Repeal health law? Poll shows many think it should do more

And if he had no money the hospital wouldn't get the money they are owed and guess who gets to pick up those costs??? Everyone else through higher costs and premiums. So sure, he has freedom of choice. He's choosing to raise MY costs by refusing to have health insurance.

And I called out Rabbi because he loves to post his opinions as if they were fact while frequently stretching the truth. The number of people without insurance before healthcare reform passed was actually closer to 15%, and that doesn't account for people who had piss poor insurance.

Number of people without health insurance rises | Healthcare Finance News

You are assuming an inherent negative that does not inherently exist

Just as your bills for heat, power, and everything else is on you, and your rates on each could go up nor someone else's non-payment, the same can happen with health care in a free private system....

still better than a government mandated system

whether you have no insurance, piss poor insurance, or primo insurance is your motherfucking business... not the governments, not mine... you have the freedom to choose which insurance you buy or where you get your health care, as I do..

And i can also guess you are admitting that Obama lied in his supposed statistics he gave in support of his healthcare fiasco?

The problem is we don't have millions of people declaring bankruptcy due to inability to pay the heat or electric bill. It's healthcare costs that are putting millions of people in to bankruptcy, with those uncollected costs being passed on to the rest of the people who are able to still pay. It's a broken system that needed fixing. And whether or not you have insurance or not IS your own business, not mine, not the governments, that is until that choice you make dramatically drives up the costs for everyone else. And the fact is that most people who don't have insurance in this country, actually do want it and are not choosing to go without it and are actually forced to bypass it due to the cost (ie. Charles_Main). It's a nasty cycle that needs a dramatic and widespread solution.

And Obama is a politician, I've never said everything out of his mouth is gospel or even true, but that doesn't change the fact that healthcare IS a problem in this country and the Rabbi likes to make up facts as he goes.

Feel free to post anything to contradict what I've posted.
As it is, we do not have "millions" of people filing bankruptcy because of medical debts. We had 1.5M file in 2009. Of those maybe half had medical bills that contributed to their filing. In many of those cases the cause was not the medical bills per se but the fact they were out of work and not earning income.
You keep stretching and posting crap that is unsubstantiated and every time you make a claim you get pwnd on it.
Keep posting. Or else you can declare you've won and just leave.

LOL, keep up the delusion that your mother is the only one paying in to the system for years and so she's the only one who deserves help from the government. Nice rationale!!

Keep neg repping me, I welcome it. I'll leave your blatant hypocrisy in my signature so you don't forget. Look at it this way, since you don't work at least this will give you something to do every day.

Once again you are putting words into my mouth. I never said ONLY!

grow up kid. You are not paying anything for me. Not a dime, and you never will.

Ahhhh, so she isn't the only one who deserves government help for her health care costs? So the problem is more wide spread then just your mother? Tell me again your stance on the government helping out those people in need? I just want to be clear on your position.

And the second your family got a cent in assistance from the government for healthcare costs either directly (medicare one day for your mom) or indirectly (hospital write offs) I AM in fact helping to pay for your families health care.
But you know what, I'm ok with that because I realize that not everyone in this country can afford the care they need and I'm ok with my tax dollars going to help people who need that help such as you and your family. It just confuses me that the very people who benefit from the system are some of the biggest opponents to that very system. I chalk it up to a lack of understanding.

She did not get government assistance. I do not see how you equate the government losing a few thousand dollars of Tax revenue from a hospital as being the same as the government paying her bills. Seems to me that is far more efficient than having the government and us all on the hook for all her bills.

Last edited:
You know how you know when you've completely dominated someone in an argument. They have nothing else to say so they neg-rep you. Thanks guys!

You are totally delusional pal.

My Mother worked her entire life paying taxes the whole time. I think the government can handle not getting a few thousand dollars in taxes from a hospital because they decided to write off her bill.

You are reaching so hard here it is funny.

You got neg reped for attributing something to me in your sig that I never said.

As long as it is in your sig, I will neg rep you every chance I get. so get used to it.

So, let me get this straight....it's OK to redistribute other people's wealth to cover your Mother's unpaid hospital bills?

Once again you are putting words into my mouth. I never said ONLY!

grow up kid. You are not paying anything for me. Not a dime, and you never will.

Ahhhh, so she isn't the only one who deserves government help for her health care costs? So the problem is more wide spread then just your mother? Tell me again your stance on the government helping out those people in need? I just want to be clear on your position.

