Report: Obama Was Rude and Hostile During Phone Call With Netanyahu

The conversation between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Barack Obama was tense and tough, according to a report on Channel 1 Tuesday evening.

Based on a transcript of the conversation, obtained by Israel’s channel 1, Obama “behaved in a rude, condescending and hostile manner,” the network’s foreign correspondent concluded.

During the 35-minute conversation on Sunday, the president reportedly demanded that Israel should immediately and unconditionally end the operation.

When Netanyahu asked what Israel would get in return for unilaterally ending the strikes, Obama replied: “I believe Hamas will stop firing rockets – quiet in return for quiet.” To which Netanyahu responded that Hamas has already violated 5 cease-fires and is committed to the destruction of Israel.

“I repeat and expect Israel to stop all of its actions against Hamas in Gaza,” Obama said. He added that despite Netanyahu’s objections the United States trusts Qatar and Turkey’s mediation. “Israel is not in a situation that it can choose its mediators,” the president told his Israeli counterpart.

Netanyahu in response: “Hamas will continue firing rockets on Israel and use their tunnels to attack our people.”

At this point, Obama interrupted the Israeli leader, stating, “the ball is in Israel’s court, and it must end all military activities.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE1CZ1RKK8A&feature=youtu.be

--------------

Meanwhile, Netanyahu so far politely told obama to **** off.:D hope he won't change his mind

Such a shame that Israel has to have a third rate leader like nathan the yahoo the likundnic poster boy

Remember when natan the yahoo came to the white house and lectured Our President in front of the press and then campaigned for that mormon ass wipe? how about his kid dating and screwing that Shiksa? Now all the bible thumping christer vermin here love him , he should run as king of the goyim dreck

Can you translate that into English please.

He thinks Republicans are poop-heads.

The conversation between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Barack Obama was tense and tough, according to a report on Channel 1 Tuesday evening.

Based on a transcript of the conversation, obtained by Israel’s channel 1, Obama “behaved in a rude, condescending and hostile manner,” the network’s foreign correspondent concluded.

During the 35-minute conversation on Sunday, the president reportedly demanded that Israel should immediately and unconditionally end the operation.

When Netanyahu asked what Israel would get in return for unilaterally ending the strikes, Obama replied: “I believe Hamas will stop firing rockets – quiet in return for quiet.” To which Netanyahu responded that Hamas has already violated 5 cease-fires and is committed to the destruction of Israel.

“I repeat and expect Israel to stop all of its actions against Hamas in Gaza,” Obama said. He added that despite Netanyahu’s objections the United States trusts Qatar and Turkey’s mediation. “Israel is not in a situation that it can choose its mediators,” the president told his Israeli counterpart.

Netanyahu in response: “Hamas will continue firing rockets on Israel and use their tunnels to attack our people.”

At this point, Obama interrupted the Israeli leader, stating, “the ball is in Israel’s court, and it must end all military activities.”

--------------

Meanwhile, Netanyahu so far politely told obama to **** off.:D hope he won't change his mind

Gosh you folks are gullible.

Read the transcript.

Nothing in it remotely resembles Obama's way of speaking.

lots of discussion over a "nothing with nothing" article in an Israeli newspaper
"rude" (???)-----even the faked up version of the conversation is a nothing.
Since some jerk was in the mood to invent----he should have come up with
something a little exciting

Last I heard-----the "cease fire" included continued bombing on Israel ---anything else?

“We have seen these reports, and neither the reports nor the alleged transcript bear any resemblance to reality,” said Bernadette Meehan, a national security council spokeswoman. “It’s shocking and disappointing that someone would sink to misrepresenting a private conversation between the president and the prime minister in fabrications to the Israeli press.”

Ben Rhodes, the deputy national security adviser at the White House, said the transcript was “totally false”. Netanyahu’s office also confirmed the transcript was fake.

White House: Israeli reports of Obama-Netanyahu tensions are 'totally false' | World news | theguardian.com

Ok...Fake news

Fake story

Urban legend.

And everyone still has their knickers in a knot over it? Feel the hate...

I think there's some truth to it because Obama has been accused more than once of being a prick in private to foreign and domestic officials. The way he dealt with a group of bank presidents early in his administration was disgraceful. His habit of bad-mouthing his Republican opposition in public and in private, literally making fun of them when he should be negotiating with them, I find it very easy to believe that he talked this way to a foreign leader.

--------------

Gosh you folks are gullible.

Read the transcript.

Nothing in it remotely resembles Obama's way of speaking.

You rarely hear the way he talks in private because whenever he's not on a teleprompter he seems to say things that gets him in trouble. So, most of the time he's just reading a speech.

“We have seen these reports, and neither the reports nor the alleged transcript bear any resemblance to reality,” said Bernadette Meehan, a national security council spokeswoman. “It’s shocking and disappointing that someone would sink to misrepresenting a private conversation between the president and the prime minister in fabrications to the Israeli press.”

