Repeal health law? Poll shows many think it should do more

So first you claim I am living off of others. When I show you that is BS. You focus on my mother, and claim I said it was ok she had her bill wrote off.

Not only did I never say it was OK. I have no control over my mother and what she does.

Keep deflecting from the fact you made false claims about my situation and what I have said if you want.

Not going to change the fact that you are making all sorts of assumptions about me when you have NO idea what you are talking about.

Then clear up your situation rather then saying other people have no idea.

To me it sounds like you're saying it's okay for your mother to get help from the government to help pay for her healthcare but it's not okay for other people which is a complete contradiction. Clear that up if I'm wrong but that's the way it sounds to me too.

I did. I told him I pay for my kids insurance and currently have none on myself as I am in between jobs. I could probably afford to cover me and my wife. If I liquidated some assets and cashed in some of my savings. I Chose to instead go uncovered for a short time while in Between Jobs. See it is that choice you people want to take away. You keep siting how many uninsured there are, and ignore the fact that a good number of the "unisured" are people just like me, or single people. Who if they really wanted to could afford to cover themselves. They choose to instead spend their money on other things. Many of which are not necessities.

I Also told him, I myself have never taken any gov Aid, and I have savings in the bank in case I get sick. I pay my own doctor bills, and my wife's. I will have insurance again soon enough.

I never said it was not ok for people to get help from the government when they need it. That is you assuming you know what I think. Opposition to the current incarnation of Gov Health care. Does not mean you are against people who need help getting it. I have never said I was against Medicare. Which my mother will be on in a few months. I simply have said in the past, that it is abused, and corrupted, and losing Billions. You people seem to think just because you see problems with the Government getting involved with shit, that you are somehow against aid to those who need it. You assume wrong.

The fact is the state will end up paying more for my mothers health care bills once the law is in effect. Then they did when the Hospital wrote off her bill. in that case the lost out on a small % of the 100,000 bill that they wrote off. Once the bill passes her economic situation will not change, and her Medical Bills will end up almost entirely being paid by the Government.

You guys seem to think everything is all or nothing. Either you are for This Bill, or you are against people who need help getting help. That is not the case. So please stop making assumptions.

And you have STILL not answered how you will pay for your healthcare costs if you have a heart attack right now. OR why didn't you pay for your mothers hospital bills instead of making the tax payers pick up the tab?

And you're right, it's not an all or nothing situation. I have MAJOR problems with the healthcare legislation but does that mean I think it needs to be repealed?? Of course not, but that's what the true all-or-nothing crowd want...."Repeal the whole bill because it doesn't do EVERYTHING that Obama promised".

The problem is we don't have millions of people declaring bankruptcy due to inability to pay the heat or electric bill. It's healthcare costs that are putting millions of people in to bankruptcy, with those uncollected costs being passed on to the rest of the people who are able to still pay. It's a broken system that needed fixing. And whether or not you have insurance or not IS your own business, not mine, not the governments, that is until that choice you make dramatically drives up the costs for everyone else. And the fact is that most people who don't have insurance in this country, actually do want it and are not choosing to go without it and are actually forced to bypass it due to the cost (ie. Charles_Main). It's a nasty cycle that needs a dramatic and widespread solution.

And Obama is a politician, I've never said everything out of his mouth is gospel or even true, but that doesn't change the fact that healthcare IS a problem in this country and the Rabbi likes to make up facts as he goes.

Feel free to post anything to contradict what I've posted.
As it is, we do not have "millions" of people filing bankruptcy because of medical debts. We had 1.5M file in 2009. Of those maybe half had medical bills that contributed to their filing. In many of those cases the cause was not the medical bills per se but the fact they were out of work and not earning income.
You keep stretching and posting crap that is unsubstantiated and every time you make a claim you get pwnd on it.
Keep posting. Or else you can declare you've won and just leave.

I've already posted evidence to contradict your "facts". Here it is again showing that the uninsured is actually about 50% more than what you claim it to be.

Number of people without health insurance rises | Healthcare Finance News

So no acknowledgment of this post huh Rabbi? You asked for ANY proof that contradicts what you said. Should I be shocked that you chose to ignore the link I posted, not once but twice? LMAO! Keep "pwning" me.

The Rabbi said:
Or else you can declare you've won and just leave.
The irony is strong with this one, yes.

