Once upon a time Sir.

debuldge

American Dream?
Sep 26, 2010
Rats now the satellite’s are circling my house and burning my retina’s, oh my eyes, yes Mr Obama i will obey.
OK, Barack and Michelle – it’s my turn now.

As long as you seem to be on the road of informality, throwing tradition, etiquette, proper diplomacy, protocol and common sense out the window and replacing it with 21st century casual, I’m taking the liberty, as an American citizen, to give you a message from my heart: stop it!

For two people of your political and diplomatic level, your breezy disregard for proper behavior is embarrassing.
Just a reminder: On Jan. 20, you were sworn in as president of the United States of America and your wife became first lady. It’s a huge responsibility on many levels, but the most obvious involves what we see and hear.

Judging by what we’ve seen and heard lately, there are problems. Remember “hope and change”? That campaign rhetoric got you elected. It was the philosophy of wishful thinking.

Hope – that you would maintain the dignity of the office and change – that you’d do what’s right for the country.
Apparently we’ll have to keep hoping because we got change, and it’s not good.

We’ve been treated to you repeatedly criticizing and apologizing for our country on foreign soil in front of world leaders. Then, to make it worse, you bowed to the Saudi king, a full, from-the-waist, bow!

What was that about? Bowing signifies subservience! You can make book that the Saudis and all the Middle East understands that. Barack, the president of the United States of America is not subservient to anyone.

That bow was inappropriate and demeaning to your office and to all Americans. You should be ashamed, at the very least, embarrassed.

Another issue: While speaking in France, you said America has “shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive” toward Europe. There you go again – groveling and apologizing for your country. Is it your genes, your religion or were you brought up that way? Is demeaning your country a way to gain respect?

Then, there was the visit with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. There are guidelines to how to act and what to say, and they do not include hugs. I realize that’s part of the touchy-feely mentality of the day, Michelle, but really. You do not touch the queen; she’s not your neighbor.

I know we’re told she put her arm around your back, but she did it after you made the first move. She did it because the woman has manners and didn’t want to embarrass you. Or perhaps, like your husband, you don’t know how to be embarrassed.
Oh, and when you pose for pictures with the queen, you should know that Prince Philip stands next to her. It was really unseemly for you to push your way next to her and force him off to the side. You should have stood next to Barack, allowing Philip to stand next to his wife.

You got a lot of attention for your wardrobe but really, J. Crew casual for a state visit? I like their clothes but a skirt, (wrinkled at that) a top and sweater are inappropriate. Your incessant choice of sleeveless dresses is tiresome; I am tired of armpits and muscles.

Another not so minor point: The American economy is hurting. As the American first couple, you shouldsupport American designers and manufacturers for your public wardrobes; you intentionally avoid them. That’s a big mistake – for your role as first lady and someone who wants to look her best.

Speaking of that: Please remember the ever-present cameras. Did you see that picture of you sitting on a couch talking to French First Lady Carla Bruni Sarkozy?
She sits like a lady and you, with a short, tight skirt and oddly crossed legs, look like it’s a coffee klatch. It’s very unflattering and careless. You don’t get a pass for that.

Then consider treatment of guests and gifts.
First, Tony Blair’s gift to the White House of a bust of Churchill was summarily returned to the British embassy. Obama didn’t want it so he returned the gift?!?!?
Michelle, please talk to him.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown was given short shrift during his U.S visit, and his “presidential gift” was a set of videos of movies. Unfortunately, the format was incompatible for British VCRs! As for the gift to the queen? An iPod loaded with show tunes, videos of her prior D.C visit and Obama’s speeches.

P.S., she already had one. To cover that fiasco, CBS reported the queen requested that gift. Does anyone believe that?

It seems “first couple” Barack and Michelle is having some rough patches in their new jobs. The title of president sounds nice. It conjures images of the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet, who is accomplished, collected, smart, couth and savvy.

Well, no. The president of the United States and his wife are navigating through some difficult shoals in their forays with international leaders, and they’ve stepped in it big time to the everlasting embarrassment of this country. We deserve better.
What do they teach at Ivy League schools? Clearly, nothing about manners, decorum, protocol or tradition.
And apparently, the White House department that’s supposed to review such issues with the first couple – doesn’t know what it’s doing either. Word has it the new administration didn’t know there’s a State Department protocol office!
But then, when you think you know everything, why ask for advice?

Lest you think it’s just me criticizing the Obama’s, a British blogger came up with this description of them: “Classless. Thoughtless. Clueless.”

Wow........what a mindless piece of crap you posted

You still have nothing better to post than "Obama bows to foreign leaders"? Are you that ignorant? Do you want to start posting pictures of Bush holding hands with a Saudi prince? Nixon bowing to Mao?

A president showing respect to another leader is not degrading our country

.....Especially when legit-sources are so-much-more amusing!!​

"The great American humorist, Will Rogers, said that he belonged to no organized political party, since he was a Democrat. Now a century on, it's the Republicans' turn."
"There are several alarming things about Christine O'Donnell, the political neophyte who hopes to become Delaware's next United States senator.

But the most alarming thing? Ignorance. O'Donnell represents the ascendancy of the unenlightened. The new poster girl for benightedness (she can make Palin sound almost Jeffersonian), she is a glittering example of how a breathtaking lack of balance, information and suitability can still win friends and influence people.

Only in America, huh?"

:clap2:

Last edited:
But the most alarming thing? Ignorance. O'Donnell represents the ascendancy of the unenlightened. The new poster girl for benightedness (she can make Palin sound almost Jeffersonian), she is a glittering example of how a breathtaking lack of balance, information and suitability can still win friends and influence people.

And who thought beauty queens would never ammount to anything? They have a place in the tea party

You still have nothing better to post than "Obama bows to foreign leaders"? Are you that ignorant? Do you want to start posting pictures of Bush holding hands with a Saudi prince? Nixon bowing to Mao?

Go fuck yourself,ya dont know shit about anything,yea id like them pictures also ,and one of you getting it in the ass

He was and still is an inexperienced Marxist-indoctrinated "Community Organizer." He never was qualified to be President. I have said this all along. Good to see some finally catching onto this. We desperately need a "Correction Election" in November. The Democrats gotta go. The 2012 "Correction Election" will then be next. Get out and vote people.

The diatribe looks to be someone's weekend exercise in profundity, a perceived work of art, which must be posted on every open political forum on the Internet. He's looking for accolades! Perhaps a Pulitzer! Like...omagosh...none of that has ever EVER been articulated before!

Go fuck yourself,ya dont know shit about anything,yea id like them pictures also ,and one of you getting it in the ass

Well that didn't take long.

Another village is missing an idiot.
4956055.gif

Forum List

Back