And the second your family got a cent in assistance from the government for healthcare costs either directly (medicare one day for your mom) or indirectly (hospital write offs) I AM in fact helping to pay for your families health care.
But you know what, I'm ok with that because I realize that not everyone in this country can afford the care they need and I'm ok with my tax dollars going to help people who need that help such as you and your family. It just confuses me that the very people who benefit from the system are some of the biggest opponents to that very system. I chalk it up to a lack of understanding.

She did not get government assistance. I do not see how you equate the government losing a few thousand dollars of Tax revenue from a hospital as being the same as the government paying her bills. Seems to me that is far more efficient than having the government and us all on the hook for all her bills.

And when did I ever say the government should be on the hook for everyones medical bills?? Feel free to link me to the post where I said that.

You keep talking in circles, but the facts remain the same. Your mother got her healthcare costs at least partially paid for by the government and there are millions of other people who need help just like she did and this is a problem that needed a solution.

You know how you know when you've completely dominated someone in an argument. They have nothing else to say so they neg-rep you. Thanks guys!

My Mother worked her entire life paying taxes the whole time. I think the government can handle not getting a few thousand dollars in taxes from a hospital because they decided to write off her bill.

You got neg reped for attributing something to me in your sig that I never said.

As long as it is in your sig, I will neg rep you every chance I get. so get used to it.

So, let me get this straight....it's OK to redistribute other people's wealth to cover your Mother's unpaid hospital bills?

Exactly, he is somehow failing to see or denying to accept the fact that his family is being helped by the very government he is blasting for trying to help others.

You are assuming an inherent negative that does not inherently exist

Just as your bills for heat, power, and everything else is on you, and your rates on each could go up nor someone else's non-payment, the same can happen with health care in a free private system....

still better than a government mandated system

whether you have no insurance, piss poor insurance, or primo insurance is your motherfucking business... not the governments, not mine... you have the freedom to choose which insurance you buy or where you get your health care, as I do..

And i can also guess you are admitting that Obama lied in his supposed statistics he gave in support of his healthcare fiasco?

The problem is we don't have millions of people declaring bankruptcy due to inability to pay the heat or electric bill. It's healthcare costs that are putting millions of people in to bankruptcy, with those uncollected costs being passed on to the rest of the people who are able to still pay. It's a broken system that needed fixing. And whether or not you have insurance or not IS your own business, not mine, not the governments, that is until that choice you make dramatically drives up the costs for everyone else. And the fact is that most people who don't have insurance in this country, actually do want it and are not choosing to go without it and are actually forced to bypass it due to the cost (ie. Charles_Main). It's a nasty cycle that needs a dramatic and widespread solution.

And Obama is a politician, I've never said everything out of his mouth is gospel or even true, but that doesn't change the fact that healthcare IS a problem in this country and the Rabbi likes to make up facts as he goes.

Feel free to post anything to contradict what I've posted.
As it is, we do not have "millions" of people filing bankruptcy because of medical debts. We had 1.5M file in 2009. Of those maybe half had medical bills that contributed to their filing. In many of those cases the cause was not the medical bills per se but the fact they were out of work and not earning income.
You keep stretching and posting crap that is unsubstantiated and every time you make a claim you get pwnd on it.
Keep posting. Or else you can declare you've won and just leave.

I've already posted evidence to contradict your "facts". Here it is again showing that the uninsured is actually about 50% more than what you claim it to be.

Number of people without health insurance rises | Healthcare Finance News

Exactly, he is somehow failing to see or denying to accept the fact that his family is being helped by the very government he is blasting for trying to help others.

I know you are not surprised by this. It is really no different than all of the blue hairs at the Tea Bagger rallies holding up signs saying "'keep your government hands off my Medicare"..:cuckoo:

Republican plan for healthcare - if you get sick die quickly. Was compassionate conservatism ever anything more than an empty slogan.

So first you claim I am living off of others. When I show you that is BS. You focus on my mother, and claim I said it was ok she had her bill wrote off.

Not only did I never say it was OK. I have no control over my mother and what she does.

Keep deflecting from the fact you made false claims about my situation and what I have said if you want.

Not going to change the fact that you are making all sorts of assumptions about me when you have NO idea what you are talking about.

So first you claim I am living off of others. When I show you that is BS. You focus on my mother, and claim I said it was ok she had her bill wrote off.

Not only did I never say it was OK. I have no control over my mother and what she does.

Keep deflecting from the fact you made false claims about my situation and what I have said if you want.

Not going to change the fact that you are making all sorts of assumptions about me when you have NO idea what you are talking about.

Then clear up your situation rather then saying other people have no idea.

To me it sounds like you're saying it's okay for your mother to get help from the government to help pay for her healthcare but it's not okay for other people which is a complete contradiction. Clear that up if I'm wrong but that's the way it sounds to me too.