Feel free to post anything to contradict what I've posted.
As it is, we do not have "millions" of people filing bankruptcy because of medical debts. We had 1.5M file in 2009. Of those maybe half had medical bills that contributed to their filing. In many of those cases the cause was not the medical bills per se but the fact they were out of work and not earning income.
You keep stretching and posting crap that is unsubstantiated and every time you make a claim you get pwnd on it.
Keep posting. Or else you can declare you've won and just leave.

I've already posted evidence to contradict your "facts". Here it is again showing that the uninsured is actually about 50% more than what you claim it to be.

So no acknowledgment of this post huh Rabbi? You asked for ANY proof that contradicts what you said. Should I be shocked that you chose to ignore the link I posted, not once but twice? LMAO! Keep "pwning" me.

The Rabbi said:

That actually confirms what I wrote, rather than contradicting it.
Sorry. Fail.
I knew I had you on Ignore for a reason. You are an idiot.

Then clear up your situation rather then saying other people have no idea.

To me it sounds like you're saying it's okay for your mother to get help from the government to help pay for her healthcare but it's not okay for other people which is a complete contradiction. Clear that up if I'm wrong but that's the way it sounds to me too.

I did. I told him I pay for my kids insurance and currently have none on myself as I am in between jobs. I could probably afford to cover me and my wife. If I liquidated some assets and cashed in some of my savings. I Chose to instead go uncovered for a short time while in Between Jobs. See it is that choice you people want to take away. You keep siting how many uninsured there are, and ignore the fact that a good number of the "unisured" are people just like me, or single people. Who if they really wanted to could afford to cover themselves. They choose to instead spend their money on other things. Many of which are not necessities.

I Also told him, I myself have never taken any gov Aid, and I have savings in the bank in case I get sick. I pay my own doctor bills, and my wife's. I will have insurance again soon enough.

I never said it was not ok for people to get help from the government when they need it. That is you assuming you know what I think. Opposition to the current incarnation of Gov Health care. Does not mean you are against people who need help getting it. I have never said I was against Medicare. Which my mother will be on in a few months. I simply have said in the past, that it is abused, and corrupted, and losing Billions. You people seem to think just because you see problems with the Government getting involved with shit, that you are somehow against aid to those who need it. You assume wrong.

The fact is the state will end up paying more for my mothers health care bills once the law is in effect. Then they did when the Hospital wrote off her bill. in that case the lost out on a small % of the 100,000 bill that they wrote off. Once the bill passes her economic situation will not change, and her Medical Bills will end up almost entirely being paid by the Government.

You guys seem to think everything is all or nothing. Either you are for This Bill, or you are against people who need help getting help. That is not the case. So please stop making assumptions.

And you have STILL not answered how you will pay for your healthcare costs if you have a heart attack right now. OR why didn't you pay for your mothers hospital bills instead of making the tax payers pick up the tab?

And you're right, it's not an all or nothing situation. I have MAJOR problems with the healthcare legislation but does that mean I think it needs to be repealed?? Of course not, but that's what the true all-or-nothing crowd want...."Repeal the whole bill because it doesn't do EVERYTHING that Obama promised".

Well I have never said I was for repeal. However clearly this current Bill will not lower the cost of Health care, and only lowering the cost of health care is going to fix this situation.

Last edited:

The Rabbi said:

Sorry. Fail.

Oh is that so?

Close to 90% of people have health care insurance one way or another.

Here is what you said since you forgot what you wrote Rabbi or are a COMPLETE liar. You pick. Pitiful.

Sorry. Fail.

Oh is that so?

Here is what you said since you forgot what you wrote Rabbi or are a COMPLETE liar. You pick. Pitiful.
And your link confirms what I wrote. Or are you too stupid to understand that?

Sorry. Fail.

Oh is that so?

Again how is 90% not accurate. There are 300 plus million people in this country, and according to the estimates around 30 to 40 Million uninsured.

That leaves close to 90% with insurance. Which is exactly what he said

Well I have never said I was for repeal. However clearly this current Bill will not lower the cost of Health care, and only lowering the cost of health care is going to fix this situation.

So I'll just assume that since you refuse to answer my questions, that means you are conceding that you actually don't have a reasonable answer. Fine.

And we finally agree, I don't think this bill will lower health care costs, which is one MAJOR portion of what needs to be fixed with the health care legislation, which brings us right back to the point of this thread. MANY Americans don't feel this bill went far enough. I guess you just switched sides to one of those people. Welcome to the side or rationale thought and logic.

