Repeal health law? Poll shows many think it should do more

I did. I told him I pay for my kids insurance and currently have none on myself as I am in between jobs. I could probably afford to cover me and my wife. If I liquidated some assets and cashed in some of my savings. I Chose to instead go uncovered for a short time while in Between Jobs. See it is that choice you people want to take away. [...] I will have insurance again soon enough.

[...] I have never said I was against Medicare. Which my mother will be on in a few months.

Maybe you can explain your world view to me because I really don't know what you believe or what you want. I know that you support:

1) Privatizing Medicare, presumably meaning seniors get vouchers to buy private coverage,
2) Deregulating the insurance market, and
3) Ending employer-sponsored coverage.

I know that because you voted in my poll.

But presumably if your mother had $100,000+ in medical bills, she has some health problems. Which, in a deregulated market, means no insurer is going to voluntarily cover her, regardless of how generous her voucher is. Should she get care or should she not?

You say you'll have health insurance again soon enough (presumably when you get a new job) and you can be reasonably confident of that--even if you develop a medical condition between now and that time--because people in group plans enjoy certain federal protections. But if you want to push everyone into the individual market and you want to deregulate the individual market as much as possible, you're stripping those protections from lots of people (including yourself) who either already do or will benefit from them. If you develop a health problem in the near future, should you be precluded from getting insurance coverage? Should anyone who's currently between jobs face that scenario?

People usually start by suggesting they want Policy X or Y but I'm curious: what outcomes do you want to see?

Last edited:
I don't know... you've agreed with me more than a few times in the past couple of weeks. So I'm kind of wondering who you think that kind of thing impresses. Given I have pretty good relationships with people left and right (with the exception of the loons), it kind of looks silly.

I was simply commenting on the fact that there are many on the left who seem to agree with you on most issues, unless the issue involves Jews Or Israel.

I was not trying to impress anyone.

not her, though. and the extremes of both sides have issues with jews and israel. nutters to the left of me//nutters to the right.

and ok. :thup:

just to show how mentaly unhinged the pretend rabbi is, this may be the funniest and most delusional rep comment ever in the history of the USMB, in response to my post above:

Hi, you have received -37 reputation points from The Rabbi.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Leftist jew-hater

Regards,
The Rabbi

Note: This is an automated message.

i vote that one number one with a bullet of all the insane rep comments ever.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

so not only can't he read... or articulate... or form a linear argument... or have a civil conversation, we now know he's on hallucinogens.

:rofl:

freaktard.

and what's really cool is i had truthmatter calling me a pal torturer and him implying i'm a self-hating jew in the same thread.

life is sweet... two of the stupidest people on the planet joining together. it deserves a song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr9hPbYmBo[/ame]

Last edited:
Does it make any difference that of that 90% of people insured, 43 million are covered under Medicare, 53 million are covered under Medicaid, 9 million under Tri-care. That's about a third of the population currently covered in Government programs. Yet adding another 15-45 million are going to break us?

I don't think so.

Does it make any difference that of that 90% of people insured, 43 million are covered under Medicare, 53 million are covered under Medicaid, 9 million under Tri-care. That's about a third of the population currently covered in Government programs. Yet adding another 15-45 million are going to break us?

I don't think so.

wow.... a rational assessment. cool! :cool:

I was simply commenting on the fact that there are many on the left who seem to agree with you on most issues, unless the issue involves Jews Or Israel.

I was not trying to impress anyone.

not her, though. and the extremes of both sides have issues with jews and israel. nutters to the left of me//nutters to the right.

and ok. :thup:

just to show how mentaly unhinged the pretend rabbi is, this may be the funniest and most delusional rep comment ever in the history of the USMB, in response to my post above:

Comment:
Leftist jew-hater

Regards,
The Rabbi

WTF LOL

I don't think so.

It is not all that rational. It ignores the fact the Medicare and Medicaid are already breaking us. So yes adding even more will indeed speed up the process.

Adding a bunch of people to an unsustainable system is a no no.

he said close to 90%, are you saying 84.6% is not close to 90%?

lol

LOL, really? That's EXACTLY my point. Rabbi likes to stretch the truth. The jump from 10% to 15% is an increase of 50%, that's not exactly a small number. We are talking the difference between 30 million and 45 million people. I was just pointing out the "liberties" that Rabbi like to take with facts.

So the answer is "yes" he is saying that 85% is not close to 90%. And typically it is not a 50% increase, it is an error of 6%. And when the healthcare debate first got started and Obama was flacking "all the people who don't have health insurance" the 15% figure was right. His policies have thrown millions out of work and their coverage has lapsed, leading to the higher figure.
But RDD is too stupid to grasp the subtleties of all that and will crow how he humiliated me.
That's why he is a douche bag of world class proportions.

LOL, So in your world increasing from 10% to 15% is NOT a 50% increase? Yes or no?
And I asked you to quote which part of the article I posted supported your 90% claim. Where is it?

Fucking hack. You're a disgrace to all Jews. I'd be ashamed if I cared enough.

LOL, really? That's EXACTLY my point. Rabbi likes to stretch the truth. The jump from 10% to 15% is an increase of 50%, that's not exactly a small number. We are talking the difference between 30 million and 45 million people. I was just pointing out the "liberties" that Rabbi like to take with facts.