Ben Rhodes, the deputy national security adviser at the White House, said the transcript was “totally false”. Netanyahu’s office also confirmed the transcript was fake.

White House: Israeli reports of Obama-Netanyahu tensions are 'totally false' | World news | theguardian.com

Ok...Fake news

Fake story

Urban legend.

And everyone still has their knickers in a knot over it? Feel the hate...

I think there's some truth to it because Obama has been accused more than once of being a prick in private to foreign and domestic officials. The way he dealt with a group of bank presidents early in his administration was disgraceful. His habit of bad-mouthing his Republican opposition in public and in private, literally making fun of them when he should be negotiating with them, I find it very easy to believe that he talked this way to a foreign leader.

I did not find the conversation all that startling. I think Obama could have
told Netanyahu ----regarding a "cease fire"------the "ball is in your court"-----
even though it is an utterly idiotic remark----------Afterall----they were just talking---
it was not a prepared speech-----and Obama actually does not do all that well
"off the cuff"------he is terrific when he has a script

for discussion

I have a terrific idea (smart girl that I am) ----it seems obvious to me that burrowing
tunnels into a country is not nice. I have a sense (smart girl that I am) that Israel is
not going to give up searching them out------and one cannot engage in such a project
in the midst of a hostile place without running into ------TROUBLE (of the lethal kind)
Lots of problems would be averted if Hamas simply told Israel----where the tunnels are----
of there came to be a big "GET RID OF THE TUNNELS" day

---also-----it seems to me their should be a "LAW"----(part of that famous mirage-----
****INTERNATIONAL LAW****** in which burrowing tunnels into a country get
termed a WAR CRIME (as if anyone cared)

it is obvious to me that whilst the tunnels from gaza to Israel live on----
people is going to get killed. I have heard several people from the
Gaza side yelling-----that a "cease fire" has to include Israel
"getting out" Israel is obviously not going to
"GET OUT"---whilst rat tunnels exist under its feet

got that,, Obama????

for discussion

I have a terrific idea (smart girl that I am) ----it seems obvious to me that burrowing
tunnels into a country is not nice. I have a sense (smart girl that I am) that Israel is
not going to give up searching them out------and one cannot engage in such a project
in the midst of a hostile place without running into ------TROUBLE (of the lethal kind)
Lots of problems would be averted if Hamas simply told Israel----where the tunnels are----
of there came to be a big "GET RID OF THE TUNNELS" day

---also-----it seems to me their should be a "LAW"----(part of that famous mirage-----
****INTERNATIONAL LAW****** in which burrowing tunnels into a country get
termed a WAR CRIME (as if anyone cared)

it is obvious to me that whilst the tunnels from gaza to Israel live on----
people is going to get killed. I have heard several people from the
Gaza side yelling-----that a "cease fire" has to include Israel
"getting out" Israel is obviously not going to
"GET OUT"---whilst rat tunnels exist under its feet

got that,, Obama????

Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction | Reuters

Said Billo_Really.
Luckily you are not, and with zero ability to communicate in the forum...
If I couldn't communicate, you wouldn't be responding to my post.

...you just provide a great example of half the pro-Palestinians I've met so far, blindly support Palestinians although you can't even communicate with them also,
And you're a great example of someone who is truly partisanly retarded.

I stated my reasons many times, in many threads and have provided links in all of them to explain my position on many issues and you claim that is "blind support"?

I don't see a peace-treaty coming any time soon,...
You don't want a peace treaty coming anytime soon. You're the reason there is no peace, not the Palestinian's.

...unless the Palestinians will finally get out of their wretchedness-mania and start to build themselves up,
How could they possibly do that? Gazans live in the largest open air prison in the world and Palestinian's in the West Bank have their freedom of movement restricted by over 500 roadblocks and checkpoints. Palestinian's can only do what the Israeli's allow them to do and that is fucked! And you're fucked for thinking that is okay.

...right now they got nothing to lose and nothing to offer except dealing with peoples lives..but you still support them.. I admire that.
In light of the fact of how many people you fuckers have murdered in cold blood, it's not "lives" they are dealing with.

You have anything good to say about Israel so far?
Yes, the Israeli left hold the key to your country's future, I suggest you listen to them.

BTW, when are you going to answer my questions, you fuckin' hypocrite?

it must be breaking the hearts of all those starving 'Palestinians' to see
all that tunnel work being destroyed------they put so much of themselves
into the project------they could not work to produce food , to make
necessary things for themselves and their children------not even a little
hole in the ground as a bomb shelter for their beloved children-----
----and now see what is happening-----those nasty JOOOOOS is knocking
them out of the ground

Said Billo_Really.
Luckily you are not, and with zero ability to communicate in the forum...
If I couldn't communicate, you wouldn't be responding to my post.