Sorry. Fail.

Oh is that so?

The link states that 15% of people don't have insurance, how does that confirm what you wrote? Tell me you are going to say "I said CLOSE to 90%".....PLEASE let that be your explanation.

Sorry. Fail.

Oh is that so?

Again how is 90% not accurate. There are 300 plus million people in this country, and according to the estimates around 30 to 40 Million uninsured.

That leaves close to 90% with insurance. Which is exactly what he said

Charles, please just look at the link I posted with the data. 15% of people don't have insurance which is more then the 10% that Rabbi claimed.

So I'll just assume that since you refuse to answer my questions, that means you are conceding that you actually don't have a reasonable answer. Fine.

And we finally agree, I don't think this bill will lower health care costs, which is one MAJOR portion of what needs to be fixed with the health care legislation, which brings us right back to the point of this thread. MANY Americans don't feel this bill went far enough. I guess you just switched sides to one of those people. Welcome to the side or rationale thought and logic.

I think you equate people thinking this bill did not address the right things, to people wanting Even more government control of health care.

That would be incorrect.

the people only agree on one thing. They want to be able to afford health care. They do not agree on how to go about achieving that.

Sorry. Fail.

Oh is that so?

Since my link confirms what you said, quote me the portion that supports your claim that 90% of people have insurance.

I'll even go first and quote the part that shows you're full of complete bullshit

"The U.S. Census Bureau announced this week that the number of people without health insurance coverage rose from 45.7 million in 2007 to 46.3 million in 2008, although the percentage remained unchanged at 15.4 percent."

Oh is that so?

Since my link confirms what you said, quote me the portion that supports your claim that 90% of people have insurance.

I'll even go first and quote the part that shows you're full of complete bullshit

"The U.S. Census Bureau announced this week that the number of people without health insurance coverage rose from 45.7 million in 2007 to 46.3 million in 2008, although the percentage remained unchanged at 15.4 percent."

he said close to 90%, are you saying 84.6% is not close to 90%?

lol

lol

LOL, really? That's EXACTLY my point. Rabbi likes to stretch the truth. The jump from 10% to 15% is an increase of 50%, that's not exactly a small number. We are talking the difference between 30 million and 45 million people. I was just pointing out the "liberties" that Rabbi like to take with facts.

you are truly one of the stupidest people on the planet.

And she's right in your corner on every other issue. Does that tell you something? Probably not.

ActuLly, you nasty
Ittle troll, if you had an ounce of reading comprehension, you'd know we never agree. So either you're as stupid as she is, or you're a compulsive liar.

I just proved him to be an actual outright liar, so I'll guess and say its the second choice....if not both.

Well accept for when Jews are involved. :)

I don't know... you've agreed with me more than a few times in the past couple of weeks. So I'm kind of wondering who you think that kind of thing impresses. Given I have pretty good relationships with people left and right (with the exception of the loons), it kind of looks silly.

I don't know... you've agreed with me more than a few times in the past couple of weeks. So I'm kind of wondering who you think that kind of thing impresses. Given I have pretty good relationships with people left and right (with the exception of the loons), it kind of looks silly.

I was simply commenting on the fact that there are many on the left who seem to agree with you on most issues, unless the issue involves Jews Or Israel.

I was not trying to impress anyone.

I was simply commenting on the fact that there are many on the left who seem to agree with you on most issues, unless the issue involves Jews Or Israel.

I was not trying to impress anyone.

not her, though. and the extremes of both sides have issues with jews and israel. nutters to the left of me//nutters to the right.

and ok. :thup:

lol

LOL, really? That's EXACTLY my point. Rabbi likes to stretch the truth. The jump from 10% to 15% is an increase of 50%, that's not exactly a small number. We are talking the difference between 30 million and 45 million people. I was just pointing out the "liberties" that Rabbi like to take with facts.

So the answer is "yes" he is saying that 85% is not close to 90%. And typically it is not a 50% increase, it is an error of 6%. And when the healthcare debate first got started and Obama was flacking "all the people who don't have health insurance" the 15% figure was right. His policies have thrown millions out of work and their coverage has lapsed, leading to the higher figure.
But RDD is too stupid to grasp the subtleties of all that and will crow how he humiliated me.
That's why he is a douche bag of world class proportions.

Forum List

Back