbers, you use, is due to IMMIGRANTS. Which is my point. ie people who aren't Americans.

Many in the Democratic party voted for the war based in the same intel.
Bullshit. Bush refused to share any of the evidence with Congress. Not even the intelligence Committees. He used the lame excuse that he was afraid of leaks.

Forum List

Back