Zone1 The next 4 years under Trump vs Biden

Kelo v New London, ObamaCare, and they only affirmed Heller by a 5-4 decision, for starters.
Kelo (expanded eminent domain powers) was decided by five liberal justices.
ObamaCare was decided by four liberal Justices and CJ Roberts, who was playing political games with it.
Heller (conservative majority) upheld the 2nd Amendment as a personal right.

So what was your point?

Kelo v New London, ObamaCare, and they only affirmed Heller by a 5-4 decision, for starters.

I find it interesting that you complain about bad rulings by a repub majority SCOTUS but you listed ObamaCare as a bad ruling? Had it been trashed as it should have been, then I could understand why you would call that a bad ruling but it went your way. Kelo was supported by the Lefties on the Court plus a renegade conservative who was often a swing vote. And the justices who voted against Heller were all liberals: Stevens, Souter, Ginsburg, and Breyer. Who's fault was it that Heller was affirmed by only 5-4 decision? You referenced bad ruling by repub majority SCOTUS yet your examples are not that of a conservative majority.

Up until lately, most of the time since 1950, the SCOTUS has been a split been lefties, righties, and a few fence-sitters. I wouldn't call those years a republican majority because some of the justices appointed by a republican were not conservatives. So, the idea that during those years the Court had a republican majority is somewhat dubious. They sure as hell didn't act like it.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that you complain about bad rulings by a repub majority SCOTUS but you listed ObamaCare as a bad ruling? Had it been trashed as it should have been, then I could understand why you would call that a bad ruling but it went your way.

Go ahead and fill me in on how it went my way, tribalist.

Trump had full support of ICE and the CBP in his migrant/illegal immigration policies that slowed illegal entry to a trickle and I expect he'll get near 100% of votes from those people in November. His economic policies put thousands of good dollars into pockets of all demographics and the space between the GDP and deficit was noticeably narrowing in his first three years before COVID hit. The only reason the national debt took such a huge jump was because of COVID with far less treasury revenues and dollars going out to keep businesses and individuals afloat during the lockdowns. Russia, China, Iran and North Korea all stopped saber rattling, our allies were paying a lot more of their fair share for NATO, four Arab countries made peace/trade agreements with Israel, and we had the closest thing to world peace any of us had ever seen.

P.S. He did that with a mostly hostile Congress and a 98% hostile media.

Biden has done absolutely nothing that wasn't harmful or destructive or divisive to the country in his first three years. There is no reason to think he'll do anything constructive, wise or helpful this year or in the next four years either either. We are being invaded by multi-millions of migrants with absolutely careless handling of who they are or where they are. Russia has invaded the Ukraine, Hamas attacked Israel--those wars continue as well as a new conflict in the Red Sea--and China, North Korea and Iran are all saber rattling again. The buying power of American families is down by thousands and, because of Obamacare more Americans are working part time with less benefits. Savings are dwindling and personal debt is exploding.

And that was with a mostly supportive Congress and mostly favorable media.

The smart vote in November for anybody capable of critical thinking at all is a no brainer.
The guy indicted on 91 felonies vs. the guy indicted zero times.

Yep...anyone who votes for the indicted guy is brainless.

The guy indicted on 91 felonies vs. the guy indicted zero times.

Yep...anyone who votes for the indicted guy is brainless.
As opposed to the brainless vegetable that you voted for?
BIDEN CAMPAIGN POSTER 2024.jpg

Forum List

Back