Repeal of the ACA will be impossible - you need 2/3's vote

You'd do well to take your own advice.

I do.

Doubtful. First health reform wasn't going to survive the town halls of the summer of '09. Then it wasn't going to make it out of Senate Finance. Then it wasn't going to be able to scrape together sixty votes to break the filibuster. Then the election of Scott Brown was going to kill it by making a conference bill impossible. Then the 2010 elections were going to defund implementation. Then the Supreme Court was going to strike it down. Now it's going to be repealed through a process that can't be used to repeal it, by a hypothetical (though still trailing) President who pioneered it and tapped as his probable Chief of Staff a guy whose job for the past several years has been to implement it in states across the country.

Someday reality will sink it. But I honestly have no idea when that day will come for you.

Last edited:
3. If you want to remove M-TALA ordinances that force hospitals to treat till stable, you wouldn't have that problem now, would you?

Right. Instead we'd have the problem of people who have health insurance dying unconscious in the emergency room because the paramedics couldn't locate their insurance card, you fucking moron.
Well well... look who might have a conscience after all? Sucks when you want it both ways, doesn't it?

You're babbling incoherently.

President Obama: Let me make this CRYSTAL Clear. It's a PENALTY. It's not a tax.

SCOTUS: If it's not a tax, it's Unconstitutional. Congress said it was a penalty. But fear not. We know better. It's a TAX (when and to the extent we say it is).

President Obama (with relief) for a few seconds: Oh. Ok. It's a tax.

President Obama for public consumption (i.e., he's running for re-election): No. It's a PENALTY. It's NOT a Tax!

REALITY says: Let's be honest, shall we?

the_obama_tax_plan_t_shirt-p235712676926848906a6n74_325.jpg
According to Mitt Romney its a tax penalty.
Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages “free riders” to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others.

Who fucking cares what its called, anyway?

BTW - why are you voting for a candidate the supports communism so long as its on a state level?

Last edited:

Doubtful. First health reform wasn't going to survive the town halls of the summer of '09. Then it wasn't going to make it out of Senate Finance. Then it wasn't going to be able to scrape together sixty votes to break the filibuster. Then the election of Scott Brown was going to kill it by making a conference bill impossible. Then the 2010 elections were going to defund implementation. Then the Supreme Court was going to strike it down. Now it's going to be repealed through a process that can't be used to repeal it, by a hypothetical (though still trailing) President who pioneered it and tapped as his probable Chief of Staff a guy whose job for the past several years has been to implement it in states across the country.

Someday reality will sink it. But I honestly have no idea when that day will come for you.

No. Nothing doubtful about it at all.

But way to dodge the question, you quiffy dishonest liberal hack.

Perhaps that day has come sooner than you've let on up to this point.

Keep up a brave face.

The American People have 1 More chance to change the ACA to something closer to what they actually want.

Nov is it.

Want it changed, change the Government, Like it as is, Vote Democrat.

that simple.

President Obama: Let me make this CRYSTAL Clear. It's a PENALTY. It's not a tax.

SCOTUS: If it's not a tax, it's Unconstitutional. Congress said it was a penalty. But fear not. We know better. It's a TAX (when and to the extent we say it is).

President Obama for public consumption (i.e., he's running for re-election): No. It's a PENALTY. It's NOT a Tax!

Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages “free riders” to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others.

We all care. For if it's not a 'tax," as determined NOT by the words chosen by Congress IN their legislation, then it was not Constitutional according to CJ Roberts and the lib majority on the SCOTUS bench. What it was called seemed to matter a whole hell of a lot to the SCOTUS.

Got that yet, OmphyDufus?

If it ISN'T a "TAX" then it doesn't exist.

So it does matter what we call it.

If it doesn't matter, then why does the President now vehemently deny that it's a tax? HE says it's a "penalty." It apparently matters to HIM, too.

And you are WRONG, also, about what Mitt said. HE said (not about ObmaTax, but about the Massachusetts version of that kind of law) that it wasn't a "tax," it was a "fee."

As to the latter, I don't care. For that which is forbidden to the Federal Government by the Constitution is not necessarily forbidden to the States.

It is ObamaTax that I oppose. I am deeply gratified that it is going to get repealed.

The damage done by CJ Roberts' bullshit, dishonest, stupid, idiotic, dangerous "decision" is not so easily remedied.

No. Nothing doubtful about it at all.

But way to dodge the question, you quiffy dishonest liberal hack.

Perhaps that day has come sooner than you've let on up to this point.

Keep up a brave face.

That moronic incoherent reply may make no sense at all, but at least you get to continue dodging the question, you quiffy hack.

The American People have 1 More chance to change the ACA to something closer to what they actually want.

Nov is it.

that simple.

Yeah, they want it changed so they get all the benefits in the bill but none of the personal responsibility in it.

Nov is it.

that simple.

Yeah, they want it changed so they get all the benefits in the bill but none of the personal responsibility in it.

obamatax is only sustainable if money keeps going to the government once the money follow stops or slows down cuts from services will have to be made. OH hell you can get everything you want from government run healthcare until the cost out runs the money.

We all care. For if it's not a 'tax," as determined NOT by the words chosen by Congress IN their legislation, then it was not Constitutional according to CJ Roberts and the lib majority on the SCOTUS bench. What it was called seemed to matter a whole hell of a lot to the SCOTUS.

That's not in the opinion.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/11pdf/11-393c3a2.pdf

In fact it matters not if Congress calls it a tax or not - it only matters if it may be reasonably constructed as a tax. According to Bush appointee Chief Justice Roberts, at leas,t but I guess you know more about the Constitution than him.

Nov is it.

that simple.

obamatax is only sustainable if money keeps going to the government once the money follow stops or slows down cuts from services will have to be made. OH hell you can get everything you want from government run healthcare until the cost out runs the money.

And Romney's plan of forcing insurers to cover pre-existing conditions without an individual mandate is sustainable?

WTF are you guys smoking?

Right. Instead we'd have the problem of people who have health insurance dying unconscious in the emergency room because the paramedics couldn't locate their insurance card, you fucking moron.
Well well... look who might have a conscience after all? Sucks when you want it both ways, doesn't it?

You're babbling incoherently.
As a resident purveyor of babbling incoherance, I think you project much.

And Romney's plan of forcing insurers to cover pre-existing conditions without an individual mandate is sustainable?

WTF does that have to do with your comment

and my rebuttal to your comment. Shall I say nice deflection?

Why does the right wing think they will be able to repeal the ACA?

Both Romney and Obama support the individual mandate. So no matter who wins, you'll need a 2/3 vote in both houses to override their veto.

In fact, I don't see why the thing is even such a big issue, considering both major candidates support it.

Too bad the people can't vote, then it would be out since the majority hate it. Obama and some Dems are complete asses for defying the wishes of most Americans.

It's not a tax, oh wait, it is a tax long enough to uphold it, now it's not a tax. Fucking idiots will lie and must think we have the attention span of a gnat to keep buying their bull.

Unfortunately for Obama, the people will soon let him and his administration know what they think of their agenda.

WTF does that have to do with your comment'

Tell you what - you keep babbling, and don't worry about anything I say.

k?

WTF does that have to do with your comment'

Tell you what - you keep babbling, and don't worry about anything I say.

k?

When you lie I'll call you on it when you make a stupid comment I'll call you on it and you just made three stupid comments back to back.

Forum List

Back