LOL, you've resorted to throwing your mother under the bus now rather then admit that maybe just maybe you could possibly be wrong. Some son you are. If you have so much in savings, why didn't you pay for your mothers hospital bills? I don't recall seeing that answer from you.

And when did you tell me how you planned to pay for healthcare costs if you had a heart attack right now and got rushed to the hospital. Oh that's right.....it's coming out of your "savings". LOL! Too much pride to admit that maybe you are actually a part of the problem in this country.

To me it sounds like you're saying it's okay for your mother to get help from the government to help pay for her healthcare but it's not okay for other people which is a complete contradiction. Clear that up if I'm wrong but that's the way it sounds to me too.

He knows I actually DO have a very good idea of what his situation is. He's told me himself his situation and I feel bad for him. There are millions of people in similar situations like him and his family. My problem is I want to see something change in this country to help people like him, while he doesn't....well not for others he doesn't, just his family.

He knows I actually DO have a very good idea of what his situation is. He's told me himself his situation and I feel bad for him. There are millions of people in similar situations like him and his family. My problem is I want to see something change in this country to help people like him, while he doesn't....well not for others he doesn't, just his family.

I'm right with you there. It's just that there are people out there who fight it just because they don't want to pay a little more. This country would be so much better off if everyone received adequate health care. Unfortunately people somehow think that's a bad thing though.

Last edited:
It would have been nice if this clusterfuck of a HC bill that the Dems passed has some REFORM IN IT.

It would have been nice if it did something address the problem. THE COST.

But it doesn't.

All this bill does is dump millions on the roles.

All this bill does is make those with responsible for those without.

I hope this bill does get repealed.

They need to start over and address the problem. THE COST.

I still love the drama of "there's a health care problem... there's a health care problem!!!" :rolleyes:

Well guess what... there are a lot of problems in this country... a hunger problem, a laziness problem, an AIDS problem, etc... and NONE of them are the government's or society's responsibility to fix for you... they are your responsibility to fix for yourself... nothing prevents you from purchasing or obtaining any service in this society, except your own effort and preparedness

Last edited:

I did. I told him I pay for my kids insurance and currently have none on myself as I am in between jobs. I could probably afford to cover me and my wife. If I liquidated some assets and cashed in some of my savings. I Chose to instead go uncovered for a short time while in Between Jobs. See it is that choice you people want to take away. You keep siting how many uninsured there are, and ignore the fact that a good number of the "unisured" are people just like me, or single people. Who if they really wanted to could afford to cover themselves. They choose to instead spend their money on other things. Many of which are not necessities.

I Also told him, I myself have never taken any gov Aid, and I have savings in the bank in case I get sick. I pay my own doctor bills, and my wife's. I will have insurance again soon enough.

I never said it was not ok for people to get help from the government when they need it. That is you assuming you know what I think. Opposition to the current incarnation of Gov Health care. Does not mean you are against people who need help getting it. I have never said I was against Medicare. Which my mother will be on in a few months. I simply have said in the past, that it is abused, and corrupted, and losing Billions. You people seem to think just because you see problems with the Government getting involved with shit, that you are somehow against aid to those who need it. You assume wrong.

The fact is the state will end up paying more for my mothers health care bills once the law is in effect. Then they did when the Hospital wrote off her bill. in that case the lost out on a small % of the 100,000 bill that they wrote off. Once the bill passes her economic situation will not change, and her Medical Bills will end up almost entirely being paid by the Government.

You guys seem to think everything is all or nothing. Either you are for This Bill, or you are against people who need help getting help. That is not the case. So please stop making assumptions.

Last edited:
I still love the drama of "there's a health care problem... there's a health care problem!!!" :rolleyes:

Well guess what... there are a lot of problems in this country... a hunger problem, a laziness problem, an AIDS problem, etc... and NONE of them are the government's or society's responsibility to fix for you... they are your responsibility to fix for yourself... nothing prevents you from purchasing or obtaining any service in this society, except your own effort and preparedness

Quite possibly one of the weakest posts in this whole thread. Well done.

I still love the drama of "there's a health care problem... there's a health care problem!!!"

Are you trying to minimize the severity of the issue that is health care in our country? LOL!

So if government shouldn't be involved in any of those things like you claim, what is the role and purpose of government? If it's not ensuring the well-being of its citizens, what else could possibly be more important?

nothing prevents you from purchasing or obtaining any service in this society, except your own effort and preparedness
Charles_Main - I think Dave just said that you and your mother could have insurance but you don't because you're not giving enough effort and aren't prepared in life. Dave wants you to stop mooching off of him.

Forum List

Back