So the answer is "yes" he is saying that 85% is not close to 90%. And typically it is not a 50% increase, it is an error of 6%. And when the healthcare debate first got started and Obama was flacking "all the people who don't have health insurance" the 15% figure was right. His policies have thrown millions out of work and their coverage has lapsed, leading to the higher figure.
But RDD is too stupid to grasp the subtleties of all that and will crow how he humiliated me.

LOL, So in your world increasing from 10% to 15% is NOT a 50% increase? Yes or no?
And I asked you to quote which part of the article I posted supported your 90% claim. Where is it?

You obviously failed math.
You've just as obviously failed life.

LMAO!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!!! HOLY SHIT, You don't understand that a jump from 10% to 15% is a 50% increase. AMAZING!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE feel free to make fun of me and "pwn" me anytime you want, it will just remind me that you genuinely are an idiot, not based on opinion, but an actual proven fact. LOL!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

LMAO!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!!! HOLY SHIT, You don't understand that a jump from 10% to 15% is a 50% increase. AMAZING!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE feel free to make fun of me and "pwn" me anytime you want, it will just remind me that you genuinely are an idiot, not based on opinion, but an actual proven fact. LOL!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Seriously dude, Please show me where I ever said Health care reform was bad. All I have said is that this BILL is bad.

I respectfully ask that you stop misrepresenting me in your sig.

Seriously dude, Please show me where I ever said Health care reform was bad. All I have said is that this BILL is bad.

He's a waste of bandwidth. He's got boogers for brains. No knowledge base combined with poor reasoning skills and inappropriate inferences.

I don't think so.

It is not all that rational. It ignores the fact the Medicare and Medicaid are already breaking us. So yes adding even more will indeed speed up the process.

Medicare and Medicaid are not breaking us. They are some of the leanest all-encompassing health care providers out there. With, I might add, the shittiest of clientle vis a vis health care consumers. Long term nursing care, disabled people and people living in poverty. And they spend about 4 grand on average per person.

We refuse to sustain the system. There is a difference.

Medicare and Medicaid are not breaking us. They are some of the leanest all-encompassing health care providers out there. With, I might add, the shittiest of clientle vis a vis health care consumers. Long term nursing care, disabled people and people living in poverty. And they spend about 4 grand on average per person.

Uh no.
Trustees Report Summary
Ezra Klein - Will Medicare -- And the Public Option -- Bankrupt Us?

Uh no.
Trustees Report Summary
Ezra Klein - Will Medicare -- And the Public Option -- Bankrupt Us?

From your Ezra Klein link.

The relevant question, then, is not whether Medicare will bankrupt us, but will it do so more quickly than private health-care insurance? The answer here, too, is simple: no. Between 1970 and 2000, annual per-enrollee spending growth was 11.1 percent for private health insurance and 9.7 percent for Medicare. Between 2000 and 2004, Medicare's costs grew 6.7 percent per person while private health insurance costs grew by 9.5 percent.

Now, I don't know how ANY program is going to address the cost issue without much more government intervention than anyone would want nor do I think the answer we are all looking for is an ever increasing disparity between the haves and the have-nots when it comes to health care access. And the trustee report shows a bubble of needing general revenue funds till the system swallows the baby boomers.

Unless that is your solution.

Comment:
Leftist jew-hater

Regards,
The Rabbi

i vote that one number one with a bullet of all the insane rep comments ever.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

so not only can't he read... or articulate... or form a linear argument... or have a civil conversation, we now know he's on hallucinogens.

:rofl:

freaktard.

and what's really cool is i had truthmatter calling me a pal torturer and him implying i'm a self-hating jew in the same thread.

life is sweet... two of the stupidest people on the planet joining together. it deserves a song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr9hPbYmBo]YouTube - New Seekers - I'd Like ToTeach The World To Sing[/ame]

I had to read that rep comment twice. No kidding. Just when I thought I'd seen everything...jillian a jew hater? Congratulations, Rabbi! That one's going to be hard to top. :thup:

He's a waste of bandwidth. He's got boogers for brains. No knowledge base combined with poor reasoning skills and inappropriate inferences.

LOL!!! I may have "boogers for brains", WTF?, but at least I have the ability to do basic math.

You are proven to be a liar AND an actual idiot all in one thread. That's no small feat. Be proud. :lol:

I'll remove it because I don't think you're a bad guy or an idiot like others are in this thread. I just would like to see you actually discuss the bill logically in the future instead of just blindly bashing it because you have freely admitted here that the bill isn't all bad.

And she's right in your corner on every other issue. Does that tell you something? Probably not.

ActuLly, you nasty
Ittle troll, if you had an ounce of reading comprehension, you'd know we never agree. So either you're as stupid as she is, or you're a compulsive liar.

I just proved him to be an actual outright liar, so I'll guess and say its the second choice....if not both.

Jillian, I'd like to make a correction. Rabbi, is actually BOTH of your choices. We knew he was a liar and now he has outright shown that he is actually stupid. Ask him a basic math question and get ready for a laugh. :tongue:

Forum List

Back