...you just provide a great example of half the pro-Palestinians I've met so far, blindly support Palestinians although you can't even communicate with them also,
And you're a great example of someone who is truly partisanly retarded.

I stated my reasons many times, in many threads and have provided links in all of them to explain my position on many issues and you claim that is "blind support"?

You don't want a peace treaty coming anytime soon. You're the reason there is no peace, not the Palestinian's.

How could they possibly do that? Gazans live in the largest open air prison in the world and Palestinian's in the West Bank have their freedom of movement restricted by over 500 roadblocks and checkpoints. Palestinian's can only do what the Israeli's allow them to do and that is fucked! And you're fucked for thinking that is okay.
Your fucked if you think Israel should allow Gazans into their country at will, considering all the terrorism they have caused. If they want import and exports they need to use a border that doesn't lead into Israel.

Stop firing rockets into Israel. Stop all terroristic activities against Israel. And we'll talk about removing the blockade so Gaza can have one access to imported goods that is not through Israeli territory.

Last edited:
This isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ_6AUGxADg

So, regardless, Israelis know political speak very well.

And?

The Israelis more than likely said this would be a "surgical strike".

It's turned into a real mess and a public relations nightmare.

Especially given the fact the Israelis went apeshit on a kidnapping that wasn't done by Hamas.

Now?

Seems Israel's only ally in this is America.

And they are shitting on the USA.

This isn't.

And?

Especially given the fact the Israelis went apeshit on a kidnapping that wasn't done by Hamas.

Now?

Somebody is forgetting about the tunnels. Or the recent attacks via tunnels into Israel.

This isn't.

And?

Now?

Israel never said it would be "surgical strike" - Israel said they will strike Hamas very hard if the missiles won't stop, what we got in exchange is a massive barrage of rockets and 4 dead kids, so who's shitting on whom?

This isn't.

And?

Now?

Somebody is forgetting about the tunnels. Or the recent attacks via tunnels into Israel.

Which is way overblown.

Additionally Israel regularly goes on Palestinian hunts where they lock up hundreds of people without charge. That's in addition to all the other crap they pull.

Israel enjoys something like a 9 billion dollar defense budget courtesy of the US. That's in addition to US military tech. That's not even enough for them as the regularly spy on US and steal secrets. That's in addition to killing Americans.

Seriously..Israel should take it down a notch.

The whole freakin world can't stand them.

This isn't.

And?

Now?

Israel never said it would be "surgical strike" - Israel said they will strike Hamas very hard if the missiles won't stop, what we got in exchange is a massive barrage of rockets and 4 dead kids, so who's shitting on whom?

Never said it whom?

And the "massive barrage" of rockets isn't hitting anything.

Thanks to US tech.

At the very least you could return a little on that investment.

And?

Now?

Never said it whom?

And the "massive barrage" of rockets isn't hitting anything.

Thanks to US tech.

At the very least you could return a little on that investment.
1. rockets killed and injured dozens of Israelis over the year, suppressing the south of Israel-ONLY THE ROCKETS.
2.Israel never said operation Protective Edge will be a "surgical strike" as you said, Israel did say they will strike Hamas VERY HARD if they won't stop the violence, later on the tunnel system discovered and forced the IDF in this situation, it was well known tunnels cannot be destroyed by air force only and luckily it didn't explode in our face with the massive terror attack Hamas planned.
3.US Funding, Israeli tech, development, testing - that's the difference.
4.The very least Israel returning in that little investment is the fact Israelis are fucking meat machine in the middle east, the only true ally US can depend on, and this is the smallest investment so far if you really want to know.

I don't see Israel as a dependable ally. We've said over and over that we need Israel to stop building settlements because that will help us gain allies in isolating an Iran with ambitions to have a nuclear bomb stockpile. The response was to personally insult the VP of the US as well as the potus's chief advisor whose father is a rabbi who supported Israel for decades.

nevertheless, Hamas wants to destroy Israel, and the US cannot allow terrorists to destroy any democratically elected govt. And, there is a sort of special relationship with Israel, despite our interests not necessarily coinciding.

I don't see Israel as a dependable ally. We've said over and over that we need Israel to stop building settlements because that will help us gain allies in isolating an Iran with ambitions to have a nuclear bomb stockpile. The response was to personally insult the VP of the US as well as the potus's chief advisor whose father is a rabbi who supported Israel for decades.

nevertheless, Hamas wants to destroy Israel, and the US cannot allow terrorists to destroy any democratically elected govt. And, there is a sort of special relationship with Israel, despite our interests not necessarily coinciding.

I Also fail to see the relation between settlements and Iran.
Israel is the main opposition to Iran, not the US, the EU were the last to join, and whether Iran or anyone else in the world like it or not, Iran won't reach nuclear power.
The only relation between Israeli settlements in the West Bank and Iran is the Israeli presence in the West Bank while Iran calls for arming the West Bank/Gazan Pals with any possible weapons..

Forum List

Back